Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lysis

N00b
You're right. But tell us how this is unlikeany other MMORPG releasedin the last 10 years? It's the exact same story as ALL the others.
Which games launched as bad as VG? Which producer lied as much as Brad? The common MMO story is probably more analogous to BF4 right now.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That art was done for Maslow 6. The Council of Creators (credit to tad) wasMaslow 6 Entertainment's"creative think tank." The Council of Creators had an IP calledSundered Sea, which is what thisart work was originally created forandBrad McQuaidwas involved.

I'm sure considering the push for more information and knowing he had that awesome bit of art work to use as leverage, it made sense and creating a zone around it popped in their heads. I'm sure some people will take issue with it, but I'm OK with it. The Sundered Sea IP is dead in the water (boom) and Brad was involved in its original creation.
Thanks for clarifying, gogojira. I think it is great that it is now used as a concept for one of their cities, it certainly has an epic feel about it.

I am still not comfortable with the idea that this MMO looks to be pretty much conceptualized in real-time right now. Too much pressure from the KS leading to a disconnected whole and possibly broken promises later. Well, there aren't really promises, but still.

Re-using such fine art is ok in my book though.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
"Everquest meets Dark Souls in a Planescape setting"? Not sure that has enough umph to bring in newer players.
I think the pitch to DS people was. "thisold schoolinspired game ischallenging and unforgivingwith a massive fantasy world to roam and explore"

But it failed to go anywhere it seems and I think Brad may have given up on it. On here I think I was the only one who seemed to think it had any merit at all.

Groove

Trakanon Raider
Armada and Archway? JFC can you get any more generic? Still, upped my pledge to 375 recently. Idgaf about lolore as long as the gameplay is fun and challenging.

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
He fucked us over by lying. He misrepresented the state of both Vanguard and Sigil and launched the game in an unfinished, largely unplayable state. He did so because Sigil was not healthy; it was out of money.

Fans didn't just buy Vanguard, they invested in it. A lot of those fans were enthusiasts who planned guilds, built sites, upgraded computers, etc.

Months in, we continued to receive assurances. A miracle patch was coming. Lots of content was almost done. Even two weeks before the SOE takeover, he posts about a relaunch, fall expansion, ship battles, pirates, RTS, city building, etc..

That he did it to those with a lot of trust for him makes it worse IMO.

[not my intent to beat dead horses, just explaining reasoning]
Holy shit..you fucking sound like what he did was equivalent to Bernie Madoff's ponzie scheme and deserves a similar punishment. Waaa waaa...people formed guilds and shit over the game. Big fucking deal. And since when is a new computer considered an 'investment' in a video game? Maybe if you're a fucking poor.

Lysis

N00b
Holy shit..you fucking sound like what he did was equivalent to Bernie Madoff's ponzie scheme and deserves a similar punishment. Waaa waaa...people formed guilds and shit over the game. Big fucking deal. And since when is a new computer considered an 'investment' in a video game? Maybe if you're a fucking poor.
There's no wah, wah. These are facts. Apply whatever value you want to them. They are relevant to what Brad wants to do now. Mostly because a lot of people looking for an EQ experience now were among those looking for it with Vanguard. Therefore when analyzing the failings of Brad's KS, one must consider his inability to overcome the trust objection and what would be required to do so.

Investing comes in many forms. Time, money, resources, etc. It's actually a very general word. Income is irrelevant. Time is important to everyone.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I've wasted my time investment in multiple fucking terrible mmo's the past several years. I'm not putting money into the KS to get a return other than a chance at a game I enjoy. For fuck's sake , there's plenty to pile on Brad about with the current handling of the KS, the 7 years ago shit is gone and done.

2002User

Can you please take Brad McQuaid's Vicodin powdered dick out of your mouth for one second?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Which games launched as bad as VG? Which producer lied as much as Brad? The common MMO story is probably more analogous to BF4 right now.
Do you realize the number of guilds that were created in anticipation of TOR? I had longtime friends who were waiting for that game longer than people have been waiting for the rapture.

Don't act like Brad or VG is unique in this industry - ALL of it & them (including Blizzard, for different reasons) deserves thrown on the shit pile. The question is: which ones are worth recycling.

I've wasted my time investment in multiple fucking terrible mmo's the past several years. I'm not putting money into the KS to get a return other than a chance at a game I enjoy. For fuck's sake , there's plenty to pile on Brad about with the current handling of the KS, the 7 years ago shit is gone and done.
I feel the same exact way.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well lysis is certainly fighting the stereotype of Jan14s being Brad fanbois...

WTF happened to Zoeii? I thought the was a good writer/poster with some decent ideas. But i guess her skin was not thick enough for this place. So she likely would not have stayed around long anyways. Basically was asking for more with those responses of hers 'How dare you treat aladylike this!"

gogojira_sl

shitlord
This thread is pretty much on loop now. Highs, lows, people praising, people hating; we even get former Vanguard developers poking their heads in from time to time. Kickstarter suggestions and what Visionary Realms should or shouldn't do have almost run their course, now it's on the team to continue pushing forward and get Pantheon funded based on feedback. It looks like they're busting their ass which is a good thing.

Failures happen. I was pissed about Vanguard, too, and there was a time like 7 years ago I swore I'd never touch something from anyone associated with Sigil again but that feeling is so far gone at this point. Times change, people change; there's no guarantees a similar situation won't happen but I'm OK with taking a chance and backing something that's trying to deliver an experience nobody else bothers to do anymore. It's not about being stuck in the past either, because I'm all for the big AAA studios trying new things (so long as we get away from the shitty present).

K13R

WTF happened to Zoeii? I thought the was a good writer/poster with some decent ideas. But i guess her skin was not thick enough for this place. So she likely would not have stayed around long anyways. Basically was asking for more with those responses of hers 'How dare you treat aladylike this!"
My guess she had a wiener and went off to greener patures..

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Some of you really need to let shit slide and stop taking past mistakes so personally. If you can't do that, that's fine. No one's forcing you do pledge for this project or forgive Brad McQuaid for what you probably perceive as rape.

Just don't expect everyone else to share in your hostility towards the man. Everyone in here knows that Brad has fucked up plenty over the years. Your coming in here and digging up the past while layering on Furor rant levels of hyperbole (without the wit) is not going to change anyone's mind about anything. You're just shitting up the thread.

I'm not saying this to anyone in particular. Just got annoyed after reading through some pages catching up on the thread. This shit is getting really tiresome.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Today looks on track to be another sub-10k earner. Watching the Kicktraq of this thing is nail bitingly amusing.

K13R

This is what happened last time I bought into the VISION now you got show me something BOYEEE!!!
rrr_img_58018.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of you really need to let shit slide and stop taking past mistakes so personally. If you can't do that, that's fine. No one's forcing you do pledge for this project or forgive Brad McQuaid for what you probably perceive as rape.

Just don't expect everyone else to share in your hostility towards the man. Everyone in here knows that Brad has fucked up plenty over the years. Your coming in here and digging up the past while layering on Furor rant levels of hyperbole (without the wit) is not going to change anyone's mind about anything. You're just shitting up the thread.

I'm not saying this to anyone in particular. Just got annoyed after reading through some pages catching up on the thread. This shit is getting really tiresome.
Something has to balance out the circle jerking that goes on also. It's about even from the 2 extreme opposite spectrums. Some people forgive and forget, others do not, welcome to discussions.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>

You can't blame her for not wanting to be ganged up on by a bunch of fucking goons who lose their shit at the whiff of a lady invading their territory.

Whether or not Zoeii was a he or a she really shouldn't matter. What we got was a disgusting display of behavior that would have turned anyone off from posting here.