Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Is it wrong like that I like a_skeleton_02 proc class idea?

I think it's a genuinely good idea. It touches on all the cornerstones of EQ and what Pantheon wants to be.

1. It opens up the class depth without adding 100 button presses/rotations and such.
2. It is similar to spells as in you can't be everything at once and you have to prepare for encounters.
3. Originally Monks and Rogues where the best Melee DPS classes mechanically they were similar in combat, With rogues already getting CC abilities in pantheon this would give monks their "magic" ability as well.

The one thing I can't figure out right now, is hot swapping items in combat. Do we care if the monk stays DPS 90% of the fight then switches to snare gloves when it runs? I don't feel like that is fun mechanically but I hate the "locked in combat" mechanic other MMOs use... Now brad did say you can't switch your spells in combat so maybe a combat trigger is already in the game...

I got tons of ideas! Hit me up Brad.

Who wants to hear my WarWizard class the one that brad plays and I guarantee does not exist mechanically yet he is just playing a GM character.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
What can I say? It is looking good to be a reskin EQ.

I would consider backing it at this stage if they initiate kickstarter (I did NOT back their original KS)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems there is a definite "in combat" and "out of combat" distinction. Lots of abilities (certain rezzes, spell memorization) seem limited depending on if you are in combat or not...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
That stream is glorious, it's fucking EQ in 2017 lol
I love it

Honestly, this is what people expected and people wanted. An updated EQ with a new world and the same kind of core mechanics with a little seasoning to make it just a little different but not too different.

If they can release it with a boatload of content and some decent locks to prevent consuming the entire games content in a week of paid vacation then it'll be a winner.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I gotta say, it's looking good to me. I like the old slow combat; killing a mob should be more than 2 fancy moves and dead. I love the tension of being neck in neck with a mob, and being seriously worried that you might die if you miss one out of the next 5 hits.

Def. moving to my number 1 to watch. If it doesn't work out, I can still play EQ or some EMU version of it for the next 20 years.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Good stream. Although this was some dungeon. I am much more interested in the greater game world. Need muh mystery and excitement! I do want the death penalty to sting. Just a little though.

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching them wipe several times in that tower brings back some great memories of EQ. Just couldn't appreciate them as much since they were using GM powers to recover but it makes sense for the purposes of the stream.

I also appreciate that they field a lot of questions while playing and are pretty honest and straightforward in their responses.

Really looking forward to this game.

• 1Solidarity

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Fuuuuck I missed the stream. Guess I'll have to wait for upload.

I'm surprised how hyped I'm getting for this shit heh.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ok the main tank was wayyyy better than brad at taking hits. Those red guys were taking huge chunks out of Aradune even slowed.

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
I gotta say, it's looking good to me. I like the old slow combat; killing a mob should be more than 2 fancy moves and dead. I love the tension of being neck in neck with a mob, and being seriously worried that you might die if you miss one out of the next 5 hits.

Def. moving to my number 1 to watch. If it doesn't work out, I can still play EQ or some EMU version of it for the next 20 years.

I think they purposely slowed combat down(by reducing damage dealt to mobs) to prolong fights for the demo. They're level 25 and their monk was only dealing 15 damage a hit, I also could be wrong.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Some FD pulling with splitting mobs by shitty pathing. They really are making some EQ shit.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
My question about being able to give mobs/npcs weapons to use on unsuspecting players was not asked. =(

Careful, the average nitwit MMO player would call that griefing, ya know like killing guards is griefing.