Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

rmack_sl

shitlord
As per wiki,
Bad McQuaid was an avid player of Sojourn. Seeing the commercial potential of virtual worlds in the course of his MUD career, he went on to create EverQuest.[4] With Kris' permission, used it as the model for the city of Freeport in EverQuest

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If Brad cannot see where this is headed, he has much larger issues. I would just like to know is true motivation. Does he believe he's just too far into this to back out? Does he honestly believe that his reputation is salvageable only through completing this project? Maybe he honestly believe this is working out? He could be just bat-crazy and/or in denial?

I personally think he's aware of his surroundings and understands where Pantheon is heading. I fully expect in the coming months a massive white-flag letter stating how he tried and it didn't work. I think he's going to wait and see if there is truly someone out there willing to back this or if there is one final push of generosity during the holidays. Maybe he believe he can hold out and see if people will share their tax refunds. However, I also believe he's fishing for an alternative. He's attempt to find another opportunity for himself or maybe even a merger of his ideas team up with someone else that didn't make it off the ground. I'd say he's trying to let the crazies filter out before he makes any major moves.

Regardless this is hold on by a thread and who knows why and for how long but you can guarantee the clock is ticking before the towel is thrown in...
I absolutely, positively agree with every word of this analysis.

rmack_sl

shitlord
Also look into this,Google Groups
Soe even admitted to useing diku source code in everquest. I believe even smed made a comment on this on the eq website in 99 but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
It further proves the point that Brad really hasn't done much original work since EQ. And questions if he ever had any original ideas at all.
TrainWreck1.gif

Like wtf does Brad do? He can't code or make videos or write lore or make concept art, he can't manage communities or employees or money. Go get a reflective vest, a hard hat, and dig a fucking ditch.

Nirrtix_sl

shitlord
Big Flex.... They claim that they were going to take "some sort of action" in regards to what I proved. At Pantheon they also promise many things with little or no follow through. For instance, the community has been begging for lore samples for months... they always promise to, but never give any.

Brad has little to do with making the videos. The one he had more involvement with were horrible. That is why when Sparkle came on she made one and it really pissed him off it was so bad (the one where all you could see what the characters poorly animated butt.) Then they employed Frenzic to make one . What I saw of his was 100% better than most of the recent videos even.

Look on Facebook their new position is very demanding and no one with those requirements wants to work for free. I frankly do not blame them. Anyone with those skills probably already has experience and references. Most of the devs in Pantheon are totally green to the field without references or experience working on games.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Big Flex.... They claim that they were going to take "some sort of action" in regards to what I proved. At Pantheon they also promise many things with little or no follow through. For instance, the community has been begging for lore samples for months... they always promise to, but never give any.

Brad has little to do with making the videos. The one he had more involvement with were horrible. That is why when Sparkle came on she made one and it really pissed him off it was so bad (the one where all you could see what the characters poorly animated butt.) Then they employed Frenzic to make one . What I saw of his was 100% better than most of the recent videos even.

Look on Facebook their new position is very demanding and no one with those requirements wants to work for free. I frankly do not blame them. Anyone with those skills probably already has experience and references. Most of the devs in Pantheon are totally green to the field without references or experience working on games.

its all a conspiracy

rmack_sl

shitlord
Bro do you even MUD?
Do I go off thread? My point was even Brads best effort in the game industry was just a rip from another already established game. You can say blizzard did the same but at least they had the original idea of making a MMO more casual and at a faster pace with not much resting.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Back on topic, I can't wait for this new baller Pantheon video. Faith restored 2014 GOTY 48 hour Terminus queues

rmack_sl

shitlord
Back on topic, I can't wait for this new baller Pantheon video. Faith restored 2014 GOTY 48 hour Terminus queues
Idk why they are even releasing videos with stock assets. It's like me recording my music first with a bunch of loops I found on the internet and say "If you like the music i'll learn it all and play it myself".

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Wonder whats new to show in the video? They already showed zoning...Maybe combat...Maybe we can ride Chariots!!!!

Nirrtix_sl

shitlord
"We actually haven't been seeking funding for several months now so we could get the game farther along. We likely will start anew when this months movies are released."

Official post from Pantheon Facebook page.

Do they really think people are stupid enough to think a quality MMORPG can be made for free??? I was under the impression up until then they were seeking funding and could not get it because of Sparkle (well they still would not be able to)

Is this their admission of defeat?