MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Fall Trip GIF by Big Brother

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure there was persistence even in PA1 during like 2017-2018. Both in session and between sessions.
I'm not sure why anyone would question whether a MMORPG in Alpha testing wouldn't have persistence. It's just data being saved and reloaded. It's pretty basic to the fundamentals of any MMORPG. Why someone ever made this a thing to hang their hat on as to make fun of Pantheon is beyond me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure why anyone would question whether a MMORPG in Alpha testing wouldn't have persistence. It's just data being saved and reloaded. It's pretty basic to the fundamentals of any MMORPG. Why someone ever made this a thing to hang their hat on as to make fun of Pantheon is beyond me.
Have you seen the VR team?

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

I kinda want to quote Zaide Zaide from that last stream:

"I think it's ready for Alpha"

but that doesn't mean it's in Alpha

Nirgon Nirgon is it in Alpha now, officially?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Nirgon Nirgon I gotta be honest with you for a minute.

I'm just another FOH shitposter. Random_shitposter_clothcap_003 And I'm going to keep making fun of you, of Pantheon, Convo Convo etc.

Fallen gifs can't stop, WONT STOP!

But I'm also honest to a fault, so I gotta admit that what I saw on Zaide Zaide 's stream was...better than I had expected. It did look pretty playable for what I'm assuming is, actually, pre-Alpha.

I hadn't watched any of the previous streams largely because 1) all the negative reactions I'd see before I could even THINK about watching that stream, and 2) there were a few that I clicked on and immediately had to end because of how fucking cringe they were. The streams with developers talking about their thoughts on social justice or what they liked inside of their fucking burritos while also talking about the fucking LORE for the millionth time is just not what I remotely have interest in. I hope they understand that they probably hurt their efforts more than they helped with some of those streams.

I hated the early streams with Brad in them. I was always like "Oh fuck off, you nostalgia peddler". Or at least, I want to say I remember seeing him in a group with his Aradune character. But a group of randos getting wiped trying to do what appears to be actual content? Without Daddy VR trying to hold their hands? (ignoring the ports)

Well, that I might watch.

IMHO they need to cut Zaide a check. Or better yet, work out a schedule with him and see if they can run a somewhat regularly scheduled Pantheon stream. Because my guess is that would go over a hundred times better than trying to listen to Devs ramble on about dumb shit ad nauseam

OK, that's enough of that, back to trollings.

...you fucking carebear PvE server n00b

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rallos was carebear. Glad you agree. Tallon and vallon had the real pvp while those pussies had anti pk codes and bullshit keeping any danger at bay (and sullon was too one sided). Nirgon needs pantheon to have pvp so he can finally enjoy what he missed after playing on a server like rz with less danger than half the blue ones.

For serious though. I do 100% agree on the streams. The devs really don't sell it and their blithering nonsense only fuels the idea that there's nothing there. Zaide streamed actual gameplay with what seemed a desire to do more and stuff like hey I hope we have time for a named or hey if a devs in chat can we bum ports to see even more. That's the attitude you need when talking about a game. Leave talking about having breakfast to the michael brown thread.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
zaide should 1000% be getting paid
I think he did more for them in an evening than they've done for themselves in years, as far as showing something fun to the players.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lmao the item loot server was carebear.... these takes

my sides

Rallos had so much politics and bullshit that it was more blue than some actual blue. You wanna tell me high levels could just go out and pvp? Bullshit. Anti-pkers and factions and nonsense would end that, and end them for daring to pk. How dare they!

Sullon was definitely wimpy after the initial rush. When one team has a total advantage and neither of the others is even touching anything, yeah, that's not a dangerous pvp server for the vast vast majority who are now evil. It would be like playing on a wow pvp server with a 90+% faction majority after a while - that's hardly even a pvp server anymore. Hopefully the wow analogy helps since you loved that game so much.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Zaide I heard a story one time that you had Holly Longdale crashed the zone that Amtrak was about to get a server first in on Selos. The cameo shit with Amtrak was some funny shit. Holly was a member of your guild. Is this true? I can't stand Holly. Everyone know Jenn Chan is the hero that saved EQ. Holly tried to take much credit for her staff members. I just realized something when Holly left in 2009 to go to work for Disney on the pirates MMO Brad came back to work for SOE and left as she was returning to the company. Brenlo didn't care for Holly either. He had to file for bankruptcy because corporate fired him for a manager dating an employee while on the clock. Alex you aren't alone so don't feel bad.
I hardly ever come into the MMORPG forum, let alone the Pantheon thread. Decided to pop in today and this is what I'm greeted with.

If Jasker Jasker and Lanx Lanx had a baby, it would be Mr. Sox Mr. Sox

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
oh Dickie you gonna weasel now when oakwynd launched and join my guild.
Oh, okay. So when you said you were not making a guild and then did not mention anything up until this moment I should have realized that you were actually making a guild the entire time.