Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

delirium_sl

shitlord
inb4 you have to kneel and pray to regen mana
but wait! in order to Med, you have to have your nose in the bible until you reach level 30! (seriously though i wouldnt be opposed to the Cleric or Paladin class having to pray to their diety for their powers, this already existed in D&D)

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
inb4 you have to kneel and pray to regen mana
rrr_img_78222.jpg

rmack_sl

shitlord
"We actually haven't been seeking funding for several months now so we could get the game farther along. We likely will start anew when this months movies are released."

Do they really think people are stupid enough to think a quality game can be made for free??? I was under the impression up until then they were seeking funding and could not get it because of Sparkle (well they still would not be able to)

Is this their admission of defeat?
Well they seem to have cut cost by quite a lot by using stock assets and not hiring talent for original art work.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
While its fun to joke about the injection of christian elements into the "game" (i'll call it that for sake of discussion), it isn't too much of an exaggeration...

Lets just stop and appreciate that Undead as a concept were considered too satanic and had to be replaced by Merpeople, that evil gods were all together removed and the existence of 1 neutral deity is a point of contention within the team and that in all likelihood Necromancers, Dark Knights, etc have all been removed from the limited, impotent design doc if one exists at all.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
"We actually haven't been seeking funding for several months now so we could get the game farther along. We likely will start anew when this months movies are released."

Official post from Pantheon Facebook page.

Do they really think people are stupid enough to think a quality MMORPG can be made for free??? I was under the impression up until then they were seeking funding and could not get it because of Sparkle (well they still would not be able to)

Is this their admission of defeat?
My read of this is that they are trying to polish before approaching investors..

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never cared what they used from unity. A creative person can make a mmo with stock assets fun. These people are not creative. So it doesn't matter what they come up with. The game won't be fun.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
While its fun to joke about the injection of christian elements into the "game" (i'll call it that for sake of discussion), it isn't too much of an exaggeration...

Lets just stop and appreciate that Undead as a concept were considered too scary and had to be replaced by Merpeople, that evil gods were all together removed and the existence of 1 neutral deity is a point of contention within the team and that in all likelihood Necromancers, Dark Knights, etc have all been removed from the limited, impotent design doc if one exists at all.
Design doc:

S67sQ81.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
Lets just stop and appreciate that Undead as a concept were considered too satanic and had to be replaced by Merpeople, that evil gods were all together removed and the existence of 1 neutral deity is a point of contention within the team and that in all likelihood Necromancers, Dark Knights, etc have all been removed from the limited, impotent design doc if one exists at all.
Wait what...

By that logic they will have to remove mana as it's a form of materialized spiritual energy. Something regarded closely to druidic paganism in christian history.

#longlivecelts

rmack_sl

shitlord
I never cared what they used from unity. A creative person can make a mmo with stock assets fun. These people are not creative. So it doesn't matter what they come up with. The game won't be fun.
It's just a insult to real devs (if any "real" devs are even left) in the game industry. It's using stock garage band loops to make a song and then call it my own creation.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Manna (Hebrew: ?????) or al-Mann wa al-Salwa (Arabic: ?????? ? ???????, Kurdish: gezo, Persian: ?????????), sometimes or archaically spelled mana, is an edible substance that, according to the Bible and the Quran,[1] God provided for the Israelites during their travels in the desert.

nomnom

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just a insult to real devs (if any "real" devs are even left) in the game industry. It's using stock garage band loops to make a song and then call it my own creation.
Real devs don't care if people use stock assets. It's stamping the original tag on it that bothers people. Like you said.

If some Indy devs created a solid mmo using unity and store bought stuff, it would only help the industry. Assuming they ran with either an original idea or went old school. Certainly if they became a huge hit. your average gamer wouldn't know the difference. Indy is the way of the future if you're looking for a game like OG EQ!

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Real devs don't care if people use stock assets. It's stamping the original tag on it that bothers people. Like you said.

If some Indy devs created a solid mmo using unity and store bought stuff, it would only help the industry. Assuming they ran with either an original idea or went old school. Certainly if they became a huge hit. your average gamer wouldn't know the difference. Indy is the way of the future if you're looking for a game like OG EQ!
It goes beyond the stock unity assets though, it was the previously done and unrelated "concept" art they attempted to brand as relating to Pantheon when in fact it was simply purchased and relabeled after the fact to give the illusion of competency. That painting of the sea-side port town? That was put up on Deviant art years ago. etc etc

Us regular posters knew that, I just wanted to once again highlight the reoccuring theme with both this project and McQuaid himself, its like when the Iranian military unveils their new fighter jet and its a particleboard mock up and its just sad. You know the Iranians are incapable of independently designing and producing a cutting edge piece of aerospace technology, and they know it too, but that doesn't stop them from shitting some papermache together, pretending its real, and then acting arrogant as fuck about it on the world stage.

rrr_img_78225.jpg

= Pantheon

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Big Flex.... They claim that they were going to take "some sort of action" in regards to what I proved. At Pantheon they also promise many things with little or no follow through. For instance, the community has been begging for lore samples for months... they always promise to, but never give any.

Brad has little to do with making the videos. The one he had more involvement with were horrible. That is why when Sparkle came on she made one and it really pissed him off it was so bad (the one where all you could see what the characters poorly animated butt.) Then they employed Frenzic to make one . What I saw of his was 100% better than most of the recent videos even.

Look on Facebook their new position is very demanding and no one with those requirements wants to work for free. I frankly do not blame them. Anyone with those skills probably already has experience and references. Most of the devs in Pantheon are totally green to the field without references or experience working on games.
Thought you were leaving?

Anyways, nobody gives a shit about lore, not a single game in history made me go "this lore is so fucking awesome, even though the game is terrible, the lore makes it worth it!"