Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shutup faggot.

He wasn't a pussy until the DS remake.
Whatever...boohoo I burned down a city...boohoo I'm taking off my badass helmet to let my hair fly free...boohoo palom and porom are statues.

Definition of EMO pussy

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I just pulled my pledge. It's a shame Brad didn't listen to any of the points in my long winded email I sent him. Good luck to you, but this is amateur hour.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
He was referred to the "Dark Knight" yes, but I'm speaking of the movie itself now (Which everyone is basing this off of).When 90% of people think of "Dark Knight", they are going to think of the recent movie.As it relates to game classes, my point is, Dark Knight has been around for a very long time now.
Bingo. Sort of a stupid decision to name your class that isn't it then ?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I must be the 10%. Batman honestly didn't cross my mind until I came to check these boards. I think the overall frustration level is what's causing the name thing to blow up.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't see how people are missing the point? We all know it is not earth shattering in terms of the actual game or gameplay but it bring a level of uncertainty within the team itself. I mean, come on, this was dumb. No use watering it down. It was like they didn't even try. It could be the best class in the world but we don't know that... If he had a video with a "Dark Knight" gameplay then we might overlook it but for now, the name is all we have to go on so that's what is getting judged.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I just pulled my pledge. It's a shame Brad didn't listen to any of the points in my long winded email I sent him. Good luck to you, but this is amateur hour.
I am curious about this, are you sure he listened but didn't agree? (Difference in wording there)

When you pledged earlier, I'm sure you felt it was amateur hour then no? You feel the improvement so far doesn't warrant the pledge now?

Again, why not wait and pull it last day? Still makes the same statement, doesn't it? (Not being critical..it just seems these pledge pulls atm are look at me cries)

Just trying to understand the point of view is all.

Trathos_sl

shitlord
Bingo. Sort of a stupid decision to name your class that isn't it then ?
I agree it's not the greatest name in the world, but then again, if they named it something generic, people would have complained about that too (Let's be real here). As for the movie, it will prob turn some people off the game true, but it might also bring in another crowd that didn't play those eq games because they have a class named after their "favorite hero."

Point being, smartest move in the world, no, but it's not the first time its been in a rpg game either...so I honestly don't see it being as bad and "RAISE YOUR PITCHFORKS...REBEL!!!" as some have made it out to be. Again, your entitled to your opinion, and can do whatever you like with your money.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
He was referred to the "Dark Knight" yes, but I'm speaking of the movie itself now (Which everyone is basing this off of). When 90% of people think of "Dark Knight", they are going to think of the recent movie. As it relates to game classes, my point is, Dark Knight has been around for a very long time now.
The point is not the name 'Dark Knight'. The point is they are creating a class based on the shadow knight and that's the best they came up with. Also the 'description' is pretty bad.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I must be the 10%. Batman honestly didn't cross my mind until I came to check these boards. I think the overall frustration level is what's causing the name thing to blow up.
I think the DK class reveal is shining a big old spotlight on how little thought and preparation has actually gone into both the kickstarter, and Pantheon itself.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, it really is the blockbuster movie and the half century old connection of that name to Batman. Turn around, ask the guy to your right what the first thing is that comes to his mind when you say Dark Knight. Among the target audience for this game, ie nerds, 10% is unreasonably high.

The curtain has fallen.
go celebrate it then. That was your goal all along.

I am curious about this, are you sure he listened but didn't agree? (Difference in wording there)
I feel that if he actually disagrees with us on all the things that have been complained about, he might not be making the game we want anyways.

Remember, some parts of his vision back in EQ were beyond fucked up as well.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I've got this scene from the Right Stuff stuck in my head when thinking about supporting a Kickstarter.

Do you have the scene where they keep failing miserably while launching the rockets? And about 17 rockets crash in a row?

jilena_sl

shitlord
This has been so entertaining. The amount of people that are suddenly walking into the glorious day light realizing that this will be an utter failure on this forum just makes me chuckle. It amazes me how blind faith can truly make a person gullible. I am surprised that a new religion was not started called " The Brad : The New Testament".

OMG he made the first EQ!! All bow down and throw money at this person. He IS the MMO!!!!

1 week later..... " The fuck !!! he has no vision. There is nothing there but generalizations. It was devil speak I say. He is the second coming of the anti Christ!!!

HAHAHAHA....Oh and Utnayan was right again.
I think it was more like

warm fans - OMG BRAD WE THINK YOU ARE A SWELL GUY EVEN THOUGH YOU FUCKED UP. MAKE US A NEW GAME TO LOVE YOU AGAIN.

brad - OF COURSE I WILL MAKE YOU A NEW GAME TO LOVE! EXPECT HEAR MORE SOON!

kind fans - SWEET!

brad - OKAY THE MORE IS HERE! <unfurls steaming pile of shit>

amiable fans - UHH BRAD WTF IS THAT?

brad - OH WE KNOW IT ISN'T THE BEST BUT WE'RE WORKING ON IT MORE TO COME

indifferent fans - UHH OKAY I GUESS WE'LL WAIT

brad - OKAY GUYS ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!?! <pulls back curtain to reveal ... more shit>

apprehensive fans - UHH BRAD YOU SEEM EXCITED AND ALL BUT SHIT REALLY STINKS AND WE HAVE SENSITIVE NOSES

brad - OH I'D LIKE TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING MORE BUT WE HAVE SOMETHING COMING OUT TOMORROW TO GET YOU PUMPED!!

dubious fans - OKAY I GUESS WE CAN WAIT A LITTLE LONGER

<crickets>

glaring fans - UH OKAY WHERE IS THE STUFF?!

<crickets>

<steaming pile of shit appears on kickstarter page>

scowling fans - OKAY FUCK YOU BRAD YOU ARE JUST TROLLIN NOW WE'RE TAKING OUR MONEY AND GOING HOME

or something like that

AmberT._sl

shitlord
There is no way this thing gets funded now. It can't reach $180k, how will it get to 800? I'm trying to think of something they could possibly tell me that would get me excited enough to believe, but I can't. Can someone help? Tell me something Brad could say that would make you suddenly want to pledge $500-1000.
Crap! No one responded! Does that mean there is nothing that Brad can say to make people want to fork over five hundred extra bucks!?!?

Quaid

Trump's Staff

When you pledged earlier, I'm sure you felt it was amateur hour then no? You feel the improvement so far doesn't warrant the pledge now?

Again, why not wait and pull it last day? Still makes the same statement, doesn't it? (Not being critical..it just seems these pledge pulls atm are look at me cries)

Just trying to understand the point of view is all.
Pulling out on the last day is the most selfish and retarded strategy you could possibly pursue.

Pulling out early will at least send a message of 'I'm not happy' and give them an opportunity to fix it. It's even mor effective if you tell them in a concise way why you pulled your pledge during the funding period.