Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm surprised people still care this much about Reading Rainbow, I mean it's neat and all but doesn't the novelty of a black person who can read eventually wear off
There's a couple of things about it, I was reading Levars AMA yesterday.

That program does serve a function. I have the feeling that he's getting significant contribution from 20-somethings nostalgia (at 1-20 bucks a pop -- which is great and he's doing it exactly right in that regard... "even a dollar is enough") and he's also getting solid interest from professional education.

He also dodged most of the business model specific questions and stuck to broad subjects. Which I don't blame him for a great deal actually. I doubt he has total control over those aspects. It would be dishonest of him to promise specifics.

Trolling his kickstarter is amazingly scumfucky. He's trying to do a good thing. Stop being shitheads, Bradco. It's all good fun when you do it on your own board and hobby boards. Leave it there.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's a couple of things about it, I was reading Levars AMA yesterday.

That program does serve a function. I have the feeling that he's getting significant contribution from 20-somethings nostalgia (at 1-20 bucks a pop -- which is great and he's doing it exactly right in that regard... "even a dollar is enough") and he's also getting solid interest from professional education.

He also dodged most of the business model specific questions and stuck to broad subjects. Which I don't blame him for a great deal actually. I doubt he has total control over those aspects. It would be dishonest of him to promise specifics.

Trolling his kickstarter is amazingly scumfucky. He's trying to do a good thing. Stop being shitheads, Bradco. It's all good fun when you do it on your own board and hobby boards. Leave it there.
It's not nostalgia they just don't make shows like that anymore. All these care bear shows today can't compare with Geordi's vision

gogojira_sl

shitlord
People didn't actually like Reading Rainbow and a modern day version of it would never get the support it needs. It's all nostalgia. Reading Rainbow was an accidental success.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I think there's definitely a big enough market for reading rainbow. Don't tell me what I do and do not like thanks la.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's not nostalgia they just don't make shows like that anymore. All these care bear shows today can't compare with Geordi's vision
Oh I agree. It's just a lot of those reddit posts were almost word for word, "I loved Reading Rainbow! Have ten bucks! I wish I had more!" And there were a lot of childhood testimonials. It is quite possible that I misinterpret that. But I mean it's not always bad to tap into that.

Oldbased

> Than U
I donated to it. Reading Rainbow came after my childhood days , all I had was Mr. Rogers and lets face it. He seemed gay or at least to me at that age.
I could read and all just fine , however I didn't care to learn anything back then and if I had I would have probably turned out a lot better for the wear.
I like to read and learn things now, but in my 40's that is mostly useless as far as careers go.

Sunspots_sl

shitlord
If Geordi's vision is *so* great, how come he needed a visor???
rrr_img_68080.gif