Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zaide

TLP Idealist
good stream. I was glad to see more functionality than I expected, but I really don't like the models.
Ogres looked straight outta Luclin, Halfling looked like small humans or woodelves or something. Gnome was meh too.

framerate was really rough, especially with your settings at minimum.

I was disappointed that you did not answer my request during your lore deep dive...
"Tell us of Nirgon the True Believer"

are you officially affiliated with the VR team?
Glad you liked it! I sucked at watching the chat last night, sorry about that. Yeah the lag/frame drops were 90% Twitch until near the end when that one rock/city culling issue caused a frame rate drop.

I am not affiliated with VR, just an EQ guild leader who occasionally streams.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Good stream Zaide. Hope they get the funding to get to this to launch. Game is legit. Don't care how long it takes them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
86bbaf36a381171432a0237ac6edb55c7cfb9e027fd278f25bbc4cfb64217551.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Acccording to the lore. There are 63 zones in the release design documents. 9 races with 3 additional races in the future, 3 continents, 6 sanctums, and a small chain of islands for adventure. they better get on the ball, fellows. 3 races per continent.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Acccording to the lore. There are 63 zones in the release design documents. 9 races with 3 additional races in the future, 3 continents, 6 sanctums, and a small chain of islands for adventure. they better get on the ball, fellows. 3 races per continent.

You're playing with fire violating copyright like this

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Nirgon Nirgon you gonna sit there and let Sox talk to you like this?

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good stream Zaide. Hope they get the funding to get to this to launch. Game is legit. Don't care how long it takes them.

And all the funding they have had over the years went where? iirc multiple times they have said they got 6 figures and even 7 figure or an angel investor and the money seemingly poofs into a black hole.

Not sure how you can call it legit, when we have seen barely anything over the last what 8 years(when they first said they got an investor and it went into pre-alpha and its been in pre-alpha ever since). Or is all that basically gone, wiped from record. And the only thing that counts now is from 2021 onward where they have gotten ~$5million from investors + crowd funding(people paying for packages).

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
From what i understand, they are disburse funding every stage of completion. Alpha would be the next phase they would receive more funds. This is why the to do list is so important to the development of the game. It hurts that Tehom left the project because you notice they are stalling for time in developing the other classes. 6/13 classes done with the harder classes to do with pet pathing and unity left. Lol. Thats why they are doing these class rehashes over and over. I bet they start updating the previous zones like Black Rose Keep soon. Class Balance and bugs will kill a game faster than white on rice. The fact Zaide found a simple bug with sneak doesn't look too good to me about the other parts yet to be discovered. It was actually funny that he said to not tell the developers he found the bug while they were listening on stream. it makes me wonder if it wasnt planned. Zaide I got to wonder about something. Did you read my rant about the dragon being a lie on the previous streams. VR in the past has coached streamers to not to go in certain areas for various reason while they were on stream and then the next stream all of a sudden, the streamer is told to to now go into the area like it was there all along. They did with COE. It was actually a really big wyvern and not a dragon for the record. I guess the unity store was out of dragons that week and all they had were wyverns. Only a true dice roller would know the difference. You know Cobalt scar is full of Dragons. Lol. In the previous streams there does not seem to be a lot of mobs visible in these PA sessions. You guys notice that?

Last edited:

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Zaide I heard a story one time that you had Holly Longdale crashed the zone that Amtrak was about to get a server first in on Selos. The cameo shit with Amtrak was some funny shit. Holly was a member of your guild. Is this true? I can't stand Holly. Everyone know Jenn Chan is the hero that saved EQ. Holly tried to take much credit for her staff members. I just realized something when Holly left in 2009 to go to work for Disney on the pirates MMO Brad came back to work for SOE and left as she was returning to the company. Brenlo didn't care for Holly either. He had to file for bankruptcy because corporate fired him for a manager dating an employee while on the clock. Alex you aren't alone so don't feel bad.

Last edited:

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
And all the funding they have had over the years went where? iirc multiple times they have said they got 6 figures and even 7 figure or an angel investor and the money seemingly poofs into a black hole.

