Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know what classic MMO even means. That genre evolved faster than any other genre and there was never actually a "formula". WoW reinvented itself with every single expansion except for Cata, where it just tried to be WotLK but harder, which was a massive failure. EQ did the same thing before WoW (and GoD) killed it.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider

Comments? I see one thing they did right here. Text on the Screen is huge. A lot of people play without sound or are deaf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Comments? I see one thing they did right here. Text on the Screen is huge. A lot of people play without sound or are deaf
I know their game has been in development since the 1970's, but if they could just move their presentations past the early 2000's and put their love for podcasts to the side, that would be great. I could throw together better presentations with my hands tied and the comments section wouldnt be a circle jerk of "so thankful the vision(tm) is being upheld herp derp"

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know what classic MMO even means.
Classic means DikuMUD lineage, non-instanced, strong dependence on grouping for personal progression, forced social interaction, as well as high risk high reward.

As in: anything WoW, then known as "the MMO for casuals," has introduced.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yes, I am aware of the situation with Alex and I used to raid with him weekly with Freelance. I have been in the same boat as him and have heard the bullshit line -Iam a female gamer. i was stalked by a female in 2006 to the point that SOE-Sony got involved. Of course I know its something you cant talk about in public maybe in a quiet corner with a couple of mugs of beer. if you want to talk Alex and Jeff. i am the "red shirt cleric" I would like to verify something that happened to me if any one from FOH can verfiy? Did James Earl Jones play EQ? supposedly had a relative that worked at SOE and one year he attended the x mas party. Also, this story keeps surfacing about Furor being fucked over by James and some guy named Rich. They made monks able with their abilities to tank Bosses. The Druids Grove's Hall of fame post. It would not surprise me. Something about a sit in in POK. Celebrates are normal people too. Is there any truth to this rumor?

I am not trolling. This is a serious question. Finally, I would like to see the rumor confirm or squashed because some guy claimed to be him and got kicked out of the guild
This post reads like someone fed an AI old EQ articles.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I think joppa is giving us a retelling of the EQ and WoW model. it's hard to come up with a new idea anymore in MMOs.

Last edited:

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Nope. I am at the twilight of my career in gaming and don't have to strength to carry on anymore inside the game. Medical reasons and my general apathy that the game direction has gone in the last 20 years. i remember I wanted to log on every day and would find myself oftentimes thinking about the game at work or at school. Spending hours downloading map packs and printing them out only to be placed in a three-ring binder. It was a full-time job. It was the Golden Age of Gaming.

Pantheon is going the wrong direction. They are trying to recapture the magic, but it is long gone. It has evolved into a totally different beast now in order to survive. War has broken out among different communities. There are grieving families, greedy lawyers and companies, and a divided gaming community of fans that are afraid to get involved anymore. Gaming bots and pay2win models are running everywhere. I want you to get mad.

The proper word in the gaming community is more social distancing than social interaction. Am i crazy to think this way? Because all I heard was that FOH was 99% shit talkers anyway according to the Pantheon community.

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"They dont agree with us. They're just bullies!" Sounds like another group of people I know, political even.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nope. I am at the twilight of my career in gaming and don't have to strength to carry on anymore inside the game. Medical reasons and my general apathy that the game direction has gone in the last 20 years. i remember I wanted to log on every day and would find myself oftentimes thinking about the game at work or at school. Spending hours downloading map packs and printing them out only to be placed in a three-ring binder. It was a full-time job. It was the Golden Age of Gaming.

This isn't gaming. This is obsession. Plenty of us were like that back then, but let's call a spade... a spade.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Because all I heard was that FOH was 99% shit talkers anyway according to the Pantheon community.

It's called common sense vs complete fucking morons.

I'll illustrate. FOH is on the shore - the Pantheon community is trying to reach the level of common sense one would expect to have as a 1st grader.

Rara.gif

• 1Fal'len
Reactions: 1 user

elbas

Molten Core Raider
Crowfall wasnt any fun and clearly a half finished product on release, thats what the problem was. Not age and nostalgia.
Is there any reason to believe that Pantheon won't also be a clearly half finished product on release like Crowfall? Their rate of progress seems slow and chaotic. It'd be one thing if their demos were playable and there was an active alpha community after all this time, but it seems like they are still just messing around with proof of concept tests. I can't see how this team comes together to deliver a game that garners enough players to be relevant. People who want EQ nostalgia can get it in spades by joining one of the time-locked-progression servers that are jam-packed with people (at least at the start). Pantheon would need a spectacular product at launch to pull enough people away their nostalgia bubbles to join a new game. People aren't going to jump ship for a buggy, half-finished game.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is there any reason to believe that Pantheon won't also be a clearly half finished product on release like Crowfall? Their rate of progress seems slow and chaotic. It'd be one thing if their demos were playable and there was an active alpha community after all this time, but it seems like they are still just messing around with proof of concept tests. I can't see how this team comes together to deliver a game that garners enough players to be relevant. People who want EQ nostalgia can get it in spades by joining one of the time-locked-progression servers that are jam-packed with people (at least at the start). Pantheon would need a spectacular product at launch to pull enough people away their nostalgia bubbles to join a new game. People aren't going to jump ship for a buggy, half-finished game.

No, those time locked servers are far from actual classic EQ.

If they actually did that with the old marble UI, mechanics, spell damage, no instances and timeline? Sure, I'd be in.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
That last gameplay vid was meh, everything was too clean and smooth. Why can't it have graphics like this
EzMO7iaVoAA0zit.jpg
screen2_spider_4K-1-scaled.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users