Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Big up front, big in the end. They're both critical.
Yep. It can turn around. Continue doing interviews with websites (massively, mmorpg.com, gamebreaker.tv, etc.), start addressing concerns with the tiers and description of the kickstarter, do a livestream Q & A, etc.

Just saw your posts in the Kickstarter thread. Looking forward to a Pantheon thread of its own
smile.png
Yep, I decided to post it in there first. That thread isn't viewed by many people.

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
They are averaging $87 per pledge. That's quite impressive. That's just over 9,100 backers to get funded. The average KS pledge is like $73 (sum of pledge(s) made to a single product).

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Look at the dailies for those: It's exactly true. I mean, we are only 6 hours into the first day, and there are more days in Pantheon than for those others but look at everyone's first day on those graphs. These are really interesting choices for examples, btw. Ignore Star Citizen, however, as a model for anything. That is an MMO-esque game from an industry legend in a genre with almost no entries and a funding model that lends itself to contributors making multiple purchases that made more last month than they did in the KS campaign. It has appeal as both an MMO and a single player game, with nostalgia as well as a working alpha footage that looked incredible. It scales from Privateer-done-modern to replacement-Eve and is all things to all space-sim fans.

-Camelot Unleashed raised almost 25% of their ending total the first day. They raised another 20% of their funding the final 48 hours.
-Pathfinder Online raised almost 21% of their ending total on the last day, mostly because it was going to fail to be funded; they were like $135k short of their goal going into the last 24 hours.

Both of those still came in at around 110% of their targets.

There is a fair amount of research and math on this. I am not saying that anyone should start worrying yet, at all. In 42 hours from now, though, we will be able to estimate within a couple of standard deviations where it is going to end up, barring something last minute like Pathfinder Online.

Edit: Pathfinder also had an ala carte item/reward bolt-on system as well. Right now, there isn't much to bring existing contributers back for add-ons, and these are folks you don't want one-and-done-ing this.

RSand_sl

shitlord
The only MMO kick starter I have any knowledge of was Camelot. That raised something like 500k on the first day then struggled until the end which had a few really big contributions.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Unchained has a series of uber pvp guilds all toss money like a bunch of idiots at the game. Tuco can tell you more about that.
biggrin.png

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's totally true. Time after time these projects have to update like 20 times a day with all new promises to get across their goal. Use a little bit of logic. The anticipation is building and all those people run through the gates. Sustaining that burst is impossible, you just have to hope you can do enough to meet your goal.

Edit: Snipped. My bad, Quaid.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They just need to be quick about dropping info and clarifying features.

Is Leashing in or can we expect trains?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a decent amount of people who think the money withdraws right away. So that actually could be an issue for some.

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
They just need to be quick about dropping info and clarifying features.

Is Leashing in or can we expect trains?
Says in the Q&A they'll have a traditional zone setup so in theory that means you don't need leashing.

I'll call it now. It gets funded but no stretch goals (well just maybe the first one: Ranger)

Going to need a paid beta and PayPal pre orders for digital downloads to complete the project. Or another kickstarter next year.
Or sell it to SOE (Come on we are all thinking it..)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah, it's totally true. Time after time these projects have to update like 20 times a day with all new promises to get across their goal. Use a little bit of logic. The anticipation is building and all those people run through the gates. Sustaining that burst is impossible, you just have to hope you can do enough to meet your goal.

The funny thing is your evidence supports me. Your posts are really, really bad in this thread.
Turns out I was reading those graphs totally wrong.

Thanks for being a cunt though.

Mur_sl

shitlord
I'll call it now. It gets funded but no stretch goals (well just maybe the first one: Ranger)

Going to need a paid beta and PayPal pre orders for digital downloads to complete the project. Or another kickstarter next year.
Do you really think there is any chance that there won't be a Ranger class? This is Brad "Aradune" McQuaid we're talking about here...
wink.png