Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the gifs in this thread are brilliant. Even though im still hopefull this shows up before im too old to play it.
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Showing off work during an alpha is weird. There's no chance that it is representative of what release would look like unless they're settling on incomplete work. I'll say it again: they need to hunker down and get themselves within some rational reach of release before they start lifting up their skirts.

*pre-alpha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
problem with wOw.....
before any expansion....
months after release....
played about a month or so, hit 30-40 something on warlock. Decimating everything I touched, stranglethorn area.
picked on some trash mob that was 4 lvls higher than me, abouts. For sure over 3 lvls.
20min later finally killing it from kiting it around/pet/etc, mind you without it dropping its short ass argo limits. wondering WTF!
friends informed me, thats the game mechanic....it has major negs on you to land anything x lvls over you....
next day, uninstalled the game....

• 1Like
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

That's also how almost every single RPG ever made has worked...

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah i mean EQ was even worse. Good luck fighting red cons without a group when the game was new.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
correct, its garbage.....
but because wOw did it.......the copy machine kept rolling....

I long for the days where players can do hand-me-downs to lower toons on gear.
Getting rare items you can sell off when you are done with it not because you out lvled it and then cant sell it even to a vender.
Crafting that means something.
Venders where I can shop and resell items to players.
fighting mobs higher than you without BS code blocks.
splitting mobs
kitting
reagents from mobs
clicky items
tinkering, and no wOw tinkering is just lip service.
etc etc....

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hey Nirgon Nirgon , what do you do about me? I don't hate this game. I don't wish it ill. I don't have malevolent feelings for it. I am entirely apathetic toward it. If it comes out, great. If it doesn't, whatever. I just like falling gifs.

Am doing terrible things by posting them?

f4d512b521c2fe046bde9f23997fc1fd.gif

You're not nasty like the rest to my immediate recollection. Some of these guys got a serious bug up their butt, ready to attack.

So play everquest. It has everything you described.
I am on p99, shits pretty classic.

Khane

"Fighting mobs higher than you without BS code blocks"

The levels are part of the power curve. So you want an MMO that has no power curve? That's the weirdest complaint I think I've ever heard about MMOs in general, especially considering they pretty much all do this and WoW didn't create the trend. In fact, WoW made it easier to play solo and take on higher level mobs... but the thing that made WoW easier while leveling... was why you uninstalled.

k?

• 1Like

Khane

Crossfit gifs, maybe even better than soccer gifs.

• 6Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 7 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The levels are part of the power curve. So you want an MMO that has no power curve?
When you go from level X to level X+1, suddenly a mob that is nearly impossible becomes perfectly fine, despite you having gotten a relatively small amount of power?

That is not a power curve, that is an artificial power limitation.

The devs have decided that you are NOT ALLOWED to do that yet, no matter how powerful you actually are vs the mob. It's the mark of designers who have a Vision™ and hate any attempt to go outside of their narrow rails.

It's usually done because you've made relatively sharp XP curves or gear curves. If your XP curve is well done, and your gear curve isn't massively inflated at each level, then you don't need an artificial power wall: the XP/difficulty would steadily drop as you target higher levels, and it becomes something you don't want to do regularly since it's a waste of your time, and the gear you'd get would be only slightly better than what you'd be able to get more easily elsewhere. I mean, if I get 200XP for killing a mob of my level, and 220XP for taking twice as long for killing a mob lvl+4, I'm doing it once or twice for the challenge, then I stop bothering.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users