Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I would rather have a vanguard 2.0 over a BotW MMO any day. Looks like the "Vision" has been changed.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Recent sessions have been awesome. Things are going really well. Wait until you can try the game for free if you have confidence issues. We genuinely would prefer to earn peoples money so no worries there. I get the timeframe stuff... These games are beasts to make. Not sure what else to say outside of just making sure things are done right no matter how long it takes.

• 8Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 12 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Recent sessions have been awesome. Things are going really well. Wait until you can try the game for free if you have confidence issues. We genuinely would prefer to earn peoples money so no worries there. I get the timeframe stuff... These games are beasts to make. Not sure what else to say outside of just making sure things are done right no matter how long it takes.

Oh, for the love of God Convo....you have a budget and money will run out, "no matter how long it takes" is going to go by the wayside real quick if you keep rebooting the game every two years and you keep bleeding programmers. I am glad the newbie experience for the Human race is awesome though, for the two classes in game. That's about what? 2% down, 98% left to go? Am I being too optimistic with the 2025 talk?

Also, with the recent pivot in direction away from EQ and to Breath of the Wild, can you confirm slingshots, boomerangs, and being able to fly by holding a chicken over your head?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Please tell them to put in escalators instead of climbing.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The gameplay in that last video is looking nice. Things are feeling a lot more polished. I think the main issue is the art, unfinished level and 00's era UI/Character models. Doesn't feel like a modern game, maybe that's intended though?

Combat, responsiveness, AI, movement, all seem a lot more polished though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Some interesting tidbits on the Pantheon Discord. Joppa seems to be a little fiery after some users were talking about VR taking too long to publish.

"Joppa 💚Yesterday at 10:29 PM
If the PA4 version of Pantheon was literally the apex of what you envisioned Pantheon to be, I'm not sure there's more conversation to be had. The game was woefully broken with no real way out, we were headed straight for Vanguard 2.0. We did what we had to do to not repeat history."
AHAHAHAHAHA

So let me get this straight...the game was becoming what NO FEW PEOPLE would have paid good money to play, so they decided to change directions and make something else?

Maybe they'll create the world's first high-fantasy mountain-climbing MMO , and it definitely won't be repeating history. But good luck getting people to buy into "Alpinism Online"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
AHAHAHAHAHA

So let me get this straight...the game was becoming what NO FEW PEOPLE would have paid good money to play, so they decided to change directions and make something else?

Maybe they'll create the world's first high-fantasy mountain-climbing MMO , and it definitely won't be repeating history. But good luck getting people to buy into "Alpinism Online"

This is spot on. Vanguard 2.0 with good animations andcharacter models, without the technical issues would be everyone on this boards wet dream. VG was the true EQ2 it just shit the bed on too many things.

Instead we get

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

• 3Like

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
.. Wait until you can try the game for free if you have confidence issues. ..
Oh ya? And how many years away is that? Seriously. Pick any number, and I'll be happy to wait.
FYI, in case you lost track, Convo? ~4 months from now is the 7th year development effort anniversary for Pantheon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game looks like an abortion. There is nothing even remotely going on here to be excited about. This game would look dated already if it was released during the main Everquest era during 1999 - 2004 anyways. I'm not so sure that the combat system shown thus far could be made any more worse or boring. We had 2nd year students turning in better projects with only a 2 month window given to go from conception to finished product.

• 3Worf
  • 1NPC
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I will be interested to see when video game companies start making games for the 40+ niche specifically. Maybe they are true pioneers. Or did candy crush and words with friends beat them to the punch?

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I admit I have never played Vanguard but from a lot of people I know who did having a 2.0 version would not have been a bad thing.

Heh. omg. My dear boy. *slapping you on the back*

Let me tell you a story about a major fuckup called Vanguard.

• 3Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Reminder : this is still never going to be released. Climbing into the ether of the internet shortly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>