Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I would love to know the amount of page views and stats for the Pantheon KS and and others like CU. Be very interesting to see how it's faring in those category vs others.

Many of the biggest fanboys are giving the worse advice. Not too many on here now, but a few times I have mentioned the need for better high-end tiers a couple guys have said "nah we need cheap tiers! Fuck Math!". Along with a bunch of other super rose colored glasses stuff.

What do people think they need to realistically have with say 3 days left to have a shot at getting a huge boost for the win? I have been operating under the assumption of needing to be at 600k, But I think 550K might have a shot. Again having a bunch of sweet high priced tiers would help the chances of this.
Yeah I think it's almost a given it will shoot up $150-200K in the last 48 hours simply because that's what happens with most kickstarters. The farther below $600k it is at that point though the harder it will be to make up that gap; there is always the possibility that the guy that backed in at $10k on day two has some real deep pockets that wont let it miss it's funding even if he has to had $300k himself.

Unless Boogie can really bring in the hoards; this project is unlikely to get many more than 5000 backers meaning we need an average of $160 per person to fund it; Camelot Unchained had $150 per person so $160 is not too unrealistic.

You need 50% of your playerbase to pledge at least $45. If the game has a chance, it would meet that no problem. It's what potential investors would want to see too I'm sure. The few extreme pledgers don't make it a good investment. You need a small 40k playerbase paying a monthly sub. Right now they only have 5% of that showing interest.
Are you expecting 40 thousand pledges?!?!?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IT just wasnt well put together. And they did not have enough of a push before the kickstarter to get the word out. We should of had 100-200K the first few days. Also the kickstarter was a mess and now all the tiers are a mess. Just not enough of a forethought went into this campaign as it should of gotten.

Also im starting to wonder if there really is more than 4-5k people which even want an eq remade. someone else in this thread it the nail on the head. HTey need to focus target other players, not just old 40 yr old EQ players from 20 yrs ago. They need to go after the young whipper snappers too.
biggrin.png

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The two $250 tiers have brought in more money than the $45 tier despite only selling 1/4 as many. I think the solution is obvious.
You're missing the point. With almost 2k backers (which is small to begin with) you only have 189 that bought into the 250 tier. That's really pathetic for a tier that's giving you a $1 sub fee. If people are not going to buy into a tier that gives them a sub based MMO for basically free, plus alpha/beta access then what exactly is the point? Everyone says people are clamoring to play this type of game. But yet not enough to pony up some money so that they basically only have to pay $1 a month to play it.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
IT just wasnt well put together. And they did not have enough of a push before the kickstarter to get the word out. We should of had 100-200K the first few days. Also the kickstarter was a mess and now all the tiers are a mess. Just not enough of a forethought went into this campaign as it should of gotten.

Also im starting to wonder if there really is more than 4-5k people which even want an eq remade. someone else in this thread it the nail on the head. HTey need to focus target other players, not just old 40 yr old EQ players from 20 yrs ago. They need to go after the young whipper snappers too.
biggrin.png
The last wave of progression servers had something like 45k characters made in the first week; desire for old EQ is there. The number of people that would pledge support for a hypothetical game does not equal the number of people that would eventually buy the game; furthermore the Pantheon team is still working on getting the word out as many people just plain don't know about the kickstarter project yet.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Well those high end tiers are not selling either. If they cannot sell out a $250 for lifetime $1 sub fee, than I dont know WTF.

They are just not getting enough backers. 2K backers wont cut it to fund 800K, no matter what tiers and how attractive you make it. They need at least like 10K backers to fund this shit. And im just not seeing it. if they are like averaging <50 backers a day.

And I also agree on the twitch stuff yesterday. It was nice and all but each one of those two twitch broadcasts yesterday had like 200 viewers, they are just not getting this shit viral at all.
You would have to think a game will actually exist. And at this point I'm not confident of that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You would have to think a game will actually exist. And at this point I'm not seeing it.
Im not buying into any of this bullshit. Plenty of kickstarters were funded on noting but ideas a few art pieces and a promise. If you need a working game to even go to kickstarter, than whats the fucking point?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
You're missing the point. With almost 2k backers (which is small to begin with) you only have 189 that bought into the 250 tier. That's really pathetic for a tier that's giving you a $1 sub fee. If people are not going to buy into a tier that gives them a sub based MMO for basically free, plus alpha/beta access then what exactly is the point? Everyone says people are clamoring to play this type of game. But yet not enough to pony up some money so that they basically only have to pay $1 a month to play it.
I think it just shows how a mall vocal group can give the perception of a large community of people that doesn't actually exist. Just like this thread has a vocal group of 10-15 that do the majority of the posting, but it probably doesn't accurately represent the viewers of this forum either.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Im not buying into any of this bullshit. Plenty of kickstarters were funded on noting but ideas a few art pieces and a promise. If you need a working game to even go to kickstarter, than whats the fucking point?
I'm not asking to see a completed game, yet, but the way this kickstarter has been run, then you consider how all the heavens have to align just right to even push an MMO out the door, add the fact they will be lucky to even get the funding, all of these things combined lends me to be highly skeptical this will ever see the light of day. So investing for a lifetime sub is premature.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I'm not asking to see a completed game, yet, but the way this kickstarter has been run, then you consider how all the heavens have to align just right to even push an MMO out the door, add the fact they will be lucky to even get the funding, all of these things combined lends me to be highly skeptical this will ever see the light of day. So investing for a lifetime sub is premature.
I think if they get funded they will eventually have a game out there. They are using the Unity engine which seems to be very budget friendly from everything I've read about it and could very well allow them to eventually deliver a small MMO for around a $1m or so.

Blackwulf

N00b
Maybe there aren't as many people as you think that want this kind of game. I'm in for 20 bucks, but frankly not too excited about some of the nostalgia with regard to EQ. A lot of things in that game really weren't fun; there just wasn't an option.

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
I think if your Brad McQuaid you needed to have more than ideas. Thats peoples main concern with him. I think people know hes a great idea man.

The kickstarter seems doomed from lack of planning more than anything. They played the reacting game and its been up hill from there. they had soo long to plan this and talk here about their plans and ideas for the KS.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe there aren't as many people as you think that want this kind of game. I'm in for 20 bucks, but frankly not too excited about some of the nostalgia with regard to EQ. A lot of things in that game really weren't fun; there just wasn't an option.
Brad mentioned not wanting to make shit tedious.. They really should of explained that better.