Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It goes beyond the stock unity assets though, it was the previously done and unrelated "concept" art they attempted to brand as relating to Pantheon when in fact it was simply purchased and relabeled after the fact to give the illusion of competency. That painting of the sea-side port town? That was put up on Deviant art years ago. etc etc
This, Brad just sort of points out that all that shit is done by Pantheon volunteers when its buy of the shelf work.. It's literally comparable to copy and pasting in word.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This
Is
Going
To
B2RqVnf.gif

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It goes beyond the stock unity assets though, it was the previously done and unrelated "concept" art they attempted to brand as relating to Pantheon when in fact it was simply purchased and relabeled after the fact to give the illusion of competency. That painting of the sea-side port town? That was put up on Deviant art years ago. etc etc
That art never bothered me. Art is made to inspire. It was created by someone who was friends with Brad, he saw it and felt it would make a cool city for pantheon then used the same artist for more art. That was really low on my list of concerns at that time. He was asked about that piece and gave a genuine answer.

rmack_sl

shitlord
Maybe if they cut the assets up and just used it as a template it would be fine. Maybe changing a face, color or designing different armor would fine. None of that takes much time and is hell of a lot quicker then starting from scratch but still makes it seem creative. How the hell can you sell yourself as serious if you can't even put time into the art of the game to mark your own style into the game. If they are using the assets to just test game mechanics why even waste time/money on tons of stock assets. Just have base nude models for testing to see with the engine can do. If they have gone this far to buy up all them stock assets I would assume most of it will make it into the 1.0 version of the game.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
That art never bothered me. Art is made to inspire. It was created by someone who was friends with Brad, he saw it and felt it would make a cool city for pantheon then used the same artist for more art. That was really low on my list of concerns at that time. He was asked about that piece and gave a genuine answer.
Its obviously not a concern, its just indicative of an entire thought process as it pertains to other actions and strategy.

to reiterate a point i made earlier, its all about trying to create the illusion of competency

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
You never played SWTOR?
Nope. Star wars isn't really a good example either, seeing as it already has a cult following that likes it regardless of content.

Even that doesn't doesn't guarantee success seeing what happened with star wars galaxies.

Make a fun game then give it a story, people play the shit out of candy crush for example.

Look at archeage, I'd guess hardly anyone even watched the main quest scinematics and is loving the hell out of it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Prayer is definitely in the game. In most games I'd be all like whatevs praying to deities is OK, but with Pantheon I'm all like Lolol that Lauren so christian cray.

There was a Facebook photo where he referenced it as a mechanic.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Prayer is definitely in the game. In most games I'd be all like whatevs praying to deities is OK, but with Pantheon I'm all like Lolol that Lauren so christian cray.

There was a Facebook photo where he referenced it as a mechanic.
Sure, prayer for things is fine, but if you're chopping evil stuff out of your game for the sake of religous neutrality it's a bit confusing.

I hope they go gender neutral in this game as well to neutralize sexuality. I wouldn't mind playing a tranny paladin. Implying that I'll definitely play this game if they do this.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
What the hell is wrong with people? I guess he really did want a niche game.

Just rename the game evangelist online and be done with it.

Log in every Sunday sit in a church and log off after collecting your god points to spend on afterlife talents which after you farm enough you can be saved by Jesus where credits roll.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its obviously not a concern, its just indicative of an entire thought process as it pertains to other actions and strategy.

to reiterate a point i made earlier, its all about trying to create the illusion of competency
Agreed. He's half assed this from the start and using art not intended for pantheon only strengthens that point.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Oh shit I offended the star wars faggots, go fuck yourself with your lightsabres. Bonus points if you yell like a wookie when you cum.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Big Flex;864228 said:
rrr_img_78228.png

Im gonna go with primarily the former with maybe a smidge of the latter peppered in. If you guys remember, prior to his small stint with SOE in 2013, he tried to make a start up in 2011-2012 and it failed. So he went back to SOE to work on VG F2P conversion where he basically snubbed the VG fan base. Then worked on EQ where he engaged the fans quite a bit but aparently his work was shit so he was let go and here we are. If this fails on top of all that, then it really is the end. He is in full on desperation mode.

rmack_sl

shitlord
delirium;864239 said:
rrr_img_78228.png

Im gonna go with primarily the former with maybe a smidge of the latter peppered in. If you guys remember, prior to his small stint with SOE in 2013, he tried to make a start up in 2011-2012 and it failed. So he went back to SOE to work on VG F2P conversion where he basically snubbed the VG fan base. Then worked on EQ where he engaged the fans quite a bit but aparently his work was shit so he was let go and here we are. If this fails on top of all that, then it really is the end. He is in full on desperation mode.
Layoffs hit Sony Online Entertainment | UTSanDiego.com
Seems like they fired 70 people the same time Brad was laid off. So who knows what really happen.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
delirium;864239 said:
rrr_img_78228.png

Did he engage the EQ fans? I must have missed that?