Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

rmack_sl

shitlord
Brad doesn't know how to do any of that stuff. I doubt he has much to do with making the videos. That's why he was asking for people. Really..I'd love to know what he has done under the hood. Can anyone answer that!?

Good to see you Vhalen. Hope all is well dude.
I want to know if he ever even did any kind of coding of any sort in his career. Like how much did he even put into warwizard or was he just the idea guy then also. And wth did smed even see in warwizard 2 to even hire the team for EQ. The only kool idea in the game that I saw was being able to hit different body parts.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_78216.jpg

Do the right thing this holiday season and get your friend a gift while supporting Pantheon at the same time!! It's a win, win situation!!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is like beating up a kid in a wheelchair at this point.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I'm more worried about brad killing himself. Considering hes a confirmed abuser and people dont abuse being 100% happy rational people. His life and career, failures and "success" are all public knowledge, siding on the failure side of things since EQ. His friends have already turned on him, his fans have been stabbed in the back. Nobody can even say his name without negativity.

Depression is a mother fucker as im sure a good portion of members here can attest to. While I don't condone his behavior at all, I feel sorry for the guy, while he did do this all to himself and stealing money and lying to the very people that give his life meaning is the worst mistake he could have made... I still feel like this is his last ditch effort to make himself worth something in his own eyes and i'm sure he is well aware of this.

Once an addict, always an addict. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still abusing and while a good portion of the money he took did go to pay his bills, if he is still using, everything thats gone on from EQ to now makes sense to me.

rmack_sl

shitlord
I'm more worried about brad killing himself. Considering hes a confirmed abuser and people dont abuse being 100% happy rational people. His life and career, failures and "success" are all public knowledge, siding on the failure side of things since EQ. His friends have already turned on him, his fans have been stabbed in the back. Nobody can even say his name without negativity.

Depression is a mother fucker as im sure a good portion of members here can attest to. While I don't condone his behavior at all, I feel sorry for the guy, while he did do this all to himself and stealing money and lying to the very people that give his life meaning is the worst mistake he could have made... I still feel like this is his last ditch effort to make himself worth something in his own eyes and i'm sure he is well aware of this.

Once an addict, always an addict. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still abusing and while a good portion of the money he took did go to pay his bills, if he is still using, everything thats gone on from EQ to now makes sense to me.
I know if i lived in san diego and got to ride dirt bikes in the dunes all day I would be pretty damn happy. Plus he gets credited with being the sole creator of EQ by most people.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Oh Jesus, I can see the articles now "Former Fans turned bullies drive Everquest Creator to suicide" "Intolerant gamers drive Christian developer to suicide"

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't even feel bad for Brad at this point. He could have made this situation right by selling off some shit, returning the money and making changes to the structure of VR. Instead he stubbornly defended his actions privately while proclaiming to be wrong publicly. He had options, he just chose the more selfish route and it's taking a fuzzy troll turn on him.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Source:psychiatric times
Suicide is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States; it accounts for more than 34,000 deaths per year.1 And an even greater number of people attempt suicide. Based on data from community surveys, approximately 5% of adults have made a serious suicide attempt.2

Mental health problems are some of the best-known and well-studied risk factors linked to suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and suicide mortality. Approximately 90% of all individuals who completed suicide met criteria for 1 or more diagnosable psychiatric conditions. Mental health conditions most strongly associated with fatal and nonfatal suicide attempts include depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, posttraumatic stress disorder, and alcohol and/or drug use disorders.2-4 Because mental health treatment providers are in regular contact with patients at risk for suicide, they are an important resource for early detection and prevention of suicidal behavior.

Substance use and suicide risk

Although it is difficult to compare the relative impact among different mental health problems with the risk of suicide, alcohol and drug use disorders have been found to be strongly related to suicide risk.3,5 Individuals with a substance use disorder (ie, either a diagnosis of abuse or dependence on alcohol or drugs) are almost 6 times more likely to report a lifetime suicide attempt than those without a substance use disorder.2 Numerous studies of individuals in drug and alcohol treatment show that past suicide attempts and current suicidal thoughts are common.6-8 Recent evidence from veterans indicates that men with a substance use disorder are approximately 2.3 times more likely to die by suicide than those who are not substance abusers. Among women, a substance use disorder increases the risk of suicide 6.5-fold.9

Identifying substance abusers at greatest risk for suicide

Although a consistent association exists between substance use disorders and suicidal behaviors, the vast majority of those with substance-related problems will never die by suicide. Therefore, it is important to identify those individuals with substance use disorders who might be at particularly high risk for suicide.

Many risk factors for suicide in the general population also apply to those with substance use disorders. Older men with substance use disorders are at greater risk for nonfatal attempts and for death by suicide than are younger persons.10,11 Past suicide attempts are a strong risk factor for subsequent suicidal behaviors in those with substance use disorders.12 Depressed mood is a risk factor for suicidal behaviors in the general population and also predicts a greater likelihood of suicide in those with alcohol or drug use disorders.3,6,10 The link between depression and suicidal behaviors in those with substance use disorders may be particularly strong given the high comorbidity between mood and substance use disorders.13 Although it has not been examined thoroughly, independent mood disorders and substance-induced mood disorders are likely to confer risk for suicide.

Emerging research suggests that some individuals with particular types of substance use and abuse may be more likely to engage in suicidal behaviors. For example, individuals who use opiates, cocaine, and sedatives may have a noticeably higher risk of suicide than those who use other drugs.12,14-16 Among those with an alcohol use disorder, a greater severity of recent drinking is associated with the greater likelihood of suicide attempt and suicide mortality.17,18 Co-occurring alcohol and drug use disorders may be particularly strong indicators of increased risk of suicide.19 Thus, the severity of substance use disorders (ie, a greater number of substances or misuse of more than 1 substance) may predict a greater likelihood of suicide.
- See more at:The Link Between Substance Abuse, Violence, and Suicide | Psychiatric Times

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

Brad made dat Everquest money and has slipped through the cracks of life for years.

He squandered both the wealth and success he accidentally was able to accumulate, as well as the reputation that comes with it as a "G4m3r g0d". Despite being a has-been he has been able to live a life of leisure and minimal actual work and is able to surround himself with sycophants and delusional worshipers to stroke his ego. So he had to sell his Ferrari and Pantheon isn't working out? Big fucking deal. Its not like he's broke, he still spends his time ramping off of the dunes on his collection of bikes. Just because he is trying, unsuccessfully, to get other people to pay for Pantheon doesn't mean hes some down on his luck addict. He sleeps in a nice fucking house you paid for.

If he suck-starts a Beretta over that I wouldn't feel bad, despite all of the shit we give him here. It isn't like he watched his best friend die in Fallujah or lost his legs in Kandahar. Some people have real problems, McQuaid isn't one of them. Trying to sell digital elves isn't a terrible life.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Oh I feel ya bro, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he attempts suicide. It's even statistically probable that he does.

Also, I've seen people blow with a million dollars on oxy, in my own personal life and when the money was gone, so was he.