Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Bruman

Golden Squire
Shit. This vid was released in feb and you nerds missed it? Have you guys checked dev status lately? Could be RTM.
Hey, the video said it'd be the first of many video updates for 2015! We thought we'd have more time! WE THOUGHT WE'D HAVE MORE TIME!!!

Guess they typo'd "of many" when they meant "and only".

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
we did come to a point a few years back where we disagreed on something pretty fundamental: He believes the MMO genre has not only changed, but the audience has changed, and that to make successful online games, the 'old' approaches are obsolete. I had to respectfully disagree. I believe the MMO gamespace has grown so tremendously that there are now a lot of people who, while they are interested in MMOs, want fundamentally different games.
I thought, according to Brad, Smed was "visibly excited" when Brad explained Pantheon to him in the famed Motz stix meeting. Guess not.

Also, another Brad tl;dr blog post.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Blog View - Does a core group of gamers really change or go away?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought, according to Brad, Smed was "visibly excited" when Brad explained Pantheon to him in the famed Motz stix meeting. Guess not.
If you recall my story, the mozzarella stickswere the reasonhe was visibly excited.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So that's the first update of any kind since June 10 on their own "News and Announcements" forum.

A blistering pace.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So that's the first update of any kind since June 10 on their own "News and Announcements" forum.

A blistering pace.
I don't think we are going to see much in content updates until they are close to their relaunch. They said they were going dark until then. I'm still happy about the hiring of Corey, so good news for me. can't say I know the other 2..

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Does relaunch mean reintroduce a game so long after it was originally introduced that they hope people will forget all the bullshit that Brad pulled the first time they tried to launch it in this case

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea what it means, we will all find out together... soon enough.

Curious to know what the expectations should be if it is a relaunch? What do we need to see?

Personally I need some class stuff, some armor sets, concepts art, in game footage, information on some of their features that might set pantheon apart from your average MMO, shit like that

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm guessing that a relaunch will show everything that has already been released put together in one place with no major developments. Be ready to be disappoint.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have no idea what it means, we will all find out together... soon enough.

Curious to know what the expectations should be if it is a relaunch? What do we need to see?

Personally I need some class stuff, some armor sets, concepts art, in game footage, information on some of their features that might set pantheon apart from your average MMO, shit like that
but that's called an update. You can't relaunch something that's never actually gotten of the ground.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

Also, another Brad tl;dr blog post.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Blog View - Does a core group of gamers really change or go away?
Pretty spot on blog article. It also makes it obvious what EQnext will be IMO. Will Pantheon deliver ? Who the fuck knows, but i agree with Brad that there is a market there that is not being "milked" atm. Just take a look at the old school CRPG's that are happening and very successful now: Shadowrun, Divinity, Pillars, Wasteland... These startup projects used kickstarter because they wouldn't have otherwise been funded... yet they sold well.

We are also getting Baldur's gate Expansion and Sword Coast Legends this year.