Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Well, still waiting for that PC gamer article.

Second 'deadline' they have communicated to their fans, and have missed, so far. First was the KS campaign itself (said November) and now this article. Even if the article isn't their responsibility, clearly there was a communication breakdown somewhere between PC Gamer, Visionary Realms, and the backers.

Deeply considering dropping down to a lower pledge tier at this point.
I'll be honest. I'm still miffed we had to tell them that they can't launch the (shitty) Kickstarter page , then go into media blackout for 24 hours after. The fact we had to tell them to go register on every forum out there , list them , and then tell them again , still worries me. This isn't advanced MBA stuff. It's fucking common sense.

My one thing keeping my pledge in is Brad has made the two games closest to the type I like. I'm staying atm despite the KS shitfest for that. That's a compliment for Brad on the gameplay and design side.

The KS fubar though is starting to wear on me.

Soonami_sl

shitlord
I guess I should really have been bitching at all. I'm down for it taking forever to get to max level, and I know I won't be the one with all the fancy gear. I should be bitching at my buddy because I know he is the one that is going to leave me in the dust.
(Hi Burk)
smile.png

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'll be honest. I'm still miffed we had to tell them that they can't launch the (shitty) Kickstarter page , then go into media blackout for 24 hours after. The fact we had to tell them to go register on every forum out there , list them , and then tell them again , still worries me. This isn't advanced MBA stuff. It's fucking common sense.

My one thing keeping my pledge in is Brad has made the two games closest to the type I like. I'm staying atm despite the KS shitfest for that. That's a compliment for Brad on the gameplay and design side.

The KS fubar though is starting to wear on me.
To me some of those things you mentioned makes this project more exciting. (Although not very efficient)
It seems to create a "Us vs Them" attitude that can possibly help.

To me it's clear there are 5-10 guys (Probably working full time in other jobs atm)..wanting to make this game, they have some ideas and artwork..but not really the details as of yet. (Hence the different people on different days and many updates in the afternoon)
If you look at whats happened, things seem to back up that theory, even though they wont come out and say that.

I could be wrong.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this has more to with pcgamer than VR. brad didn't oversleep and miss an interview that was scheduled to be conducted on the same day said article was to be published.

blame PC gamer, its editor, or the article's author in this instance. trust me, there will be an abundance of missed deadlines and broken promises in the future that we WILL be able to attribute to VR.

I bet brad lost his shit when it didn't get published, with good reason, too
I agree.. This kind of thing has happen before. It's always on the magazine end. Brad did the interview, they sucked at putting it out on time.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Oh agree Flex , I listened a bit to the one last night from Capt America. Decent stuff.

Just ranting a bit this morning at the low number of backers a week in. Hoping the stumble out of the gates on the KS didn't damage it too much. Every single day counts.

To me some of those things you mentioned makes this project more exciting. (Although not very efficient)
It seems to create a "Us vs Them" attitude that can possibly help.

To me it's clear there are 5-10 guys (Probably working full time in other jobs atm)..wanting to make this game, they have some ideas and artwork..but not really the details as of yet. (Hence the different people on different days and many updates in the afternoon)
If you look at whats happened, things seem to back up that theory, even though they wont come out and say that.

I could be wrong.
I'm somewhat with you. Just I think my main beef was/is even working pro-bono , other full time jobs and so on , it should have been a 24/7 forum/site blitz from them immediately after the KS went up. They should never have had to be told that was necessary.

If you want millions of dollars , have the second monitor up posting constantly somewhere while you are working , eating , and so on. Act like you want it at least with that aspect , even if you've got jack to show art and video wise , be screaming from the top of your lungs on every message board , doing impromptu Q/A's at all times.

We should never have had to push them to do that.

Ok rant over on that , sorry as know it's been a broken record.

(and I'm only ranting because I want this game so much , if it was anything else I'd be chuckling instead)

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Oh agree Flex , I listened a bit to the one last night from Capt America. Decent stuff.

Just ranting a bit this morning at the low number of backers a week in. Hoping the stumble out of the gates on the KS didn't damage it too much. Every single day counts.
it was a three day holiday weekend man. take That into account. ill write off the KS if its still limpdicking along at the 50% until deadline mark in a few weeks.

they have a lot, A LOT, of unfucking to do in the meantime to save it, but that point has been more than driven home already.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yay an update. Haven't opened the email yet... Let's hope what's inside lessens the buyers remorse I'm having this morning.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
if you need a dose of feel good, check out the two podcasts I linked a few pages back
Yea those were good! I loved the dudes story about the WOW raid and someone FD'inig and getting the shot off to kill the mob when it seemed there was no hope. I never played WOW but I did raid in EQ, I know how that feels. Sends shivers down my back remember that shit haha

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wish they (and we are guilty of this too) would stop explaining their "vision" by comparing things to either EQ or VG. For instance, in the Q&A section of the KS they explain the death penalty as:

"There will be a death penalty that is at least similar to Vanguard's, and quite possibly more intense."

That isn't an answer or explanation. I never played Vanguard, I have no idea what that means.

"We're going to make Sebilis look like a pre-school"

Again, what if people looking at this KS have no idea what Sebilis is?

I wish they would explain their design goals and philosophies in real terms rather than vague analogies and comparisons. It alienates anyone who didn't play either EQ or VG or both.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
What is a Dark Knight?

The Dark Knight is a leader highly skilled in combat who takes charge on the front line. They?re seen wearing dark plate armor and thrive in the use of two-handed great swords, long swords, shields, and axes. Though there have been cases where they have used other types of weaponry such as maces, spears or lances. The Dark Knights have the ability to blend in the shadows, manipulate them to attack their foes or even summon sentries of shadow to protect and fight for them.
This shit is so fucking weak. I want to scream STOP at the monitor.