Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
This game is going to be released aw yis

The bar has been set so low that just being released is a major triumph these days.

Also, I liked the stream but thought it was too short, wanted to watch for a couple more hours. I could see improvements since the last stream, so that's good. The new healing "water audio effects" sounds like a toilet flushing every time though. Or maybe a turd dropping into the bowl. Kinda funny.

The weather acclimation seems tedious to me. I don't like collecting resist gear AT ALL. One of my pet peeves, gated content based on arbitrary bullshit. Burned me out in WoW too, can't progress without "x" amount of resist, oh this new fight needs a different resist, oh and now a different resist! Fuck that.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I really like climate system, but feel like the direction they're going with itemization for it seems generic. Who knows tho, it was mostly just a demonstration. I'd hope that each piece feels unique and valuable, like any other item would.

I'd say my only real complaint so far would be respawning in the zone you died. I know it's "still up in the air", but in that video they actually went out of their way to defend the convenience of spawning in the zone you died. Disappointing.

I'd much prefer that you returned to where you are bound. Where you bind should also be limited to a nearby city or outpost, with perhaps the ability for players to bind beyond but not in dungeon. I want dungeons to feel scary, and returning to the top of the zone is anything but.

Also to note, there will be another stream on Tuesday, May 2nd at 11am pst.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Pantheon breath of the wild times cant wait

fkBCE9K.jpg

N30rvvN.jpg

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The bar has been set so low that just being released is a major triumph these days.

Also, I liked the stream but thought it was too short, wanted to watch for a couple more hours. I could see improvements since the last stream, so that's good. The new healing "water audio effects" sounds like a toilet flushing every time though. Or maybe a turd dropping into the bowl. Kinda funny.

The weather acclimation seems tedious to me. I don't like collecting resist gear AT ALL. One of my pet peeves, gated content based on arbitrary bullshit. Burned me out in WoW too, can't progress without "x" amount of resist, oh this new fight needs a different resist, oh and now a different resist! Fuck that.

Resist gesr is amazing, finding the perfect combination of stats and resists to a boss was excellent it also was a great strainer to remove garbage players who just tagged along and didn't put in effort.

Also resists in wow? Are you serious? You needed a Fire set for Vanilla up to AQ then a nature set then a shadow set I'm BC then a frost set in wotlk then they removed resists shortly after. 90% of it was crafted after Vanilla.

If something like farming motes for a day and paying someone to make you something burnt you out then I'm not sure what you will find here.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
All you graphics whores need to gtfo to Black Desert or some shit. The graphics in this game are already way better than I expected. I am mostly compared about the gameplay which looked a bit boring.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't believe this pile of shit is still going.
What was the last game this COH guy shilled and failed.. some stupid Smed game.
Old washed up Devs please just go OD on blow.

• 5Salty
Reactions: 4 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
amazingly that's what the faggots here said about Vanguard
welcome to Vanguard 2.0

• 1Salty

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Like anything, we've all moved on.

People can say that we haven't, but ask them what they're doing now compared to 20 years ago? Most of them have jobs and families compared to going to school. People can say that the game space hasn't changed, but ask them what the millenials think about grinding and cockblocks to getting gear. Hell, ask them what they think about WoW and getting gear. People will say that the two are completely different and I will tell them that they are correct but the overriding theme stays the same. Jumping online to gain a piece of virtual gear that might make your character better.

I'm not saying that the MMO space is dead, but get with the times.

Vanguard was only bad because they lost their funding so it was unfinished. Same could happen to this but what you see in the video is not a pile of shit, it is a working MMO, and you sound about 5 years old. And a Vanguard 2.0 would be awesome. Get some medication.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Game design wise, Vanguard nailed it for me at launch (before they added all the fast travel and other dumbshit). The only problem that game had for me, and it was a kinda big one, was that it was coded like shit.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well it definitely looks like an updated Everquest. Whether that's a good thing is debatable. How many people actually watched the stream? Are those numbers available?

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Well it definitely looks like an updated Everquest. Whether that's a good thing is debatable. How many people actually watched the stream? Are those numbers available?
there were 8k+ on Cohh's within the first 10 minutes, i stopped paying attention after that, but i heard it went higher.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The reality is (and has been from day one) if they are able to make this, we'll all give it a try. Brad and their team will have to be willing to accept the criticism throughout the process and deservingly so. However, they are making some decent process and we are approaching the point (probably later this year) when people will need to test and constructively criticize this game to see if they listen to their playerbase. To me, that is the most important piece left to this and will reveal their true direction. The problem with games over the years is the inevitable changes to cater to the squeaky wheels. Pantheon's greatest selling point is to be something (or close) that once existed. If they can stick to their guns and filter out the worthwhile suggestions that will benefit the life expectancy of the game, i'll be far more impressed than the game actually being released. Making this game feel like Everquest without it feeling like Everquest is going to be the most difficult part of this game. If they can somehow make it happen and not abandon ship, i'll be impressed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users