Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
LOL, no it does not. It tries to throw the trinity out whie throwing the player into an old AI model that still needs the trinity. Why dont you first read what I linked instead of closing your eyes like a child and saying "NO"
because unlike you i have proof that this idea doesn't work. GW2, rift, and about a dozen other games that are literally exactly what EQN is doing have all failed. why would EQN be any different? if this idea is so grand, then you'd be playing GW2, but you're not, because that game sucks. the more people try to move away from the trinity, the more this genre sucks. people like you who want call of duty, the RPG are the same people who quit a week after the game is released and say "this game sucks, but i want them to make another one just like it so i can say it's what the genre needs so i can play another game just like it" and then quit a week later again and then wonder why you're stuck in the same loop.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
9 more days before this heads to the Rickshaw?
Why? The KS might be over, but they don't seem ready to give up.. I have no problem going elsewhere to talk about whatever it is they do but the KS won't end Pantheon. At least not in their eyes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, still crossing your arms and saying no still?GW2 does not have utility based AI

Thats the difference.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
the notion that diku models are archaic and that the basic ai, which is used by absolutely everything with the sole exception being that storybricks has claimed to do, and with absolutely not proof of concept yet, is as outdated as the rotery phone is ridiculous. this 'get with the times maaan' mentally is grounded solely in david georgesons words.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Thats funny when this entire thread is a circle jerk of "get us out off the rails" or "just give us a world and well make our own stories" and "we dont need out hands held" and all that... But then you come in with this bullshit. Forcing people into an old archaic model because, people are stupid. Yeah.
then go fucking play WoW or GW2 or any other shitty game that's out that's "what you're looking for" and stop shitting up this thread! holy fuck. this thread started because there are people who are sick and tired of that model and are looking for something more like the original EQ, which we still haven't gotten. if you like WoW and WoW clones so fucking much, then go fucking play them and stop telling the rest of us it's the kind of game we're looking for. we're not. the shitty play style that you want already exists. and if that play style is so perfect, then why aren't you playing those games instead of posting the same retarded shit over and over again here?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
because unlike you i have proof that this idea doesn't work. GW2, rift, and about a dozen other games that are literally exactly what EQN is doing have all failed. why would EQN be any different? if this idea is so grand, then you'd be playing GW2, but you're not, because that game sucks. the more people try to move away from the trinity, the more this genre sucks. people like you who want call of duty, the RPG are the same people who quit a week after the game is released and say "this game sucks, but i want them to make another one just like it so i can say it's what the genre needs so i can play another game just like it" and then quit a week later again and then wonder why you're stuck in the same loop.
Etchazz... You're more intelligent than this man...

EQ:N has totally different AI tech and environmental factors than GW2 that we have never seen before. You simply can't make these statements until we have more information.

You sound absurd.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
It's ridiculous to draw conclusions until we see how MOB behaviour works. It could be a failure like GW2, but we simply don't have enough data yet, and we won't until combat goes into Landmark at the earliest.

Be more smarter.
Its a combination of the same garbage we've seen over the last decade only all packaged into one game. Now as Mkopec pointed out about the storybricks etc...I am willing to see how that plays out, but the bulletpoints I listed pretty much cancel out any positive steps in the right direction by including 25 bad steps in the wrong direction. I'm so tired of the "you can do anything you want, be anything you want, have anything you want" bullshit. By catering to everyone at the same time you make no one happy. See GW2.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why? The KS might be over, but they don't seem ready to give up.. I have no problem going elsewhere to talk about whatever it is they do but the KS won't end Pantheon. At least not in their eyes.
Honestly, charging for forum access at 15 bucks a month is Rickshaw worthy in and of itself(yes, I know they aren't charging yet). That said, I'm not going to Rickshaw it, as long as people want to still discuss it. It will keep a lot of this type of discussion out of the other threads as well, which is a good thing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah they are archaic. Its stupid to have mobs just stand around today like they did back in 1999 while you beat up on their king in the next room.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Etchazz... You're more intelligent than this man...

EQ:N has totally different AI tech and environmental factors than GW2 that we have never seen before. You simply can't make these statements until we have more information.

You sound absurd.
a gold turd is still a turd.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, charging for forum access at 15 bucks a month is Rickshaw worthy in and of itself(yes, I know they aren't charging yet). That said, I'm not going to Rickshaw it, as long as people want to still discuss it. It will keep a lot of this type of discussion out of the other threads as well, which is a good thing.
I don't agree with the sub stuff. I'm just waiting to see if it accumulates into tiers from the KS or not.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I need to point out , that the entire true believer brigade on the KS forums has managed to 100% duck mentioning Brad's tweet begging for possible investors.

Strangely , anytime he has said anything before they hailed it and mentioned it and linked to it.

Yet this particular tweet ? Nadda a mention of it.

Why could that be ?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Fair enough... But we haven't even seen what's in the bowl yet.
Exactly, which renders all claims about what the AI can or cannot do moot. The class and progression structure was, allegedly, based around this AI, like the graphical style was based solely around the use of SOEmote. Part of me wonders if this miraculous Storybricks AI (As it pertains to combat mobs) may be no more revolutionary than the AI one finds fighting Goblins in Darkfall. Said goblins run around, retreat, flank, and ping pong off everyone with no discernible pattern. It makes it seem like theres more AI in effect than there really is, and at first I was like "Wow, this is way more interesting than fighting goblins in EQ" but eventually it just became tedious and quite irritating.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need to point out , that the entire true believer brigade on the KS forums has managed to 100% duck mentioning Brad's tweet begging for possible investors.

Strangely , anytime he has said anything before they hailed it and mentioned it and linked to it.

Yet this particular tweet ? Nadda a mention of it.

Why could that be ?
I cringed a bit myself, at the same time.. The guy is certainly putting his ego at bay. I'm conflicted there, because I want him turning over every rock but using social media that way? Just looks weird and kind of desperate. Which they obviously are in a desperate situation.

All this could of been avoided had they followed other successful KS projects.. The road map really is personal investment with time and money. Maybe a years worth of work, than launch KS.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I cringed a bit myself, at the same time.. The guy is certainly putting his ego at bay. I'm conflicted there, because I want him turning over every rock but using social media that way? Just looks weird and kind of desperate. Which they obviously are in a desperate situation.

All this could of been avoided had they followed other successful KS projects.. The road map really is personal investment with time and money. Maybe a years worth of work, than launch KS.
bulletball.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Speaking of Darkfall, besides being a shit yet fun game, there is an example of a title in which everyone could be everyone could be everything and upon their rebooting of the title implemented classes and roles due to popular demand, game balance, and necessity.