Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh, I guess I might have a problem with it if they had never disclosed numerous times up front and along the way that they were a) using Unity and b) using many of the game engine's standard/default art assets as temporary place holders. Most, like myself, might've assumed that just mean character models but I guess we know now it means more than that.

And I'm sure not everyone may be totally aware that this was the case but it is true and as such, it's not that big of a deal to me. I'm sure it will get changed down the road.

They're building a world, designing mechanics, and fleshing out ideas and concepts right now to get more funding. In other words, the shit that truly matters. I am by no means stating that the art does not matter but given that art can easily be changed when they have the proper resources on board to do them and it makes sense within their development cycle, this is hardly a big deal, IMO.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Someone could use a bit of this...

vsil.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I couldn't care less if they use asset store assets for the environment as long as it looks good, especially knowing it's a small team who has already stated they are using asset store assets and will be replacing at least some of them. To me this is no more of an issue than Hollywood overusing the Wilhelm Scream.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
One of the main posters there put up a screenshot of a castle.

Regardless of having previously indicating the use of placeholders the image being presented by a developer which indicates to the viewer that it is in fact their asset. IE why as a dev show the potential consumer or current investor an asset that is not your own. You typically wouldn't do that without a clarificarion (each time) because you typically aren't in the business of marketing someone else's material rather you would show it as a comparison to your own work.

Realistically it's borderline misrepresentation but anyway you look at it; it is disingenuous or just poor judgement by an idiot.

I don't get what your problem is. They said all along they are using unity store assets and will make their own stuff later. Some of it already is their own stuff like the Human model they showed in a video recently. And even stuff that is from the store, it is still worth showing screenshots so we can see how well they put it all together. Drama queen harder.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I would love to read about the game and not the arguing. Would be neet!

So will there be twinking in this game? Most stuff tradeable?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
One of the main posters there put up a screenshot of a castle.

Regardless of having previously indicating the use of placeholders the image being presented by a developer which indicates to the viewer that it is in fact their asset. IE why as a dev show the potential consumer or current investor an asset that is not your own. You typically wouldn't do that without a clarificarion (each time) because you typically aren't in the business of marketing someone else's material rather you would show it as a comparison to your own work.

Realistically it's borderline misrepresentation but anyway you look at it; it is disingenuous or just poor judgement by an idiot.

Good job doing your research. Nothing should have surprised you. It's only in your head that showing a screenshot AUTOMATICALLY implies everything in it are things they have created themselves. You sound like a typical low information Pantheon fan.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I would love to read about the game and not the arguing. Would be neet!

So will there be twinking in this game? Most stuff tradeable?
That's all we can do in the absence of anything remotely resembling a game update.

• 1Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've always been a fan of using Unity to it's fullest potential, which includes the assets. Some things cost more money than others, prioritize, tackle what you can control and then circle back later for the other stuff. That just about sums it up with what is going on with this project and projects like it. It's better to fill out a scene in the game than to leave it feeling like it's missing something. They are obviously showing this game to investors and demonstrating their abilities and proof of concept. Polishing up an area(which doesn't mean final pass) is most likely part of that process which requires assets that they probably know will be removed for better ones down the line but serve a purpose and don't kill the bank.

Last edited:

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like how the wall literally runs into the mountain.

Nice. I didn't notice that at first, but now I can't unsee it. You know how trees can grow around and through fences if the fence is sturdy enough? It looks like the mountain is growing around the castle and trying to swallow it. Wizards must have done it.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Well fuck; I caved recently and finally donated to get pre alpha access and these fucks are already walking tight rope of fraud and fiduciary misconduct by representing assets as their own.

Regardless of how it was posted by the dev on the pantheon forum it leads the individual to assume it is in fact their work. Best case it was just a retarded reality is the former.

you are dumb as hell

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

<Banned>
@Rikkon

"The speed at which we were able to work in the grey box environment, and throw in assets from the Asset Store, and integrate AI frameworks so that we didn't have to write a whole bunch of AI ourselves was incredible." – Ben Cousins

• 1Like

tyen

<Banned>
Just looked it up. The bloodspatter asset they use is here: Asset Store

Gonna put that shit in eqbrowser so you guttin gnolls. nawmean

• 1Like

tyen

<Banned>
But ya bros, totes fraud and fiduciary misconduct.

/cringe

• 1Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know Tyen dropped something similar. Can't remember if it's the same thing tho.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Ugh disgusting, my friend trying to donate 10gs for alpha access + first streaming rights. I'll keep you posted on his efforts.

He thinks he'll make some back. Man, one thing to take from this madness is people are feeling the itch

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Those screenshots are pretty much on level with Vanguard graphics. Not very impressive.

• 1Solidarity