Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
go celebrate it then. That was your goal all along.
My goal all along would have been seeing a game come out where it would have had

1) The chance of actually succeeding.
2) Not piece mealed together without a plan, at all, to get 800k+ in funding only to see that pissed away faster than Microsoft's cash. Because... they didn't have a plan.

Tell your hero to come back to the drawing board with a producer that knows his shit, has a plan, will not agree with everything Brad says, and will increase the chance of anything shipping in a relatively fun state by about 9,000%.

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
I agree it's not the greatest name in the world, but then again, if they named it something generic, people would have complained about that too (Let's be real here). As for the movie, it will prob turn some people off the game true, but it might also bring in another crowd that didn't play those eq games because they have a class named after their "favorite hero."

Point being, smartest move in the world, no, but it's not the first time its been in a rpg game either...so I honestly don't see it being as bad and "RAISE YOUR PITCHFORKS...REBEL!!!" as some have made it out to be. Again, your entitled to your opinion, and can do whatever you like with your money.
It hasvery littleto do with the actual name. You're right, it doesn't matter what they named it but that's not because people would complain no matter what it's because people are at near the edge with the overall campaign. The Cleric update was shit too but that was a few days ago and people were gracious, gave them more time and hoped they buck up their ideas going forward. (Especially because of the re-vamp they did do on the page)

This update confirms they didn't though. The didn't recognise that the Cleric update was shit. They didn't recognise that the community felt the campaign was stagnating and for some people that's clearly enough to loudly complain about it or call it time altogether. People keep saying how there is 29 days left or whatever, that'snothing. 8 days is FAR too long to carry on with a clearly boring and unimpressive campaignespeciallyafter your established community has already told you that what you were doing isn't how to continue doing it.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The problem also is all of Kickstarter is amateur hour. I would expect Brad and Co to be able to make the site and PR campaign at least on par with all the other "amateurs".

Ever Jane has ran a better kickstarter so far in comparison.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My goal all along would have been seeing a game come out where it would have had

1) The chance of actually succeeding.
2) Not piece mealed together without a plan, at all, to get 800k+ in funding only to see that pissed away faster than Microsoft's cash. Because... they didn't have a plan.

Tell your hero to come back to the drawing board with a producer that knows his shit, has a plan, will not agree with everything Brad says, and will increase the chance of anything shipping in a relatively fun state by about 9,000%.

yet you didn't write a single post in the entire thread that would prove this.

Trathos_sl

shitlord
I'm personally still trying to figure out why people pull their pledge early. I mean that's their right and everything if they want....but it's not like kickstarter takes your money when you pledge right away anyway. The kickstarter still has a month left to bring out more info, if you don't like what's been presented in that amount of time, pull your pledge then (well before the 24 hours or your locked in if it would drop it below the goal I believe). If it doesn't get enough funding, it still doesn't take your money anyway. Just curious.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm personally still trying to figure out why people pull their pledge early. I mean that's their right and everything if they want....but it's not like kickstarter takes your money when you pledge right away anyway. The kickstarter still has a month left to bring out more info, if you don't like what's been presented in that amount of time, pull your pledge then (well before the 24 hours or your locked if it would drop it below the goal I believe). If it doesn't get enough funding, it still doesn't take your money anyway. Just curious.
Someone said earlier, it shows you don't like what they're revealing, shows them they need to step it up to get the money back.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
No, I want Pantheon bad. Too bad, probably. When Brad first started tweeting vague references to an old school MMO I was ready to pounce on it the first time he actually confirmed he was making something (and this thread was born). Any respect my wife has left for me she's going to lose if Pantheon doesn't happen because I'll go emo for a month.

I'm frustrated with the Kickstarter pitch because there are so many oversights, they've had to correct so much and it's still not being handled right, which means the whole project is being put in jeopardy. I love Kickstarter because magic can happen. Everyone points out all the shady stuff thatcouldgo wrong but without it, I wouldn't be playing through Broken Age right now and something like Pantheon wouldn't have a chance of happening.

