Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Just tried to go to twitter to see the Brad begging for myself (still can't believe it isn't a hoax #embarrassing #swampdonkey). So, from the Kickstarter I click on the twitter.... link? Nope, just a picture! For fuck sake.

As one last hurrah, shall we all re-donate our pulled pledges, then coordinate a day this weekend to pull them all. See exactly what kind of impact this community had?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Just tried to go to twitter to see the Brad begging for myself (still can't believe it isn't a hoax #embarrassing #swampdonkey). So, from the Kickstarter I click on the twitter.... link? Nope, just a picture! For fuck sake.
Noticed that early on, too. No idea why that or the Facebook image isn't an actual link but then again this whole campaign is bananas. Also, the tweet posted here is a direct quote.

so im examining the mmo landscape, now that pantheon is dead, to see whats out there, as far as begrudgingly checking out eqn landmark. i see this ss,

h4Mjs2a.jpg

and i think to myself 'wow, maybe this will be a cool ass new mmo world to experience. like the first time i ran up the ramp in ek to hph. but then..

FWY4xNK.jpg

nm.
Yup.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
so im examining the mmo landscape, now that pantheon is dead, to see whats out there, as far as begrudgingly checking out eqn landmark. i see this ss,

and i think to myself 'wow, maybe this will be a cool ass new mmo world to experience. like the first time i ran up the ramp in ek to hph. but then..

nm.
EQNL is minecraft, you'll have spaceships and pop culture and shit.

What might interest you is EQN (which is way off). EQN imo is very promising because all the new concepts they're integrating. Both the voxel stuff and Storybricks on their own have the potential to rewrite the MMO landscape, both in one game if done well will be a revolution. It'll be a year or two before one can look at what EQN is shaping up to, but if I were you I'd keep it in mind for then.

I guess Ut called it, guys. :/
Calling fail in the MMO genre isnt exactly a challenge. Look at all the crazy he unleashed in this thread (posts are 'shawed), he's getting close to his 38s/Vanguard persona.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Those Landmark pics are just indicative of what can be done in Landmark. It's a building game first and foremost. You're going to see a lot of non-fantasy stuff, as it's not even a fantasy game at this point. Personally, playing Landmark has me more excited for what EQ Next will be like, than I was before.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
fuck it gogo, ill be harvesting some wood tonight and building a gym in landmark with tungsten dumbells

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's an incredibly depressing tweet if I was one of this mindless fanboys on the KS page. It pretty much amounts to begging which it sounds like what they are reduced to. It's like he hasn't gotten the memo that you need to actually have some sort of product in order to get funding for it, at least as far as an investor goes. I feel bad for him in a way. I have no doubt he wants to try to make a game like this (key word is try, I don't think he would ever succeed that will please everyone), but he doesn't have the money or resources to do it. So he's reduced to asking and begging, using Everquest and his name as leverage to try to raise money. They only works for diehard fanboys with disposable income and as we see, there aren't enough of those.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
idk why people actually believe the whole 'the fans talked him into doing this' lines.

while the tens of emails a year brad recieved no doubt gave a false impression as to his 'good name', and likely contributed to the thought process that 'im brad mcfuckingquaid, i slap my name on this and the neckbeards will donate millions.' which was the soil upon which the kickstarter was build, it isnt why he did this.

he did this for three reasons

1) he was unemployed, and didnt want to go back to working for 'the man'.
2) this weird quest for self redemption. rewatch the boogie interview. he states he HAS to make this game to proove his self worth and to avenge vanguard or somthing.
3) to buy another 1998 ferrari with a vanity plate that reads G4M3G0D.

bayr_sl

shitlord
He has multiple billionaires on speed dial, he was just trying to get the community involved in the investment process with that desperate, sad tweet instead of just do it all himself. Which he could do, easily. Just donate on their website, where they don't have to worry about annoying things like reaching goals before they take your money, meanwhile Brad will work his backroom magic and secure funding for the project YOU begged him to make. You think he's not busy doing other things? It's a full time job for him just turning away offers to head up new AAA MMO projects daily. But no, his rabid fanbase had to bombard him with emails "save MMORPGs Brad, please!" you cried. He just wants to include you in the process.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I'm glad I didn't donate a damn thing to this train wreck. I have kept an eye on it and read the updates but decided to speak with my wallet for once. It's 2014 step up your game guy.

Habakkuk_sl

shitlord
He has multiple billionaires on speed dial, he was just trying to get the community involved in the investment process with that desperate, sad tweet instead of just do it all himself. Which he could do, easily. Just donate on their website, where they don't have to worry about annoying things like reaching goals before they take your money, meanwhile Brad will work his backroom magic and secure funding for the project YOU begged him to make. You think he's not busy doing other things? It's a full time job for him just turning away offers to head up new AAA MMO projects daily. But no, his rabid fanbase had to bombard him with emails "save MMORPGs Brad, please!" you cried. He just wants to include you in the process.
You're right. Can't you all see Brad is doing us all a favor by making this game? If anyone is to blame for the failure of the KS its us for not putting our money where our mouth is. I'm surprised he hasn't just said "screw you guys, I'm not going to make this game now, so there!"