Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I don't think so.. I talked to Brad the other day. He was very upbeat..
Lots of people who take their own lives are great at masking that dark urge, and putting a happy face on for the world. Its part of the coping mechanism people develop so they don't have to deal with the attention. People who want attention rather than to actual die give off signs; lots of others just do it. I don't know how close you were with him, Elidroth but in many cases survivors beat themselves up asking if they could have done anything and all of that responsibility falls on the purpose who took their own life. Regardless if this is suicide or not, it's hard to deal with the loss of a friend of any sort in any kind of circumstances. RIP Brad and my sincerest condolences to his family, his friends, his work colleagues, and those who knew him as a fan and as a gamer. I like almost everyone else am here because EQ stole about 2000 hours from me between June and November 1999, then more over the next 3 years and I would gladly reset the clock and do it all over again. Thanks for that experience Brad. Ding!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for creating an amazing world Brad. Your work brought new friends together, and gave us all a new extended families. My sincere condolences to his family and his friends.

He made his mark on this world with the time that he was given. Something we should all strive for.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
This is hitting me really hard to be honest. He had a profound effect on my teen years. I would have probably never really gotten into fantasy games or anything if it weren't for Brad.

Rest in Peace man. Thanks for everything. :(

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Everquest has been a staple in my life since 1999 - in good and bad. I appreciate what Brad has done and couldn't imagine life otherwise.

RIP

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think so.. I talked to Brad the other day. He was very upbeat..

None of the people I knew who committed suicide seemed depressed. One of the guys I knew was one of the most upbeat people at all times I’ve ever met. Not trying to speculate on Brad, just discussing suicide in general as I’ve had a couple close friends do it, and both times was shocking. Outward demeanor is not always an indication of what someone is feeling.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know Brad fucked up royal down the road, but dude will always have a special place in my heart for EQ. I know the game was heavily flawed, but at the same time there has never been a game that had me as immersed as EQ. I still remember vividly many many moments through the course of that game as if they were real life memories. From the fear I felt at stupid ass orc pawns roaming across the hills of Greater Faydark, to the 16 hour corpse run in fucking Dreadlands when we died way in the middle of nowhere days after the expansion released, all the way to my first foray into the planes. So long Brad, and thanks for all the fish dude, seriously. RIP

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The gofundme for the depression/suicide death is for the Vanguard artist that died, not Brad.
So this guy killed himself and a few days later Brad is dead as well?

Here is the VG guy's GoFundMe. Was he involved with Pantheon?

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
RIP

He's gotten a lot of grief post EQ but at the end of the day his 'vision' impacted not only players and this community, but the industry as a whole. Everquest really did catapult the MMORPG genre into popularity. It's tragic no matter the cause.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried finding the picture of his Pantheon King character on a mozza stick throne but couldnt find it :(

I did see the fuzzy troll gif lol. Good times. I hope he got some laughs out of them too

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck. This sucks. Braid helped create the most impactful game in my life. Everquest changed my relationship with games.

So sorry to see him go.

And fuck all of you shit stains who helped push him along this dark path. Fuck you all.

• 1Salty

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
3gyn7w.jpg

Joking aside, this really sucks. Dude was responsible for a generation of mmo players memories. If there is an afterlife, I hope he's finally at peace with whatever demons he was struggeling with.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I tried finding the picture of his Pantheon King character on a mozza stick throne but couldnt find it :(

I did see the fuzzy troll gif lol. Good times. I hope he got some laughs out of them too

Adebisi Adebisi has the treasure trove you’re looking for

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
None of the people I knew who committed suicide seemed depressed. One of the guys I knew was one of the most upbeat people at all times I’ve ever met. Not trying to speculate on Brad, just discussing suicide in general as I’ve had a couple close friends do it, and both times was shocking. Outward demeanor is not always an indication of what someone is feeling.

I don't bring this up often here because it's not something I really like talking about but it seems relevant. My dad killed himself last December and it came out of nowhere. None of us had any idea. He was a very family guy but he had been abusing alcohol and painkillers that he had for his back and something must have switched. But you're right, demeanor isn't something you can use to determine whether someone is suicidal or not.

In fact, I've seen and read several cases where there is a peaceful calm before the event as all concerns are going to be alleviated. They know the end is coming and they are actually relieved by that fact.

I think it's too early for any of us to assume it was suicide, but sadly we've been conditioned to know that someone dying at 51 is outside the normal, so of course there will be suspicion.

The only important reason to know how someone died, is to really try and prevent it from happening to someone else, no matter the cause.

• 10Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 13 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is no hint we know what happened to Brad, he could have slipped getting out of the shower and hit his head. thats all it takes. lets not shit this up with conspiracy theories. please.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't bring this up often here because it's not something I really like talking about but it seems relevant. My dad killed himself last December and it came out of nowhere. None of us had any idea. He was a very family guy but he had been abusing alcohol and painkillers that he had for his back and something must have switched. But you're right, demeanor isn't something you can use to determine whether someone is suicidal or not.

In fact, I've seen and read several cases where there is a peaceful calm before the event as all concerns are going to be alleviated. They know the end is coming and they are actually relieved by that fact.

I think it's too early for any of us to assume it was suicide, but sadly we've been conditioned to know that someone dying at 51 is outside the normal, so of course there will be suspicion.

The only important reason to know how someone died, is to really try and prevent it from happening to someone else, no matter the cause.

Really sorry you are having to go through this. Suicide is the toughest thing to deal with with people you love. You need anyone who has experienced death with close family to talk to feel free to HMU anytime.

Addiction and mental illness are no fucking joke, this poor man probably has demons 99.9% of people wouldn’t understand.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Since this is the actual thread about Brad's latest game, I think it's fair to ask: without Brad is there hope for Pantheon?

• 1Like