Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Gender is a linguistic construct that has been hijacked by people who think it means internal or mental sex. Gender is nothing but language frame of reference, and some languages have numerous genders. Seehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_(language)

I get that some folks feel that they are different and all that, and to each their own. But nature doesn't give a shit about "heteronormative" or whatever the fuck that made up academic bullshit is.
Because words never change or acquire new meanings. Good thing we're all still talking like they did in the 1600s, right? Is it the problem that they coopted gender to describe it? If they said they were a female blargleboo, would that be better? People are going to find or make words that describe deeply important things to them, duh. Human thought IS a part of nature, you know (and sex as a word still exists for the purely biological, which is what I assume you're talking about when you say nature doesn't care). It's a real thing that people feel that way, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, whether you like the word they use to describe it or not.

Sentien_sl

shitlord
Damn, any backstory on how that happened?
Based off of what I see from their updates in the last week of the KS, they made the game PC/Mac instead of just iOS and then just asked their backers to hype the game up on social media. They did a lot of cross promotion with other kickstarters, which probably net them extra backers. (Which a ton of people in this thread have recommended Brad and crew do.)

There was also this: "David Hayter and Jennifer Hale Join The Cast of R?publique!" which coincides with the 5/03 bump in pledges

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they, though? I feel like they made 15.5K not revealing a shitty tiny dungeon and a stupid name for an assumed class, more than making that from revealing lore.

Edit: If anything, I think that outside screenshot had a more positive impact.
I won't disagree with the screen. That helped a lot.. Prob more than the PC gamer article

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Based off of what I see from their updates in the last week of the KS, they made the game PC/Mac instead of just iOS and then just asked their backers to hype the game up on social media. They did a lot of cross promotion with other kickstarters, which probably net them extra backers. (Which a ton of people in this thread have recommended Brad and crew do.)

There was also this: "David Hayter and Jennifer Hale Join The Cast of R?publique!" which coincides with the 5/03 bump in pledges
Ah, interesting.

I think I have a solution for Pantheon: make a Veronica Mars tie-in expansion promised for the future. Problem solved, Brad.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
What's the story there Gogo ? They do anything in particular to change the impression of it there on the last half ?
I'd have to look back into it. They had some major screw ups at launch, the first of which was trying to prove a point by making it iOS only and saying people would totally support a project of that size on the platform. Wrong. It's Kickstarter, PC always comes first.

Camouflaj has a lot of friends in the media, too, so there was plenty of shady coverage and people were screaming about it on Twitter but that really didn't do too much -- I thought it was dead in the water. They had a decent presence on GAF which is what I recommended to Brad and co. earlier in the thread but nobody hit me up to point them in the right direction. It's great to reach out to all the small communities that support you (except for PJP), but ultimately the audience at these tiny little sites aren't going to make the campaign surge into glory.

The Pantheon thread on GAF died hard and fast. Meanwhile, theLa Mulana 2 Kickstarter threadon GAF is 7-pages in and the game is more than halfway funded because it's got a shitload of information, awesome visual aids and a ton of great reward offerings so people are buzzing about it.

Get. More. Info. Out. There. Teasing doesn't work so cut that shit out and tell us what your game has. Give us concept art and quit hanging on to the idea that you're giving us tons of early information when compared to normal game development because you're not. Speak less about hypothetical game design (PC Gamer) and more about concrete ideas like combat systems.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
The game/concept sound cool but at 30 yrs old I have this terrible feeling that when this thing is finally done (3 years or so), I will have most likely witnessed the birth of my first child and my life will basically be over. Plus, the better the game is, the more tempting it would be to play, and the worst theoretical Dad I'd probably be.

That said, there's always a chance that the drugs I have done have rendered me infertile and I will regret not investing the forty five dollars. tough call
Your baby can hold your camp while you use the bathroom, drink beer and make whoopee with your spouse.

Irongut_sl

shitlord
Because words never change or acquire new meanings. Good thing we're all still talking like they did in the 1600s, right? Is it the problem that they coopted gender to describe it? If they said they were a female blargleboo, would that be better? People are going to find or make words that describe deeply important things to them, duh. Human thought IS a part of nature, you know (and sex as a word still exists for the purely biological, which is what I assume you're talking about when you say nature doesn't care). It's a real thing that people feel that way, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, whether you like the word they use to describe it or not.
I wish we were still talking like we did back in the 1600's... it'd make the butt hurt in this thread sound downright Shakespeare-ian
45136479.jpg

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Gender is anything but a "precise and accurate" word.

