Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
The problem with the screenshots is that they look like they were done very recently as in yesterday. While it is good they put them out there and hopefully it will sway some backers, it shows this KS was just thrown together. I want this KS to work but to me the biggest obsticle to it working has been VR itself, not being prepared, not getting the word out, and not releasing the "plan". The very company I am backing is the same one who is undermining the whole project. That makes me an angry backer.
IIRC Vu just came on board within maybe that past 2 weeks. He was brought on specifically to build crazy dungeons. So, yes sir, you are correct...they were just done because he is new to the project.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
IIRC Vu just came on board within maybe that past 2 weeks. He was brought on specifically to build crazy dungeons. So, yes sir, you are correct...they were just done because he is new to the project.
Correct, so if you wanted to create a succesful KS and the guy whos going to be making your pretty pictures to show to the public just came on then wouldnt you hold off on the KS untill you were prepared?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1.)What's the point? You're just going to laugh them all off anyways, because none of them will compare to the "vaunted" EQ. "Hah! That piece of casual trash hardly qualifies as an MMO!".

2.)FFXIV, unless you consider Marvel: Heroes an MMO(I do, but since you're under the "EQ is the greatest game ever!" mindset, you won't). Despite what you think, I've played pretty much every MMO since UO.
Not tying to be a dick saying this.. I tried so hard to get into FFXIV.. I just couldn't. Didn't make it to level 20. I totally get why people want a game like that. It's just not for me.. It's no different in my situation where I want a game like Pantheon. Personal shit aside.. as gamers, we need more options in regards to MMOs. Brad is the only one stepping up and trying to cater to what I want as a gamer.

Correct, so if you wanted to create a succesful KS and the guy whos going to be making your pretty pictures to show to the public just came on then wouldnt you hold off on the KS untill you were prepared?
You would unless all your teammates were running out of their unemployment checks and their wives were all about to make them get a haircut and real jobs.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds great, so what has happened from September until the KS started?

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
Vu wasn't even listed on the team when the kickstarter started. He might have wanted them to start it and see how it went for the first couple of days to see if it had a chance to get funded before committing. Of course it's all speculation since none of us have the details. Either way the new screenshots, new tiers, articles and other updates seem to be helping; the project has brought in 14K so far today already has more new backers and yesterday. If they can keep doing good updates like this that are able to get more backers and higher pledges they could turn this whole thing around.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You're alright yourself! And it's ok, I get it. I have known guys to pretend to be girls too.
So your a girl pretending to be a guy or a guy pretending to be a girl... Fuck it in true FOH fashion break out the camera and put the tata's on the internet I be gentle I swear others I can't speak for.. Or better yet send me a PM Ill confirm your girl and then well start a KS to put your tata's on the net with a stretch goal of pure vag shot... Let it be known these MOFO's well pay need proof go vist revvanns thread.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Not tying to be a dick saying this.. I tried so hard to get into FFXIV.. I just couldn't. Didn't make it to level 20. I totally get why people want a game like that. It's just not for me.. It's no different in my situation where I want a game like Pantheon. Personal shit aside.. as gamers, we need more options in regards to MMOs. Brad is the only one stepping up and trying to cater to what I want as a gamer.
Quest grind was boring. Little child race was awful. FFXI was the better game, too bad it had a horrible UI.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
Quest grind was boring. Little child race was awful. FFXI was the better game, too bad it had a horrible UI.
When I played FFXI I actually bought an adapter that allowed me to use my ps2 controller for the game; game actually plays fine if you're using a controller like it was designed for. The worst thing about that game was it's "monthly subscription" model that would charge you for a full month if you signed up on say the 29th of March and only give you 2 days of access. Overall though I thought that was a pretty good game until they bumped the max level up to 99 from 75. FFIV on the other hand; yeah don't want that.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
I can't really argue against this. You have a valid point but it is clear that they don't have the money to hold off at this point. Whether you feel that is a valid reason or not, it is most likelytheirreason or they would have waited.

