Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just listen to Nirgon Nirgon . Everything is on track and beautifully done. It's gonna be yuge.

Knew I liked you.

Most of you still suffer from the "you think you do but you don't" brain rot. Look how that turned out. Wake up. Just for a second realize there's a demand for this stuff and that people are willing to pay 6x+ the price of a new AAA release.

Can't wait to log into this game y'all think doesn't exist.

• 1Moron
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
At this point it's starting to feel like money got involved and they're making a Vanguard pivot. The game they (might) release is not going to be anything like what it was supposed to be.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Knew I liked you.

Most of you still suffer from the "you think you do but you don't" brain rot. Look how that turned out. Wake up. Just for a second realize there's a demand for this stuff and that people are willing to pay 6x+ the price of a new AAA release.

Can't wait to log into this game y'all think doesn't exist.

Genuinely curious, did you listen to their latest podcast thing? It does feel like they're changing direction some. That concern you at all? What about this emphasis on climbing?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean if nothing else at least Fuzzy troll got together with "a festering hag" and spawned the mayor of Chicago.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Genuinely curious, did you listen to their latest podcast thing? It does feel like they're changing direction some. That concern you at all? What about this emphasis on climbing?

As long as its group dependent, non instanced dungeons, has pvp, and the graphics aren't like a pixar clown movie with huge animated shoulderpads I'm in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why couldn't they have taken all this time and effort and made 4 Diablo or Baldur's Gate style single player or COOP RPGs? Making a MMOG with a small company is nearly impossible. Even if it succeeds it will be cheat-ridden in 5 minutes because not even Blizzard, Valve, Activision etc. can stop cheaters with their massive resources. The customer service for this game will be like 3 volunteers?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I like how noone in the picture seems to give a crap.

That must have been a quick one way to the hospital.
I did it when i was a kid, maybe 12 years old. Not a backflip though. Luckily landed more on my ass and just had a pretty good bruise for a while.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
wtf-is-happening-here-18-gifs-8.gif
It’s like an audition for the grudge

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Why couldn't they have taken all this time and effort and made 4 Diablo or Baldur's Gate style single player or COOP RPGs? Making a MMOG with a small company is nearly impossible. Even if it succeeds it will be cheat-ridden in 5 minutes because not even Blizzard, Valve, Activision etc. can stop cheaters with their massive resources. The customer service for this game will be like 3 volunteers?

There's going to be a million exploits in this game. Given the time it's taken them to develop stuff I expect some of them to remain unpatched for months or years.

It will be a shitfest of immortal players ghosting through walls wearing the best armour in the game that they duped.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
The one thing they potentially do have going for them is that they are partnered to some extent with Unity and Unity will supposedly be handling game security to a large degree. They talked about that at a conference the two companies did together awhile back. Not sure if that's still the plan, but haven't seen anything to suggest it has changed. That's at least better than a handful of dudes trying to keep hacks limited.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The one thing they potentially do have going for them is that they are partnered to some extent with Unity and Unity will supposedly be handling game security to a large degree. They talked about that at a conference the two companies did together awhile back. Not sure if that's still the plan, but haven't seen anything to suggest it has changed. That's at least better than a handful of dudes trying to keep hacks limited.

There is absolutely no way unity is handling their security. And since unity is having problems getting their own shit together with regard to multiplayer systems, there is no way they are handling security issues for games.

They will patch up engine issues, sure, but there are so many other systems outside of the engine that can be exploited.

Look at Riot and the measures they are taking even with using UE4. Engine companies can only do so much.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it might prevent some type of genuine hacks, but all the in game systems created by Pantheon are for sure up for grabs. Unity isn't going to prevent them from forgetting to disallow no drop loot to be transferred in stationary tradeskill containers, or something like that.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Inside info saying beta will be live in next 3 months

• 1Repost
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users