Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Im sure he could get someone to do it or free in their spare time. There is plenty of diehards out there that want this to succeed.
Baffling thing is he stated none of them have experience here. And asked for help, afterwords he said his mail box was flooded with great tips and this thread had dozens of tips. I can understand if that created a lot of noise and so wasn't super useful, but he can see the help is there--If he'd have just asked for a few volunteers, I'm positive he'd have gotten some knowledgeable people who would have put a lot of work in for nothing more than a promise of a tester slot.

Lysis

N00b
Kinda comical a mod designer for Arma (Dean Hall) can pull off a ton of Alpha sales for DayZ SA but Brad might not even reach 300k for his project.
Facepunch built the working alpha of Rust in 4 months. Like Pantheon, it uses Unity3D. Its limited release was back in June, I believe. In Dec 2013, the alpha was released as a Steam Early Access title for $19.99 and has earned roughly $9 million in profit since then.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
One post of "hey we are considering Dark Knight the class name for Shadowknight style, thoughts? would have revealed this as a bad idea.

Of course still is the concern of why even think that is a good choice to begin with...........

Merlin_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_57470.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Baffling thing is he stated none of them have experience here. And asked for help, afterwords he said his mail box was flooded with great tips and this thread had dozens of tips. I can understand if that created a lot of noise and so wasn't super useful, but he can see the help is there--If he'd have just asked for a few volunteers, I'm positive he'd have gotten some knowledgeable people who would have put a lot of work in for nothing more than a promise of a tester slot.
I agree man. I was hoping he plucked a few people like yourself and just used them to bounce shit off.. Hell even UT would be a good person on feedback once he puts the other stuff a side. I made some suggestions privately but I think there are much smarter people on here that could make a real difference.

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
Agreed, they seriously need a small group of people to bounce stuff off before they actually do it because theyclearlyhave no idea what the expectations are. They seem to be treating this the same way you do already funded projects. Doesn't work on Kickstarter, nobody cares if you think it's awesome to tell stories.. just lay it all out and show me what you're going to do with my money.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
One post of "hey we are considering Dark Knight the class name for Shadowknight style, thoughts? would have revealed this as a bad idea.

Of course still is the concern of why even think that is a good choice to begin with...........
I'm one that is against the design-by-committee way of doing things, but testing the temperature for things like class names wouldn't hurt. Dark Knight? Is the class bonus a utility belt with extra slots?

Yes, I wish they were more active in soliciting feedback from backers prior to putting it up on the KS site. If they don't want to post it in this thread, then at least do it through email or private messaging somehow. There are a lot of smart people on the Internet who are willing to help. This thread is full of them! I wish they were making a better, proactive use of them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Facepunch built the working alpha of Rust in 4 months. Like Pantheon, it uses Unity3D. Its limited release was back in June, I believe. In Dec 2013, the alpha was released as a Steam Early Access title for $19.99 and has earned roughly $9 million in profit since then.
Yeah I read about that just yesterday. Honestly im excited for this game and DayZ. Those seem like the future of mmos, IMO. Its like living inside of The Walking Dead show.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They could set up a private forum and pick 10-20 folks to bounce shit off of. Then have those come to other sites and indirectly bounce those ideas , even mixing in bullshit if super secrecy is still needed.

We would have though the Dark Knight question was a joke. As in literally a joke.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I read about that just yesterday. Honestly im excited for this game and DayZ. Those seem like the future of mmos, IMO. Its like living inside of The Walking Dead show.
I have been playing 7 days to Die recently and that is hilarious. Especially when I went AFK to get a drink and I came back and my buddies built a shelter around me without a door and I had to shoot my way out.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They could set up a private forum and pick 10-20 folks to bounce shit off of. Then have those come to other sites and indirectly bounce those ideas , even mixing in bullshit if super secrecy is still needed.

We would have though the Dark Knight question was a joke. As in literally a joke.
It's just not good when you read something and it takes your mind to a place that isn't relevant to the game.

Soonami_sl

shitlord
Names really don't matter.. tell me someone is not going to play a game because the characters have f'd up names? C'mon..
But I'll jump on the bandwagon... I like 80's shows and I'll go with Knight Rider

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Just as I originally mentally blocked out the "SLASH" shit in the picture till it was pointed out, I blocked out how this update is presented by themselves in the title.

Massively and other sites are about to list it the same way.

"Introducing... The Dark Knight "

It's like they are trying to get ridiculed.........wait till that bold article title gets listed on other sites. The forums will go ape shit making fun of it. That does wonders for funding a Kickstarter.