/rerail

@etchazz they need to do a full reveal of what they've got and where they're going - I backed down my pledge level - nothing screams "buy a lifetime sub that you're unlikely to use."
wait! this coming from the guy who was trying to crucify me last week for not pledging at all? et tu, brute?
smile.png

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I do get it guys! I want to just scream at Brad and say let me take over your PR and I'm just some computer geek. They post info all over the place and don't always post it to the Kickstarter. They have this awesome venue (the Kickstarter page) and they are not using it to it's full potential. As far as not updating people on changes to the page, I think they have said stuff about updating the FAQ and reorganizing the page. I am sorry if you missed it. Here is some info from an interview today:

1. There will be factions that are allied and at war and it will directly affect the PCs.
2. There will be Easter eggs and references to older games.
3. There will be different languages in the game.
4. One's relationship to your pantheon will be important, even for NPCs.
5. Some races do not believe in any pantheon (not necessarily PC races, but maybe).
6. The dev team is keen to listen to and to include ideas from the backers/fanbase.
7. If they have the resources, they want to implement the old GM event type things.

Tony Garcia Discussing Lore on KTAM Radio

Go submit you questions here:

Submit Questions for Brad s MMOBuff.tv Interview

You can't expect Brad and team to stalk this board and answer all of your questions here. It's proof enough that he cannot reach his entire audience here since I didn't know about this site until September and even then, someone pointed it out to me. You guys bitched about him getting out there and talking to people and he has...he is doing interviews. You have opportunities to ask your questions for these interviews, have you? Likely not because I am having to give you guys info that you should already know. I like posting here but I am looking for information else where too.
I don't think anyone expects Brad to come here.

It would be for their own benefit if they had a consolidated place to find details about what they plan for the game, though. I dunno, maybe even that Kickstarter page they happen to have! Novel idea, I know.

Or they could set up a website and forums to use as their primary place for official Pantheon news. Either way, it's better than shotgunning out tidbits to various outlets that will probably be seen by only a few hundred or thousands people.

Kaljin

N00b
10 to 1 odds that all of the Jan 2014 posters in this thread are in some way affiliated with Brads crew of lackeys. Any takers?
No thanks, you would win easy! Don't let the new mangina get your feathers in a twist -- you should know better by now, most of us have already caught on that we have a Millie v2.0 on our hands but let him just prance around.

I 2nd the motion on adding the "Meg" avatar to the attention seeker.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
No thanks, you would win easy! Don't let the new mangina get your feathers in a twist -- you should know better by now, most of us have already caught on that we have a Millie v2.0 on our hands but let him just prance around.

I 2nd the motion on adding the "Meg" avatar to the attention seeker.
Now, I know I said I wouldn't post in this thread anymore, and this isn't about the game - it's instead about Zoeiii. I think that if in fact, she is a she, her behavior is more in line with "I'm used to having lonely nerds fall all over themselves to lap up my girl talk, and when it doesn't happen, I get self righteous and butthurt". Carry on!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Now, I know I said I wouldn't post in this thread anymore, and this isn't about the game - it's instead about Zoeiii. I think that if in fact, she is a she, her behavior is more in line with "I'm used to having lonely nerds fall all over themselves to lap up my girl talk, and when it doesn't happen, I get self righteous and butthurt". Carry on!
We were all just waiting for you to post again. You're not surprising anyone. But posting to make a statement not about the game... why, thank you for your contribution! And to state what we're all thinking, because it was so obvious nobody felt they had to post it! WELL PLAYED, Ma'am.

Kaljin

N00b
rrr_img_57666.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah! I think she's gone guys. Funny to see a woman trying to reason with men tho. She meant well!

Soonami_sl

shitlord
The game/concept sound cool but at 30 yrs old I have this terrible feeling that when this thing is finally done (3 years or so), I will have most likely witnessed the birth of my first child and my life will basically be over. Plus, the better the game is, the more tempting it would be to play, and the worst theoretical Dad I'd probably be.

That said, there's always a chance that the drugs I have done have rendered me infertile and I will regret not investing the forty five dollars. tough call
Rock the baby with your foot while you game!