Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Careful, the average nitwit MMO player would call that griefing, ya know like killing guards is griefing.

My question about mobs not leashing and being able to cause trains was asked last week. Guess you can see where I'm going with these questions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
Well they already confirmed today you cannot block raids from going through doorways. There goes my first Emp Ssra kill.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Actually I'm just here fuckin' around, I have no desire to play this game for one glaringly retarded reason...NO TROLLS.

blank-stare-ron-swanson.gif

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Any youtube links for the stream? I can't see Twitch or any other video service at work.

Actually I'm just here fuckin' around, I have no desire to play this game for one glaringly retarded reason...NO TROLLS.

View attachment 136913

I'm just messing with you. I never purposefully trained anyone in EQ but they were a mostly hilarious part of what I loved about EQ when they would occur. Unrest and Karnors had some fun ones.

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Still watching the stream, but damn that disposition system sounds kind of ingenious. I mean, it's just a great idea that adds an element of fear, uncertainty, and doubt to simple camping! I really like that a lot. Having mobs with random personalities really adds an entire other dimension to combat, with a constant need to stay focused and alert in case some crazy disposition spawns and catches you off guard. I like the randomized pathing too. Keep me on my toes!

Imagine camping in Lower Guk and getting a "coward" that spawns while you're engaged with other mobs, and just instantly runs off to get a bunch of allies to train you. That's fucking cool in my opinion. They actually figured out how to make simple exp grinding interesting and challenging.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Jesus Christ it looks just like Vanguard. I mean, I know graphics aren't everything, but holy fuck. It's not 2007 anymore.

• 2Like
  • 2Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I actually really like the zone they have shown off in that video, just reminds me.. very much of MMOs. I'll give them that.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That really looks bad to you? You watching on a low res monitor or something?

There's a big difference in having a good graphics engine and a design team that makes the most of it...

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think the tower needs higher contrast lighting, and maybe a bit of weathering.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

muiy

Molten Core Raider
I don't know anything about the game outside of Cohh's two videos. All the questions and developer comments have been focused on the leveling process. No mention of endgame raiding at all. That is totally fine with me but I'm wondering if the modern MMO player is amenable to a long leveling process.

Also there's not enough brown.

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Modern MMO player is definitely not the target audience, hah.

Looks like a reskin of EQ done in 2007, as others have stated. But with apparently much lower damage output!

Hey, if it scratches the itch of our rose-colored glasses brigade, then it is clearly doing what the most vocal supporters of the game have been clamoring for, which is a pretty big Kudos to the team in regards of keeping true to their vision. I don't think the market for that specific type of game (and visual style) is really all that large, but the developers have stated fairly moderate expectations so it looks like they will succeed on that front, given the current hype among the target audience.

Good on them. There an estimated release date yet?

EQ with lower damage is my dream game. I am gonna love reading all the whining from modern gamers before it finally dawns on them that they are in the wrong game.

• 1Salty

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the tower needs higher contrast lighting, and maybe a bit of weathering.
Agree. Feel that way about several things we've seen. Buildings too clean and bright. Need an art pass making things more gritty. Add some fungus, cracks, dirt or other things that make especially structures look less perfect, and they'd be in business on the environment art side of things. I'm sure it's their intention, but the entire world needs to look "lived in".

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Agree. Feel that way about several things we've seen. Buildings too clean and bright. Need an art pass making things more gritty. Add some fungus, cracks, dirt or other things that make especially structures look less perfect, and they'd be in business on the environment art side of things. I'm sure it's their intention, but the entire world needs to look "lived in".

I think thats due to the fact that they don't actually MAKE any of these environments. When they get another round of funding I'm sure they will start hiring more designers.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think thats due to the fact that they don't actually MAKE any of these environments. When they get another round of funding I'm sure they will start hiring more designers.
Possibly. If they can buy stuff and simply tweak it, that's probably a faster and more affordable way of doing things.

This was actually my feeling about EQ zones down the line as well. Classic EQ had a very real look and feel to it, but zones in expansions after Velious looked very generic and unrealistic. Even the outdoor areas looked auto-generated, and lacked character.

As for Pantheon, I'm sure what they have will be receiving several facelifts before launch.