Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Brad is an auteur. The so called "team" did nothing to support the Vision and sat like vultures waiting to get a dirty taste of small monies. THEY failed HIM. If the team showed half the passion they did in trying to get their cut we would be seeing a working demo.
Here, here!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
If they want to release a classic server again they should just sack up and pay Rogean for his P1999 code. It's probably about as close as it gets and it would be way cheaper than paying their coders to try to recreate everything.
The devs at P1999 do a great job. I commend everyone who gives to the EQEmu project - it's a hell of a task to reverse engineer a game like EQ where there are so many unknown unknowns and have it come out to be playable. Those involved with P99 are held to an exacting standard by a rabid fan base, and by and large they do fantastic work.

That said, there are definitely some parts of the emu that are totally broken. For a lot of the stuff, the devs know about it, but don't have the time and resources to totally rewrite the code to get it right; other parts, like AC, the team doesn't seem to know how to get it to work at all.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Brad is an auteur. The so called "team" did nothing to support the Vision and sat like vultures waiting to get a dirty taste of small monies. THEY failed HIM. If the team showed half the passion they did in trying to get their cut we would be seeing a working demo.
Hey mods, who is this shilling faggot?

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For a lot of the stuff, the devs know about it, but don't have the time and resources to totally rewrite the code to get it right; other parts, like AC, the team doesn't seem to know how to get it to work at all.
There was a very recent post by a current EQ dev from SOE about how AC currently works. It used to be very rare that they gave such specifics about a mechanic but they have been opening up lately, much to the appreciation of the players.

Here is the post:Pretty deep explanation about AC

The post directly after his I thought was very funny.
smile.png
I realize that this is an explanation for how it works in modern-day EQ(with Heroic stats and such), I just wanted to show people how complicated it is. I totally understand that it must be so hard to get that stuff right, so I certainly appreciate what the '99 devs are doing.

Also, lol at the "hi brad"
biggrin.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/em goes to grab some popcorn.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In typical Brad fashion he's vanished from the forums after saying he will be posting more. I'm sure he'll show up again soon and rinse/repeat.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
There was a very recent post by a current EQ dev from SOE about how AC currently works. It used to be very rare that they gave such specifics about a mechanic but they have been opening up lately, much to the appreciation of the players.

Here is the post:Pretty deep explanation about AC

The post directly after his I thought was very funny.
smile.png
I realize that this is an explanation for how it works in modern-day EQ(with Heroic stats and such), I just wanted to show people how complicated it is. I totally understand that it must be so hard to get that stuff right, so I certainly appreciate what the '99 devs are doing.

Also, lol at the "hi brad"
biggrin.png
This information is nice and all, but plugging in those values won't make any substantive change in EQEmu. The ATK vs AC roll is broken. They don't use a DB+DI model. 2,000 displayed AC on EQEmu functions closer to 800 displayed AC in EQ.

The players had a pretty good approximation of rAC calculations, and we've had a good track record of being close. The devs often provided post-softcap returns (so it wasn't complete conjecture). The player model was never complete, but it got us in the right ballpark - Dzarn's post on AC confirms more that we did know than correcting where we were wrong. For example - we knew HStr was supposed to have that effect (but it was at one time broken, and may or may not have ever been fixed), we generally knew the caps, while the AGI and HAgi checks are new. Gearing up really doesn't change; we're just tweaking our model to accurately fit what the game sees.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
In typical Brad fashion he's vanished from the forums after saying he will be posting more. I'm sure he'll show up again soon and rinse/repeat.
haha I love how he shorted up on a certain name from there..
I'm sure he was just taking time off for his birfday.
And seriously, what IS the deal with that CandidiasisXegony or whatever??

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Brad never should've made a forum so early in development. Thought it is a fantastic source of entertainment.