Sounds great, so what has happened from September until the KS started?
Dang, idk, I don't have a crystal ball. Good question though. I would assume getting their business license, forming a team, probably working on getting investors (I highly doubt Brad is going into this w/o interested parties based on the rewards he is offering for pledges), coming up with the lore, and other ideas. It's not like they came into the Kickstarter with nothing but a name. They have more information than you guys are giving them credit for.

And also, for those of you saying that they are not Kickstarting a game, they are Kickstarting a business, that is incorrect. If they were kickstarting just the business, we'd get pictures of office furniture instead of game downloads, life time subs, alpha access, etc. They have to sign a contract stating that theyhaveto fulfill all of the promised rewards or they have to give refunds. It would be a pretty dumb move to promise all of this stuff if you didn't know you could get the rest of the money. Just my opinion.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
When I played FFXI I actually bought an adapter that allowed me to use my ps2 controller for the game; game actually plays fine if you're using a controller like it was designed for. The worst thing about that game was it's "monthly subscription" model that would charge you for a full month if you signed up on say the 29th of March and only give you 2 days of access. Overall though I thought that was a pretty good game until they bumped the max level up to 99 from 75. FFIV on the other hand; yeah don't want that.
To bad Square never tried to fix the UI for PC. I'd be up for rolling on a FFXI progression server with a fixed UI if such a thing were to ever exist.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
So your a girl pretending to be a guy or a guy pretending to be a girl... Fuck it in true FOH fashion break out the camera and put the tata's on the internet I be gentle I swear others I can't speak for.. Or better yet send me a PM Ill confirm your girl and then well start a KS to put your tata's on the net with a stretch goal of pure vag shot... Let it be known these MOFO's well pay need proof go vist revvanns thread.
Do you kiss your mom with that mouth? I have nothing to prove to you.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I can't really argue against this. You have a valid point but it is clear that they don't have the money to hold off at this point. Whether you feel that is a valid reason or not, it is most likelytheirreason or they would have waited.

Dang, idk, I don't have a crystal ball. Good question though. I would assume getting their business license, forming a team, probably working on getting investors (I highly doubt Brad is going into this w/o interested parties based on the rewards he is offering for pledges), coming up with the lore, and other ideas.It's not like they came into the Kickstarter with nothing but a name.They have more information than you guys are giving them credit for.

And also, for those of you saying that they are not Kickstarting a game, they are Kickstarting a business, that is incorrect. If they were kickstarting just the business, we'd get pictures of office furniture instead of game downloads, life time subs, alpha access, etc. They have to sign a contract stating that theyhaveto fulfill all of the promised rewards or they have to give refunds. It would be a pretty dumb move to promise all of this stuff if you didn't know you could get the rest of the money. Just my opinion.
That's exactly what is seems like.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
That's exactly what is seems like.
There is information all over the place. Just not the information you want. I know plenty about this game, enough to get me interested. Hell, he had me a group focused. We know the classes...we know that the Dark Knight gets a pet...if I had a damn dime for every time I heard someone on EQ2 bitch about SK not having a damn skelly pet...but I digress. Have you read the FAQ on the Kickstarter page lately? They update the page every single day. You guys seriously seem like you just need something to bitch about. Let's hash this out. Let's talk about the info we do have. I truly don't think you guys have been reading the Kickstarter. The updates aren't just happening on the update tab.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
When I played FFXI I actually bought an adapter that allowed me to use my ps2 controller for the game; game actually plays fine if you're using a controller like it was designed for.
Even with guildies playing FF:ARR and there being hard dungeons at some point, allegedly, I couldn't get past level 15 having read zero quest text, zero tooltips, and not really even looked at most of the mobs I killed because the game was indicating I should kill them. And while it was, umm, interesting firing it up on my Nvidia Shield, to play with a controller in any room, the game was still pretty but so unengaging it was exhausting. But that novelty of a controller didn't make the game better. Even if it means I don't need to afk to drop a deuce so could be a bleeding-edge healer after I rage-quit my druid and most importantly wouldn't need downtime designed into the game, controllers in mmos don't excite me much.

Game pad and mouse in a recliner, though, sure.