Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

@Brad if you still lurk, take a look at shadowrun and what they did. They released an RPG with their mechanics and then are going for Shadowrun online. Maybe 2 steps gets you there rather than 1 and the first step is a game people could get behind not just an alpha that would be shopped for more MMO funding dollars which in this market will likely lead to the mainstream ideas those with the dollars are paying for.
AFAIK the companies behind the Kickstarters for Shadowrun Returns (single player RPG) and Shadowrun Online (MMOG) have nothing to do with each other beside licensing the IP.

- Shadowrun Returns is a single player game for PC, MAC, IOS, Android and was made byHairbrained Schemeswhich is run by Jordan Weisman, the original creator of Shadowrun (which is why I kickstarted it).

- Shadowrun Online is being developed byCliffhanger Productionswho made the rather sub-par Jagged Alliance Online reboot. Which is why I had zero interest in their Kickstarter.

Not sure why he went into that long winded answer. Simple fact is the Vanguard Beta forums were a cesspool of morons. I don't blame them for pay to post.

PS: didn't see any Snakes That Kick on the meeting whiteboard ... game is destined to fail
tongue.png

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Not sure why he went into that long winded answer. Simple fact is the Vanguard Beta forums were a cesspool of morons. I don't blame them for pay to post.
The vanguard beta forums were a cesspool because of the morons who are now paying to post. I'm pretty sure I'd vomit if I read even half of the ass kissing going on over at that circle jerk right now.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I'm choosing to believe he has a mullet. It makes all of his posts instantly better.
I posted a pic of myself. Can't believe you missed it. Its in the politics thread.

TragedyAnn has already posted more art than the entire Pantheon has done in the last 2 weeks. She should apply for a job.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The vanguard beta forums were a cesspool because of the morons who are now paying to post. I'm pretty sure I'd vomit if I read even half of the ass kissing going on over at that circle jerk right now.
It's really not that bad. I tend to only check out topics that interest me. There is just a more positive vibe, obviously... but there isn't a whole lot of crazy hardline stances going on. Plenty of disagreements, Dev's feeling people out on some stuff, looking for zone/dungeon ideas, etc..

A response from Brad in regards to a post I made regarding AI.

There's 2 kinds of AI I am excited about:

1. What NPCs do when they're not in combat... walking around, muttiering things, having something to say when hailed, etc. I'm hoping we can do advanced AI here and give NPCs purposes, desires, memories, etc.

2. What NPCs do in combat. This is tricky. What we want are a bunch of different behavior types, so that NPCs don't always do the same thing. Their race, class, location should matter. The context should matter. This makes it so players have to use different tactics in combat, depending on who they are fighting, when, and where.

BUT, we probably don't want super smart NPCs. We did this early on in EQ. The first logical thing an NPC would do is kill the healers. We had them do that for a while. Didn't turn out to be fun, although it was 'realistic'.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Unfortunately keeping AI pretty predictable and stupid is really the only way to go. At least if the goal is to make a holy trinity type game. We have a hard enough time finding healers/tanks as it is heh. Advanced AI is probably only something we will see in a sandbox setting where there isn't such a focus on roles.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
are they working on the game yet? Or still just batting ideas around? Are they talking about working on a demo or something? I still just see ideas but then I'm not privy to insider info.
rrr_img_61705.jpg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dem garage meetings

17c0_294b.jpeg
OK, perhaps not an AA meeting but a CPA meeting. Computer Progammers Anonymous:

Brad is standing up, so I presume he wanted to go first. This is good because it helps to discuss the problems in his past. He had it all. He made awesome money but he let it spoil him. He changed and became a tyranical son of a bitch that could have cared less about people. He lost his ways as programmer, a developer and a leader. He hit rock bottom but over the years since he began to see the light. He realized that maybe he could start all over.

Alas he fell off the wagon. He started by lying to people and saying that people he led had been working hard on the new project for 6 months. He then helped to develop one of the worse Kick Starters ever created. Now he wants people to pay him with nothing to show for it.

Man Brad, I hope you can recover. You lost your way again. Perhaps you could use the buddy system, though I am not sure if there are others who have crashed as hard as you have, twice. Don't give in and take peoples money for nothing. Man up, and do some work. That leads to recovery.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
BUT, we probably don't want super smart NPCs. We did this early on in EQ. The first logical thing an NPC would do is kill the healers. We had them do that for a while. Didn't turn out to be fun, although it was 'realistic'.
Funny how this is EQN's idea. Obviously its been tried and failed yet Sony thinks it will work this time. Yea, like New Coke right.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funny how this is EQN's idea. Obviously its been tried and failed yet Sony thinks it will work this time. Yea, like New Coke right.
There's quite a bit more to how Storybricks works than that - and if you read some of the talks they're quite aware most mobs will probably need to have their "heal hatred" with a lower modifier to be an enjoyable experience.

PS - Since you've got a ponytail are you Smokejumper and you're just shitting on your own product to really blow people out of the water down the line? I think you might...

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
$15/mo sub now also gets you:

rrr_img_61762.jpg

They also just added a "Pantheon Pony" tier. If you pledge $300, you get one of these:

rrr_img_61763.png

Ok. I lied.
But why the heck not?! Why can't I get something tangible now for my donation?

I looked over the site yesterday, contemplating a donation for forum access but I got all confused about what grants what and why are there subs and pledges but then also "one time payments" under the subscription category...
it was just all very confusing... Last thing I want to do is throw money at Pantheon and STILL be locked out of the forums. I hadn't realized (because I haven't spent a ton of time there) that you see two different websites, depending on if you are logged in or not.
Just...why. I dunno. I just feel sad for Pantheon. Unless I'm drinking. Then I'm angry lol

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Everyone who donates should get a scarlet title to make others aware of the sin they committed.