Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Anyone got more of the pre alpha/alpha WoW stuff for this guy

world-of-warcraft-pre-alpha.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
And is rapidly losing subs as Pantheon development picks up steam.

Feels real good.

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The problem with all this dev time is that Elden Ring just came out and redefined both open worlds and what is expected of a fantasy setting, they can't keep up.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If we were raiding deathknell, whining about how shitty eq is and how por is terrible and who designed this garbage ass content, and wow was still in pre alpha, and furors 14 days turned into years much like covid restrictions... you might have a point. Instead, wow pre alpha quickly became alpha, then closed beta, etc. In 2004 they released a game. Pantheon has been in development for longer than the time from EQ starting development to WOW live release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Any alpha/pre alpha screen shots? Couldn't be worse than the WoW ones so why not

People will be subbing Pantheon over WoW, why?

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
To be fair, WoW made it out of pre-alpha. What's the world record for a game being in a pre-alpha state? I feel like 9 years has to be putting Pantheon pretty high on that list already.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You keep tossing that picture around but this was also WoW pre-Alpha.

Xl6zTL8OermSyFESQVJY5GvRo7_YMNhQ7x8MzNJEjzg.jpg

Aside from the significant different in ages just how long did WoW's or Vanguard's Pre-Alpha/Alpha/Beta take from start to finish?

WoW announced 2001 and released 2004 (3 years), VGSoH development started 2002 and released 2007 (5 years) that's a total of 8 years.

Pantheon started January 2014 and still not out of pre-Alpha in March 2022 (8 years and counting).

So, well, yeah...

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I really like the blue and green contrast in the other one. It speaks to the artist and their telling of a life long dream to be an environment artist, against an open blue sky of the spreading rumors of being acquired by a soulless corporate entity.

8 years of development, hundreds of developers, tens of millions of dollars.... and one zone. :D

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I’m torn as to whether he is a troll or he is truly a sad, deranged individual. And then I realized I don’t care!

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I just hope this game is streamed by average whores and followed by a community of simps that runs it into the ground.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Someone early made the point about WOW took 3 years to make. True but they already had years of prior content from Warcraft to draw from the gallows. Not to mention EQ and WOW both had deep pockets with their parent companies. The thing about Pantheon in all fairness they don't have access to Vanguard anymore and can't use EQ as a backup template. They are making a game to honor their fallen friend, Brad. Mcquaid wasn't perfect and he had his faults. Fires of heaven would not have exist if it wasnt for him and his vision. Let's be honest here. Lastly, I remember hearing a story one time that FOH fearless leader, Furor aka Alex Afrasiabi, almost when to work for Brad at Sigil in the late 2000s. Looks like they dodged a bullet there.

I have been very critical when it comes to Pantheon. In the early years of development of the game Brad used a lot of money as a private slush fund for his family because his wife was sick with Cancer. She died after Brad a month later. He didn't have health insurance after he left SOE and his premiums were very high. Brad's relatives put up the money from a real estate deal to finance the project. Joppa is working himself to the bone trying to make the project work. If you look at the project from 2020 they have made significant leaps considering the team's size and funding.

• 1Worf