Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would hope whoever is charge of PR/marketing knows all this already and doesn't need a bunch of gamers to tell him/her where to go and what to do.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Requiem should flip fohguild back on but with just a link to the kickstarter.
smile.png

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Still no Brad/Ben activity I can see on MMORPG.com or reddit. Haters are being allowed to control the conversation.
Changing that. Just did a couple of posts on MMORPG.com and will start posting everywhere I can starting today. I won't be able to keep up with everything here, but it's the right call.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Changing that. Just did a couple of posts on MMORPG.com and will start posting everywhere I can starting today. I won't be able to keep up with everything here, but it's the right call.
Honestly your right though. You need to spend less time here and hit other forums to get people to invest who haven't already. Pretty sure were tapped out haha.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
We are already behind you my man - get the word out elsewhere. We won't mind if we take a backseat.

BTW I think the 1 class per week thing is a weak strategy. Nobody is gonna get excited about 'the warrior' because everyone expects there to be one. I'd do all races one week, then all known classes the next, world map + concept dungeon map the next. Give news sites something juicy to report on. Single class blurbs aren't enough content to write an article about.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Honestly your right though. You need to spend less time here and hit other forums to get people to invest who haven't already. Pretty sure were tapped out haha.
I would agree as well...most of the people here are invested and dedicated to the idea.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I would hope whoever is charge of PR/marketing knows all this already and doesn't need a bunch of gamers to tell him/her where to go and what to do.
This isn't to impune Brad or Ben at all but if everything had been worked out perfectly ahead of time, there wouldn't be 20 neckbeards in this thread telling them how to legitimately improve their chances of getting the game we all want funded on KS.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We are already behind you my man - get the word out elsewhere. We won't mind if we take a backseat.

BTW I think the 1 class per week thing is a weak strategy. Nobody is gonna get excited about 'the warrior' because everyone expects there to be one. I'd do all races one week, then all known classes the next, world map + concept dungeon map the next. Give news sites something juicy to report on. Single class blurbs aren't enough content to write an article about.
Yeah if you do that, by the time the Kickstarter is done you'll have revealed 3 classes and no other info?

Man I'm backing this, it has a Warrior, a Cleric, AND a Mage!

I think that strategy would have worked if you just started a website for a couple months to build the game up, but that ship has sailed.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

/agree

But I would do classes first just to annoy Quaid.

@Hateyou lol

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Yeah if you do that, by the time the Kickstarter is done you'll have revealed 3 classes and no other info?

Man I'm backing this, it has a Warrior, a Cleric, AND a Mage!

I think that strategy would have worked if you just started a website for a couple months to build the game up, but that ship has sailed.
WTF? No CC? Bullshit!

Zaven_sl

shitlord
If you get a chance, can you take a look at this that i posted a few pages back?

Brad i have two questions that are holding me up before my friends and i pledge.

First, (and this is huge for me, could even be a deal breaker)How will the dungeons in Pantheon be as far as rare spawns are concerned?Will it be more like EQ or VG? I preferred EQ style over VG, even though they were both similar. I liked how eq had static ph for the named. In vanguard rares were given several spawn points, so much so, that it was difficult to know if you were even killing the right ph's. It was to the point somtimes that you didn't even camp, you just roamed all around the dungeon trying to get lucky. From what i remember this was done to stop the competition over camps. I think that with this target audience, we don't want easier. We miss camping. We aren't afraid to sit and camp X mob for hours with downtime to talk and socialize. We are fine with one ph in a dungeon holding down a spot for a rare. The best case scenario here is to make it exactly like EQ.

Second.Will mounts be an early level thing?I really think they have the potential for messing the game up. They could easily make travelling a lot less dangerous and SoW worthless when it comes to travelling. Imagine the trains people will make if they can just run all over the zone way faster than mobs can. The only way that i can see to counter this if mounts are very late game, maybe even max level.

I would like to add one more thing Brad. I can only offer this piece of advice to you. Don't get cute. If something worked well in EQ, and people have fond memories of it, don't change it just to change it. If you are unsure of a new idea, fall back on EQ. It's the greatest mmo ever made. Most here will tell you that they would play an exact carbon copy of eq again. Hell, if we just had the people that are playing eq emulated servers donating, we would almost be pledged already. My point is, i hope you are taking the basic EQ model, and jazzing it up a little. Maybe EQ group play, a few instanced dungeons for story, VG class system and maybe a few new ideas. So far everything i've read seems that you are on this path with the exception of the combat system. I am a little concerned with it, and i hope it doesn't get in the way of a great game.I know you would like to offer something new and exciting to the genre. I'm not saying this is all bad, but most people are here not for new ideas, but the old ones that worked so well. Remember that and i think it will serve you well.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Way too many people with the wait and see approach! Some even waiting to see if it funds before it hits the stretch goal..just donate and get the momentum going..