Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vandyn, he's not a kickstarter expert, alright?! He's a gamergod.
That's right, I forget

rrr_img_78092.jpg

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Heres a Brad allegation that's even new to me. See underlined text.

f13.net:I'm going to do a 180 here. Apologies. But you're a religious person.You've said that angels and demons not being in EQ while you were there isn't just because of your religious beliefs. What was the core reason?

Brad McQuaid::There are different symbols, beings, supernatural beliefs - belief systems that people have that are active today in this world. Gods, demons, angels, others. I guess, in a textbook, would be world religions. You can't avoid offending everyone. Let's take angels. Christians generally believe that angels are real. Many other people don't. That they're mythological beings. Most people don't believe that dragons are real. Or that a griffin is real. Putting a griffin in your game though, versus an angel - is much less a problem. What we decided to do was to avoid anything that's from a major religion. There's some fundamentalist Christian that won't let their kid play period. Dragons, dungeons, death. Whatever. There's also going to be more moderate Christians who are going to let them play EQ or DAoC because there aren't demons or angels or something. We're creative enough people, why not just use the plentiful fantasy out there and not elements of major religions. I also wanted to not use symbols, even from dead religions. While I definitely think it would be great to take themes from mythologies like East-Asian, Norse, Egyptian and things like that - let's avoid using an ankh or whatever. Let's come up with our own religion and our own symbol that means life. This is a different world. Maybe we don't have the time or creativity of Tolkien - who borrowed from mythologies. We're not going to make our own huge religion, but at least come up with our own pantheon of gods and symbols and whatnot. That was just one of the things I wanted to do early on - by simply avoiding offending people if we can. To an atheist sure, an angel is no different than a griffin. But Johnny's mom will let him play our game.

I am a Christian so this probably goes back to me seeing 'Deities and Demigods' and kind of being bummed about that even though I still play [D&D]. It would have made me feel better if they had not used - or rather, had other creatures that weren't demons.So, is this kind of like, "if I'm going to be involved in making games, can a kid play this without being bother by it or his parents saying get away from that evil stuff!" That's the origin of it, but by no means is it me trying to hoist my religious beliefs on anybod-

f13.net:That cuts directly to the core ofsomething I've heard from at least a couple employees who are upset. Someone is alleging - and I'm sure I'll get a straight no comment, but please just deal with the question...Did you distribute religious materials and offer promotions based on people who took you up on it?

Brad McQuaid::Absolutely not. No and no. Nor would I ever. ****We know brad is a total liar, so yeah he absolutely did proselytization-based promotions lol.****

f13.net:Ok.

Brad McQuaid::I believe very much in spreading the gospel of Christianity through ones actions. I don't think you're going to force or debate anyone into believing something. It's got to be based on your actions and morals. On top of that in a work environment - and on top of that, in a management position - it is completely unacceptable to do anything like that and I wouldn't dream of it.

f13.net:Fair enough. So, a lot of people talked about this Andy Platter guy. From two people, I got the exact same response. Neither know who he was, or what he did, or why he played any role in the firing of employees. Simply to explain to the employees reading this - who was he and what did he do?

Rest of the interview is below, he even references FOH..

Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

rrr_img_78093.png

dat bonus link to the ye olde rickshaw[VG] Producer's Letter - Page 58 - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Maybe Brad's hoping for the Chick-fil-A effect.

Where CJW's (Christian Justice Warriors?) will come out in droves to buy your product because omg christian oppression!

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I actually think Brad is reasonable about his personal beliefs, as fun as it is to rag on them and make a McQuaid caricature. He knew Sparkle, I'd wager she contacted him via social media years ago as a kindred spirit Christian and game designer, and he maintained a polite relationship with her. Later, when the Pantheon debacle became so bad that he had absolutely no team and tried to global chat guild recruit for it, I'm sure she was more than happy to swoop in and "help", I mean wouldn't you if you were a small timenothingof a designer and could latch on to *THE* Brad McQuaid? So, in she comes in with man power, with logistical support in terms of servers, and now has Brad over a barrel.

I have no doubt that Brad just wants to keep his head down and make Pantheon, if for no other reason than to protect his tiny, vulnerable ego and prove that he is still relevant and still has "it", so he'd partner with Neo Nazis, Jihadis, and NAMBLA if he had to, because lets face it, quitting this project isn't an option at this point because this is McQuaid's last chance, and nobody is more aware of that than Brad himself. If Pantheon doesn't pan out, he's going to have to get a real job.

Aradune is gonna have to use his flaming sword to make flame broiled patties once his reputation is finally ruined definitively.

rrr_img_78095.jpg

Who could have known that the graffiti in the Qeynos Catacombs would become true, that Aradunereallyis stinky?

Brad is gonna go total ostrich mode and probably figures this will blow over and that he can deal with it later. I think an important aspect of this thread since Nirrtix's arrival that has been glossed over is that he was trying to get literally everyone trained up as a conscript world-builder. English student who works as a Target cashier? Hop in unity. Wash cars for a living? Start coding bro. That says a lot.

Brad, if you read this dawg, watch this then look in the mirror.