However, before any team attempts it: Do. Your. Research. Compare your rough draft to a successful campaign. All this "we've got multiple classes to reveal over the coming weeks" simply means they're losing money they may not get back. Every Kickstarter view should be assumed to be a one and done. Right now if you go to the Pantheon page and hit the stretch goals section you can find a list of stuff this game won't have, including races and classes. What about the races and classes it does have? Oh, they're not saying? No pledge. Who knows if they'll come back, and who knows how much content will have been dripped out by then.

If you accept that you have a limited audience and are seeking crowd funding, when you make your big debut you should make as much noise as humanly possible. "We don't have rangers, but we do have warriors, clerics, shadowknights, rogues, wizards, shamans." I should have had the word EverQuest ringing in my ears and the Q&A videos should have all been released.

Sorry for the rant. I fucking want this game bad enough to help run a fan site which is something I never really intended to do because it's not in my nature. I can take or leave this genre on damn near any day of the week, but when you start saying things like "we want to bring back the EQ magic," I get all obsessed. I'm incredibly optimistic about Pantheon, just not its Kickstarter.
Pretty much my situation as well. And then add to that alot of new posters that throw you into the same pot as Itzena for a critical post, sorta odd.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm personally still trying to figure out why people pull their pledge early. I mean that's their right and everything if they want....but it's not like kickstarter takes your money when you pledge right away anyway. The kickstarter still has a month left to bring out more info, if you don't like what's been presented in that amount of time, pull your pledge then (well before the 24 hours or your locked if it would drop it below the goal I believe). If it doesn't get enough funding, it still doesn't take your money anyway. Just curious.
...it's a method of feedback to improve a product we care about. They lose my business until they fix this shit. I explained how they could win back my support, and money, in the KS comments.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The problem also is all of Kickstarter is amateur hour. I would expect Brad and Co to be able to make the site and PR campaign at least on par with all the other "amateurs".

Ever Jane has ran a better kickstarter so far in comparison.
You don't know how sick it makes me to see Mark Jacobs do something better than Brad. Do you guys even remember Jacobs at the end of WAR? That dude went off the deep end a few times.

Is Scott our potential last hope? Too bad he's tied up in damage control.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Just steal the class names, descriptions from Age of Conan and play word scramble.
Class names would matter far less with a good design doc, business plan, and real milestones. Trying to market the game on 'hints' based on terribad class blurbs really is causing this project to die before it even starts.

I get the feeling Brad hasn't played an MMO he wasn't working on in the last decade, or really any fantasy game. It's tough to design and sell something that a guy apparently has no interest in playing himself. How different this is from 1998 coming from DIKU and Sojourn land.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I am curious about this, are you sure he listened but didn't agree? (Difference in wording there)

When you pledged earlier, I'm sure you felt it was amateur hour then no? You feel the improvement so far doesn't warrant the pledge now?

Again, why not wait and pull it last day? Still makes the same statement, doesn't it? (Not being critical..it just seems these pledge pulls atm are look at me cries)

Just trying to understand the point of view is all.
What?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Pulling out on the last day is the most selfish and retarded strategy you could possibly pursue.

Pulling out early will at least send a message of 'I'm not happy' and give them an opportunity to fix it. It's even mor effective if you tell them in a concise way why you pulled your pledge during the funding period.
I understand that. But I believe it's clear at this point Brad knows our point of view and either doesn't agree , or will work on changing it. (At least that's the impression I am getting)

Pulling out early (while great for girlfriend) can send the wrong message to players who don't follow this forums, and they may not pledge due to the ever changing total. (Which is more noticeable at a lower level)

If that makes sense at all?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It makes sense, but is misguided.

As of now, they don't deserve to get more pledges from other gamers. They have next to nothing to show of Pantheon, and what they have mocked up, is beyond unacceptable.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
I understand that. But I believe it's clear at this point Brad knows our point of view and either doesn't agree , or will work on changing it. (At least that's the impression I am getting)

Pulling out early (while great for girlfriend) can send the wrong message to players who don't follow this forums, and they may not pledge due to the ever changing total. (Which is more noticeable at a lower level)

If that makes sense at all?
If he doesn't agree with the 99% of people telling him that his KS is a steaming pile of shit then he doesn't deserve their money as investors. What don't you understand about that?