Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
FOH is the only site I ever got banned from. Fuck that place.
Wasn't that an Alex ban anyways? Didn't you complain about WOW nonstop or something and he finally said "fuck it" and banned you? That may or may not have been you, it was a long time ago.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
brad didnt set out to scam anyone im sure. no doubt brad was sitting at home and he realized that his money and his "cache" is disappearing and he had to change that so he forced an idea. a game just like everquest but with different lore. and brad would raise funds via a kickstarter just like many games have, but the difference is he would use his Brad Mcquaid "cache" to draw in the cash. it didnt work as well as he hoped. then switched to a crowdfund plan b and that started out ok, but brad was still hurting for the dollars. suddenly a big investor comes along and shows interest in pantheon. brad is jumping up and down happy he will be making his comeback, then suddenly things go wrong. this investor pulls out because his accountant shits his pants at how poorly pantheon is being run so he warns the investor to go somewhere else.

at this point brad had already taken all the remaining money out of the project because he needed money right away and didnt think anyone would notice because big money was gonna be rolling in and brad was the one handling the money. what i have issue with is brad's destroying the entire project before it ever had a chance all because he couldnt resist dipping into the till. its even worse now, now brad has removed the till and is making people work for nothing and probably putting out their own cash for assets or having brad buy the assets for them and telling them, "go nuts kid. make me a game"
This was in all honesty probably a blessing in disguise. I don't know how the final game would have been had they made it, but the lore itself was fucking dreadful.

Lister_sl

shitlord
I hate how incestuous the game industry is, and how people are afraid to tell the truth about this because they'll have a tougher time in the industry if they do. All I'm going to say is that there is an abyssal disconnect between what Brad believes he does and what he actually produces, and I have not encountered anyone who's worked with him who believes his side of the story of the original Pantheon team.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You guys still talk about this legal bullshit? Haha....

The original super pro industry veteran devs that left had over 2 month to think about doing something... more than enough time to get legal counsel etc. I guess no one of them did even that, because at most they had to still get a few hundred bucks from Brad and it would be not worth the time and stress to get that sorted out in courts...

Beck_sl

shitlord
You guys still talk about this legal bullshit? Haha....

The original super pro industry veteran devs that left had over 2 month to think about doing something... more than enough time to get legal counsel etc. I guess no one of them did even that, because at most they had to still get a few hundred bucks from Brad and it would be not worth the time and stress to get that sorted out in courts...
Not just that, as Lister said the game industry is incestuous. Even if they won, no other major developer would ever hire them in the future. They would be all labeled as whistle blowers and be black listed.

xmod2_sl

shitlord
G61ZTpM.png
Previously: "Yup..my impression too...a roiling pit of vipers.Yeah I want to spend all my time there...don't think so."

I've never been so flattered.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
As CEO, I name ReRolled the official Pantheon discussion forum.

Also the amount of Requiem butthurt had me giggling in my office for a straight hour this morning once this thread was pointed out to me.

"Guys, I really don't care. I know that I keep posting, but I am done. I don't care. I DON'T CARE."

I'd dig that comicon jennifer lawrence "ok" animated gif out and post it but ....

I don't care.

That said I had no clue all of this was going on and its hilarious how people keep falling for the Brad McQuaid dog and pony show over and over and over again. Guy is a master con artist. Completely forseeable that he fell in with Req and Tyen. A+ thread would read again (can't wait to show it to the husband either).