Its not too late Brad. Just be honest, come out and claim Pantheon was a poorly planned mess and you have no idea what you're doing. Go back to the drawing board. We talk a lot of shit about you and Pantheon, a lot. But if you had come out swinging with a presentable kickstarter, a design document, and half a clue, we'd probably have been your biggest supporters. Your biggest weakness is your inability to be truthful, and that is a increasingly difficult proposition in this day and age.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sparkle and the family at her son Rivan's graduation. He is just out of high school and working on a major gaming project!
Also in the picture is Ron Wells (possibly Friar Tuck in the flesh)

Like I said she home schooled because Jesus told her to.... Jesus is all over in the background!
This pic will haunt my dreams for days. Fuck.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Its not too late Brad. Just be honest, come out and claim Pantheon was a poorly planned mess and you have no idea what you're doing. Go back to the drawing board. We talk a lot of shit about you and Pantheon, a lot. But if you had come out swinging with a presentable kickstarter, a design document, and half a clue, we'd probably have been your biggest supporters. Your biggest weakness is your inability to be truthful, and that is a increasingly difficult proposition in this day and age.
This... you know, honestly, I think it is perfect timing to go after a niche audience and make a solid game. I think Camelot Unchained may take a swing at it but honestly, before Brad when full retard mode (I guess a second time if you count VG or some of his other antics) he had a name people were willing to trust to an extent. He missed a chance at easy money and some success. If he could have produced anything and attracted 200,000 or even 500,000 players (FTP or subs), I think he could have made some headlines. To me, he's working really hard to simply fail. Right now, there's no way to make Pantheon a success. It's going to be a laughing stock and nothing more.

I don't know why I keep saying this but if he wants to make it easy on himself, I would go after something with a little nostalgia and do it in honor of Everquest (which is something i'm assuming he can't touch in regards to an IP) like Quest for Glory series or Kings Quest, and take those worlds and make a more modern Everquest. He could easily find something that was dear to him as a gamer and aspiring designer and try to leverage that pre-made lore and make a game. Both parties could re-establish themselves and make a living again.

Nirrtix_sl

shitlord
While its fun watching the trainwreck continue, Nirrtix, I am not sure if you get where RR comes from on this whole project. We are all laughing it up now and pointing out the crazy, but it is important to understand that the MAJORITY of the forum were behind this project at the beginning. There were a few outspoken, sure, but overall we supported it. Pre-KS we ate up the Brad hype, we engaged him in conversation here and gave feeback on what we would like to see.

When the KS came around, on this very forum in the old thread convsersation with Brad, we gave advice on how to clean up the KS. Hell, some people offered to work on it for free (Draegan?). There were a ton of people who donated despite the shoddy initial KS launch, myself included. The hope started to fade when all of the solid advice seemed to fall on deaf ears and Brad went all "I am no KS expert" and vanish for weeks at a time.

I would say that overall RR support dropped after the 45k "advance" debacle. From there, it just got ugly and people started calling the project out for what it was. Brad disappeared from RR for good and from then on we were basically deemed troublemakers for the project. It's tens of thousands of posts to sort through, so I get where the anti-RR stance came from on the team, thinking we just wanted to watch it burn. That was never the case.

The thing that kills me in this whole fiasco is that this community gave a shit load of time and effort to try and get the train back on the track. We have a community of very talented people that tried to give this project a chance. One collossal fuckup after another from Brad and co got us as pissed off and fed up as we currently are. Everyone enjoys the LOLs now because it's vindicating to see we were right about our concerns and criticisms that eventually got this community shunned from the Pantheon team.

We did our part to try and avoid this shitstorm. After all, this community is pretty desperate for the next big MMO. It sure as fuck isn't Pantheon.

Shitload of reading if you are bored:
Rerolled<-- This one is important
Rerolled
Rerolled
sorry for the delay went to bed really early was wasted...

I know that Brad took you guy seriously enough to be the first he tells about his new idea (Panthon.) I also know that any here are members or former members of Fires of Heaven. I also know that now Brad has a serious disdain for your community. I always knew some of you supported the game. As to the Kickstarter, I could have done better... and I have never made one. Brad never updated etc. IT was like he wanted to make the Kickstarter unsuccessful do he can say "Well kids we tried, now pay me DIRECTLY!" I mean he managed to get $400,000 is he had not made the KS at $800000 he would have $400,000 and this game would still have been good. As I said noone knows how much they have monthly as the number does not go up each month. Also when it changes i think is when people either first sign up, or make a lump donation. Kyndread tried fixing it once. So I guess the other question should be if they really have the $160,000 ish they claim to have, why is noone getting paid, why are they borrowing servers from Jesus's Prophet of Hate etc...

I know many on the site are there becuase they trust Brad... even they are losing that. He never posts new threads. He rarly replies. Most of the team save Joppa do not commonly post (either because busy etc.) Brad thinks this volunteer system is great. Heck I know most of them have a job save the cult family. It makes me question if she is a con artist. How could none of them have a job except working on that failure of a game Visions... On Christians boards there are like only 100 people over that time that once had interest at all! Do not tell me those 100 did not donate when they were interested.

Nirrtix_sl

shitlord
Interesting how Brad as Sparkle have the same poor spelling. They even misspell simple words.
I do not think Brad needs to finally tell us Jesus's Prophet and he met. They went to the same school.
Home school lovers is what they are.

rrr_img_78099.png