Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, wasnt "creep" used in some fashion along the way? Or was it some other term some retarded fail MMORPG called them?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Creeps predates Pantheon. I can't remember what game I first heard using it, though. Maybe it was some non NA community in EQ or EQ2.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Creeps originated in Warcraft 3. Which is why a lot of WoW players knew their "mobs" as "creeps".

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Creeps was definitely a WoW introduction to the genre. Huge arguments over Mob VS Creep in trade/barrens chat back then :D

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Haha I used to get so pissed off at this in the EQ days for some reason. "Buying sow. 10pp. PST". What the fuck did that mean? "Please send tell". Well no shit Sherlock how else do you think they would take you up on your offer you damn moron. Now it's common place.

Mob should always be mob and nothing else and if anyone tries to change it, we destroy all their computer hardware and cut their internet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
The only jargon that annoys me is that in most modern mmos people say, "DD LFG!!!1!!" So they call mage/rogue types a Damage Dealer now rather than a DPS. It bugs me because DD is already used for Direct Damage. Creeps comes from Warcraft 3, and it is now the common name for stuff in MOBAs and Tower Defense games.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
creeps are moba mobs are MMO

this is common knowledge

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've actually never in my life heard someone say creeps in mmos, always wc3 though.

maybe we can call them M'ob's

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
It's crazy to see them doing so much with the funding they have, considering Vanguard had like 30 million. Even with all the pledges they're probably not even close to those numbers.

In other news, the guild website is up. Now we just have to wait for a year.

www.FacelessGaming.org

Regret to inform you that this will take well over a year! When did the first Kickstarter come out? I'm waiting for you to boot into the game and have your PC explode with malware and virtual moz sticks. I seriously wonder if anyone who previously donated to his Kickstarter has also been bilked into donating to this. Can't wait to get the popcorn out if this ever arrives.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The only jargon that annoys me is that in most modern mmos people say, "DD LFG!!!1!!" So they call mage/rogue types a Damage Dealer now rather than a DPS. It bugs me because DD is already used for Direct Damage. Creeps comes from Warcraft 3, and it is now the common name for stuff in MOBAs and Tower Defense games.

No, people who say DD as DPS class need time be ejected forcefully from a rotary wing aircraft at sufficient altitude so as to cause instant mortality upon returning to 0 feet AGL.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Two of my RL pals dropped 1k pledges in the last two days. These guys are WoW players who are excited at the thought of competitive/non instanced PvE and open world dungeons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not to cross post but I noticed some VG crafting mentioned lately and didn't think I would ever see much of that game mentioned elsewhere but VG got name dropped in the Albion forums yesterday. The legacy lives on!

yep.. agree on everything, Albion is one of the few mmorpg where actually becoming a full time gatherer / crafter really matter. Since Vanguard SOH, i have never felt crafting as exciting and scary as Albion, i could be harvesting and at the same time i could be killed anytime, and even harvesting will make me think of a strategy instead of running around and picking up mushroom without the sense of security.

I could even never join a big battle and i still matter for my guild because everything they will wear is from the guild's gatherer sweat!

Now lets just hope the dev agreed on not having the mob drops the loot in Galahad

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Harvesting in VG make it look like your character was doing a circle jerk with an invisible dick. Man, that game had horrible animations.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wonder what percent of these people also have day jobs (this guy's a lawyer)? How many FTEs do we think they are at?

I'm thinking they sit around 25-30 atm. That's counting the top positions like Brad and Chris Rowan.

This guy was doing a ton of lore work on his free time already, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this was more of an internship for him and being part of the team at all was his "reward". I think that's pretty cool though, especially since he's said he wants to get into the gaming industry, this could provide him the first steps on that path.