Not sure how you can call it legit, when we have seen barely anything over the last what 8 years(when they first said they got an investor and it went into pre-alpha and its been in pre-alpha ever since). Or is all that basically gone, wiped from record. And the only thing that counts now is from 2021 onward where they have gotten ~$5million from investors + crowd funding(people paying for packages).

I understand and get everything you just said. There's plenty of reasons to be critical based on the developmental history of this game, and I have been in this very thread. And we know it was absolutely dead at one point when that Christian lady had it and then moved on. Joppa picked it up off the scrap heap and made it into whatever it is today with almost none of the original guys that borked the initial funding. For me, it's a new game. Might as well even have a new name. They had to scrap all the code and remake the thing like 3-4 years ago. The current game, for the first time, looks legitimate. It looks more Vanguard than EQ, but as Zaide said, it's its own unique thing with all the climbing and stuff. There continues to be no MMORPG that I am interested in playing. There wasn't when this thing first started, and there still isn't now. So, if they can actually make something fun that feels a bit like the older school MMOs, they can take as long as they want to get it right. We'll see how M&M develops, hoping that one is good too. But, there isn't exactly a lot of competition on the horizon.

But that stream Zaide just did. That looked better, played better, and seemed pretty dynamic and fun for a pre-alpha, at least more than I think most of us here expected. So, we'll see. Plenty of time for it to sink or burn. And if it does, it does. I'm just saying that stream looked promising. Maybe these guys aren't all incompetent asshats afterall. That being said, I still think the odds are stacked really high against them to get this game to launch. The odds of any MMO making it to launch are pretty tiny. They are going to need that funding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
From what i understand, they are disburse funding every stage of completion. Alpha would be the next phase they would receive more funds. This is why the to do list is so important to the development of the game. It hurts that Tehom left the project because you notice they are stalling for time in developing the other classes. 6/13 classes done with the harder classes to do with pet pathing and unity left. Lol. Thats why they are doing these class rehashes over and over. I bet they start updating the previous zones like Black Rose Keep soon. Class Balance and bugs will kill a game faster than white on rice. The fact Zaide found a simple bug with sneak doesn't look too good to me about the other parts yet to be discovered. It was actually funny that he said to not tell the developers he found the bug while they were listening on stream. it makes me wonder if it wasnt planned. Zaide I got to wonder about something. Did you read my rant about the dragon being a lie on the previous streams. VR in the past has coached streamers to not to go in certain areas for various reason while they were on stream and then the next stream all of a sudden, the streamer is told to to now go into the area like it was there all along. They did with COE. It was actually a really big wyvern and not a dragon for the record. I guess the unity store was out of dragons that week and all they had were wyverns. Only a true dice roller would know the difference. You know Cobalt scar is full of Dragons. Lol. In the previous streams there does not seem to be a lot of mobs visible in these PA sessions. You guys notice that?

This is the type of retarded and incoherent rambling that would make for a great podcast.

Or a shark telling knock knock jokes, either way I guess

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Funding fell apart when Jason Epstein pulls his money out when Brad had gotten a tip about this Columbus Nova bullshit that was about to hit the fan. i understand that Brad didn't have insurance and needed advances on his salary to help pay his family medical bills. Alot of people were bitter that they choose to work for free and Brad was the only one getting paid. Epstein was told no and decided to invest in adandD and Lord of the rings instead of Pantheon. I know this to be a fact.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
5 million aint jack shit as far as investment in MMO for development. Shariff has already invested 100 mil so far in AOC. He has private investors from Vegas bankrolling the project. i heard the 2.4 mil they supposedly were going to get fell through.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Funding fell apart when Jason Epstein pulls his money out when Brad had gotten a tip about this Columbus Nova bullshit that was about to hit the fan. i understand that Brad didn't have insurance and needed advances on his salary to help pay his family medical bills. Alot of people were bitter that they choose to work for free and Brad was the only one getting paid. Epstein was told no and decided to invest in adandD and Lord of the rings instead of Pantheon. I know this to be a fact.
podcast or gtfo

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why couldn't you just spew that out into a podcast idk

Would be double lols if we could rope Minus into an interview with him :D