Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So is the November video now the December video? It was supposed to rock
frown.png
brad you have deceived us with no video for this month.
They have 8 hours in which they might, yet, release a November video. Have faith, man!

Bruman

Golden Squire
They have 8 hours in which they might, yet, release a November video. Have faith, man!
If Pantheon is all about any one thing, it's faith.

(and stealing money, but mostly jesus stuff and faith. and drugs. and stealing money. but jesus and faith, too, srsly)

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Well faith and milking money out of idiots go hand in hand. Maybe the endgame for Brad is to start a new religion. Then he can start taking his opiates for "religious reasons."

And then transition right into molesting kids.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I smell a new geek and sundry show.
i dunno that show, but based on gaming experiences, you could make a great once a week web series about an exp group in unity fighting in x dungeon and funny shit that goes wrong. monetize the ads on youtube and you can generate income by views. this way brad can make money and so can his actors. it might even generate interest in a pantheon game. the unity guys would certainly love the free advertising. they would probably supply brad with whatever assets he wanted for free.

iannis

Musty Nester
Geek and Sundry is Felica Day's "youtube network".

It's like halfway between DeviantArt and a real production house.

It would be so easy to shit all over it... but I actually respect what she's doing and trying to do. It's just most of the productions and blogs that she hosts are horrible piles of suck. Getting actual talent to work (and it is actually work) for free is... well, calling them Apprentice Developers doesn't seem to work either!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
When was the last time you played EQ though? Its not even EQ that we all loved to hate or hate to love. it looks the same sorta, but its way different now. I guess you could play on the EQ99 or whatever its called, but lets be real we have all done that shit to hell and back. Im not saying this game will hook me or ill play it faithfully for years, hell im almost 40, them days are long gone, but i'd play something again if its half assed fun when my insomnia kicks in at night.
I'm not disagreeing, really. Even if I don't try Pantheon, I'll at least follow its progress and read reviews (then maybe try it based on what I read). I guess all I am saying is that it's a mistake to rely too much on EQ-nostalgia to maintain interest- and I have a feeling that's what Brad is going to do. Pantheon can probably get away with using an EQ framework as a base, but if it doesn't have enough merit to stand on its own two legs, it will be vapor.

I think I'm being far more realistic than pessimistic when I say it's very unlikely Pantheon will have enough merit to stand on its own. Who knows though /shrug.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
To me this game is irrelevant. You can make this game EQ-esque all you want but if the lore isn't there, it's pointless to me. It's an off brand or a poor attempt at something I would like to experience again. Who knows even if I really want that to begin with... It sounds good to play EQ again or at least something that would be the next chapter of EQ again but who knows how I will feel 3 months after the fact.

Brad is wasting his time in my opinion and honestly, EQNext may be wasting their time. If I want to play EQ then I want to play EQ. I want to believe EQNext will be enjoyable but if they stray too far from EQ, I don't want it. That doesn't mean I want EQ with a graphics update (well, I would like that but not as the next installment) but I want Norrath. I want Freeport, Qeynos, and all deities. I want EC Tunnels, Dorn, Lower Guk. At least I want to know what happens to them. EQNext may do that, honestly, I haven't followed it as closely as I should. However, I don't see me playing a "niche" game with a small community in some half-baked MMO that is intended for some short-sighted money grab.

You either have to leverage a popular IP the build a strong "niche" base if that's what you're going for because new people are not going to be that base you need to be a success. OR... you need to be WoW level to where you just wipe out the competition by sheer popularity, size, and power. It's a tough job. You either appeal to a dormant audience waiting for the second coming of their nostalgia or you appeal to everyone.