Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

So, I'm curious how many here were supporting Pantheon all along?

I pledged $150 to pantheon on their site after the kickstarter failed. That along with the monthly subscription to their developer forums got me up to around $250 before I had to cancel because I lost my job.

I'm just curious how many others were secretly supporting Pantheon as well.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I've been on the fence over donating $1 Soy Dollar for a while. I'm still not sure if I want to pull the trigger or not.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So, I'm curious how many here were supporting Pantheon all along?

I pledged $150 to pantheon on their site after the kickstarter failed. That along with the monthly subscription to their developer forums got me up to around $250 before I had to cancel because I lost my job.

I'm just curious how many others were secretly supporting Pantheon as well.
i never supported this game, when i first heard about it, brad had already stole the kickstarter money from the project. i dunno how he got people to stay on and work with him again, but its amazing that he was able to get even this far. if this game ever sees the light of day, i will pay to play and hopefully some of you faggots will group with me. only though if they have a shaman class.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I initially put in a kickstart throwaway $35 or whatever and then the disaster hit and I yanked it after about a week. I have no cognitive dissonance and can switch on a whim from wanting to see this succeed in some form to wanting it to be a multi-year tirefire that this thread roasts mozzmallows on. Whoever loses, this thread wins.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I put in $10k during their first kickstarter. That was fun times. I like to pretend that I was a big factor in tanking them. I am a petty human.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I did the $50 or whatever KS backing, but that was it. I think pledging on their site is too close to just setting your money on fire. I got plenty of other games to play.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can someone please TL;DR update me on the last 6+ pages.
Brad and team showed off a zone or two and combat worked for a group. Everyone is now excited that this game is the second coming.

Really impressive work for 2+ years of effort.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad and team showed off a zone or two and combat worked for a group. Everyone is now excited that this game is the second coming.

Really impressive work for 2+ years of effortfrom such a small team and minimal funds.
FTFY

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought from reading some of the posts that the stream showed something worth getting excited over. That was pure crap. I think some of you guys have lost it if there was something in that stream that made you want to play that pile of garbage.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Oh, so when I was watching it...these things are usually really scripted and everyone knows everything that's going on. It honestly sounded like, at times, these guys really didn't know some things. Like that the fuzzy troll idol would drop, or how to get past the environmental pillar of hurt, or getting surprised by patrols, etc. It seemed like they new the general direction they wanted to go, but beyond that, it was new to them.

Did someone else throw together the way they should go or something at the end, or were they just doing a half-decent job faking it (I didn't watch it all, just skipped around and watched segments that looked interesting)?

delirium_sl

shitlord
Oh, so when I was watching it...these things are usually really scripted and everyone knows everything that's going on. It honestly sounded like, at times, these guys really didn't know some things. Like that the fuzzy troll idol would drop, or how to get past the environmental pillar of hurt, or getting surprised by patrols, etc. It seemed like they new the general direction they wanted to go, but beyond that, it was new to them.

Did someone else throw together the way they should go or something at the end, or were they just doing a half-decent job faking it (I didn't watch it all, just skipped around and watched segments that looked interesting)?
I felt is was a combination of things. Obviously, they determined before hand what exactly they were going to show. I think in some ways things were scripted, some things they just aren't sure what to do with some mechanics yet (IE: the killer atmosphere they died trying to get through.) Some was total surprise to them (IE: the train and wipe at the end of the video.)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love the art-style of the game so far. I never was all that on-board for EQN because it looked like a stupid Disney cartoon.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe this works for people who are painstakingly watch this game 'evolve' into something now with a playable few mins. But to most people who are just peeking in every so often, it looks as terrible as always. Go check out project gorgon if you want to play something brad is aiming for but will never achieve

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's why I am skeptical. Imagine 100 players in the same area within a zone, casting spells etc. How well can Unity engine handle it? I personally have zero tolerance on lag spikes on 2016.
Unity is really powerful. Would you be saying the same if it was built on say Unreal? Because they're pretty comparable.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm back in.

tumblr_maw0to8ER21qmurn4o1_500.gif