Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Bruman

Golden Squire
They were still SOE when Pantheon 1.0 was announced.
Yeah, but now it's Daybreak, I was just using the current naming.

Daybreak (then SOE) had rounds of layoffs too, which is where a lot of the Pantheon guys came from (Brad included). If Silius is on twitch again, what I'm asking is - is he back working for them?

Zarlore_sl

shitlord
Yeah, but now it's Daybreak, I was just using the current naming.

Daybreak (then SOE) had rounds of layoffs too, which is where a lot of the Pantheon guys came from (Brad included). If Silius is on twitch again, what I'm asking is - is he back working for them?
Yes... Salim Grant (Silius) is back with Daybreak. He has been there for a few months or more but finally was brought out from the depths to do a Livestream today.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Huh. After all the layoffs, hearing about them *hiring* back people would be noteworthy, I'd have thought.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Alternatively:
NtA67WK.jpg

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Silius was the one that discovered Brad's shenanigans with the $. Don't think he's coming back.

Still hard for me to feel bad for the guy when he basically destroyed VG with a few shitty patches.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Silius was the one that discovered Brad's shenanigans with the $. Don't think he's coming back.

Still hard for me to feel bad for the guy when he basically destroyed VG with a few shitty patches.
Yeah.. Anytime his name is mentioned, it is never positive. Not sure how he keeps landing these positions. Must be experience and/or know the SoE systems.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What's his history with VG? What bad things did he do?
I can't remember specifics anymore, but he generally made lots of bad calls, nerfs that weren't necessary, terrible design decisions, introduce and ignore bugs, etc. When people would complain on the forums, if he bothered responding it was with a condescending attitude, just an all around asshole. Everyone hated him, he was such a shitty...whatever his job was.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah, pretty much.

He was in charge of some very grindy content. And even if you didn't mind the grind, the content was shit like robot gnomes named after transformers with lasers and shit. And, even if you didn't mind the grind, and even if you didn't mind laser gnomes, when people gave pretty basic feedback and analytics about it on the forums he was an absolute piece of shit in response, taking things personally, being hyper-condescending, defensive and personally insulting. He basically was left to his own devices on Vanguard, and what he came up with was shit content, absurd, and he was an asshole about even the reasonable feedback. In short, he's not a very good game dev, and he's an arrogant asshole as well.

People say he's pretty nice and cool in person, though. So maybe I'd be his friend, but no fucking way I respect his work or him professionally.

Pops

I remember his glowing yellow bow and calling that content. He did survive the parking lot massacre, which says a lot of about the team that Rocked.