Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Having forums is a pain in the ass. You have to maintain it, mod it, and make sure internet nerds don't flame people all over the place. That requires way too much man power right now for them, or hassle. Community Mods are a worse idea unless you know them personally or knew them on the internets for years.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well its either that or BOE which sucks balls. There has to be a way to get rid of items and stop mudflation somehow.
Bind to Account with a shared bank is what I've always wanted to see in MMOs.

Breaking down equipment for crafting components or temporary buffs, etc...plenty of ways to get rid of items in a more meaningful way than just wearing down and getting them repaired at a Blacksmith.

Grave_sl

shitlord
Eh, you're not wrong. I just think it's worth the trade-off if you can manage it. Grim Dawn doesn't even have 10 people and they do it.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Having forums is a pain in the ass. You have to maintain it, mod it, and make sure internet nerds don't flame people all over the place. That requires way too much man power right now for them, or hassle. Community Mods are a worse idea unless you know them personally or knew them on the internets for years.
Yep. And you give, and give, and give, and people like me are the thanks you get!
wink.png

I always liked the idea of having 'official' communities that were supported by the game. Let fan sites do a lot of the heavy lifting in exchange for some shout-out cred. Makes a wider community than official forums, which are usually shit anyhow.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Bind to Account with a shared bank is what I've always wanted to see in MMOs.

Breaking down equipment for crafting components or temporary buffs, etc...plenty of ways to get rid of items in a more meaningful way than just wearing down and getting them repaired at a Blacksmith.
I like giving people things, too. I remember when I was 'retiring' from EQ I gave a high level dagger to some random noob rogue in EC. Like a year later I returned to the game as a new rerolled (because I was hardcore and deleted my original toon) and the dude remembered me, helped twink me, and got his guild to let me do some raids with them and shit. I barely even remembered when I was giving out high level crap to newbs before deleting, but it was a pretty memorable event to him at the time.

Gold farmers and shit, though. :/

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I like giving people things, too. I remember when I was 'retiring' from EQ I gave a high level dagger to some random noob rogue in EC. Like a year later I returned to the game as a new rerolled (because I was hardcore and deleted my original toon) and the dude remembered me, helped twink me, and got his guild to let me do some raids with them and shit. I barely even remembered when I was giving out high level crap to newbs before deleting, but it was a pretty memorable event to him at the time.

Gold farmers and shit, though. :/
Yeah, agree. I remember making several friends in EQ due me giving away something, or someone giving me something. Personally I think everything in the game should be tradeable like Firiona Vie was in EQ. The amount of fun I had going from a high end raid guild on a normal server to a high end raid guild on Firiona Vie went up immensly. When one person upgraded an item, they passed down their old item, then that person passed down their item, etc. There were some good nights when nearly everyone in the raid would get an upgrade, it was a blast.

When I said I want to see Bind on Account, I meant in place of BOE (Would still allow self twinking, handing off old items), if the devs feel like they have to have some kind of bind system. Everything tradeable is my preference though.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I know fitting physical items into a budget is hard (just ask Double Fine) but is it too much to ask for a cloth map and a sack of stupid marbles we can call rune orbs?

Also, make the soundtrack available via download.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Put me down for forums but not yet. Let's get this thing funded first.. Bad enough this is cutting into game making time ha..

Welcome Ben... Appreciate you guys posting here..

I think one way we can help these guys out is pointing them in direction of other forums that could benefit from a post or 2 by the team if we see it taking a turn for the worst..

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Did anyone see any info on casting? Stop to cast, or moving while casting? It's nearly a deal breaker for me because after Vanguard I'm a tard and can't stop moving and interrupting my casts in other games. And it's an ideal don't-stand-in-red-circles mechanic.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Look at all of you Johnny-come-lately's! Tuco, Abe, and others (me!) were giving the good advice yesterday! F'n 14(th)ers.

Seriously, I will do the lifetime sub tier but thank you thank you thank you for getting out there and starting to make improvements. Seriously, do another video that is just the team talking about what they liked most, what they are most passionate about, in regards to the old games. You, Brad, come on after each and talk about how this is going to inform your new one. Explain the basis of the lore and where it has the potential to go. Warring God-Kings! Terminus: This is where myths go to die! But here, they are real; some are deadly, some are devious, some are beneficent, and some are down right mean. Right now, you guys aren't selling steak. That is 2016. Right now, it is all about sizzle. It's about how good the old-school game is going to be: just imagine that grouping melting in your mouth... Well, ok, don't say that, but you get what I mean.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Did anyone see any info on casting? Stop to cast, or moving while casting? It's nearly a deal breaker for me because after Vanguard I'm a tard and can't stop moving and interrupting my casts in other games. And it's an ideal don't-stand-in-red-circles mechanic.
You'll be able to move casting the vast majority of spells. There may be a few you can't, and many will probably slow you down, but in general, yes you can move while casting.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Look at all of you Johnny-come-lately's! Tuco, Abe, and others (me!) were giving the good advice yesterday! F'n 14(th)ers.

Seriously, I will do the lifetime sub tier but thank you thank you thank you for getting out there and starting to make improvements. Seriously, do another video that is just the team talking about what they liked most, what they are most passionate about, in regards to the old games. You, Brad, come on after each and talk about how this is going to inform your new one. Explain the basis of the lore and where it has the potential to go. Warring God-Kings! Terminus: This is where myths go to die! But here, they are real; some are deadly, some are devious, some are beneficent, and some are down right mean. Right now, you guys aren't selling steak. That is 2016. Right now, it is all about sizzle. It's about how good the old-school game is going to be: just imagine that grouping melting in your mouth... Well, ok, don't say that, but you get what I mean.
We will try to get more videos done, but it really takes a bit of time to do them nicely. We DO have 2 more Q&A videos with me answering players' questions, the 2nd one will be up soon. What are your opinions on how quickly we roll these out?

Aradune_sl

shitlord
This.

Khayos_sl

shitlord
Brad Could we maybe move away from the telegraphs on the floor and such, and If you are going to have a bit of the actiony combat, use Tera as a model instead of Wildstar. Telegraphs on the floor are for less intelligent players. Tera had the mobs have actual motions that would insinuate that they were going to do something you needed to block or dodge. In comparison Wildstar is a kiddie game. Please don't put something in that treats us as inferior to the game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We will try to get more videos done, but it really takes a bit of time to do them nicely. We DO have 2 more Q&A videos with me answering players' questions, the 2nd one will be up soon. What are your opinions on how quickly we roll these out?
Depends how much info you guys have but the videos should go up pretty fast.. The more questions answered the less anyone can speculate negatively.. IMO by end of next week both should be up.. You still have a ton of other info you can trickle out anyway.

Edit- you also have a chance to really sell the classes as you reveal.. I think you selling what will make individual classes standout will only benefit the KS.. Don't underestimate the value in that.

Khayos_sl

shitlord
Honestly you want to move these out as soon as possible. The more info available, the more likely people are going to drop money in my opinion!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
You'll be able to move casting the vast majority of spells. There may be a few you can't, and many will probably slow you down, but in general, yes you can move while casting.
I love you, man. I almost like the idea of different spells having different movement penalties. I like that level of thought before you cast a spell. Like how the aoe mez in EQ could mez the enchanter.