Pappy

Fucker

Log Wizard
What you're paying for with high end liquor, wine, food, etc. mostly is the feeling of being better than other people. Even things like cars are like this to some extent. This becomes apparent every time a so-called expert is stupid enough to submit to a blind taste test and fails miserably at picking the fancy schmancy stuff from just regular booze. Obviously there's a shit tier of everything that truly is crap, but how you feel about the high end stuff has a lot more to do with what you paid for it and how it makes you see yourself than what it actually tastes like. Not to say that you can't enjoy that, but don't get too far up your own ass trying to declare something is "over oaked" or arguing about if the notes are raspberry or tobacco or sawdust or whatever. Those people are full of shit.
People get off on being snobs. Worst tight now is beer. It is impossible to get a "craft" beer that actually tastes like beer. Designer clothing is probably the worst value for money out there. Strange that helping make the monthly payment on someone's yacht makes them feel good, but whatevs.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone ever tried Mellow Corn? Its supposedly some bottom shelf stuff thats really good. I've looked in three states, never seen it anywhere.

I have a giant bottle sitting on my bar cart. It's really solid-good for how cheap it is.
How do you like your Blanton's Gold Edition? We have one and my wife loves it. It's super hard to find.
I love Blanton's Gold, and the Blanton's stuff in general. Blanton's Gold as far as I know is mainly an international product? I've only ever seen it in airports where you have to be flying out or into the country (I believe?), and on a cruise. Ended up buying a couple of bottles while on a cruise. I really enjoy it.
What you're paying for with high end liquor, wine, food, etc. mostly is the feeling of being better than other people. Even things like cars are like this to some extent. This becomes apparent every time a so-called expert is stupid enough to submit to a blind taste test and fails miserably at picking the fancy schmancy stuff from just regular booze. Obviously there's a shit tier of everything that truly is crap, but how you feel about the high end stuff has a lot more to do with what you paid for it and how it makes you see yourself than what it actually tastes like. Not to say that you can't enjoy that, but don't get too far up your own ass trying to declare something is "over oaked" or arguing about if the notes are raspberry or tobacco or sawdust or whatever. Those people are full of shit.
A group of friends and I really got into bourbon probably 5-6 years ago, and we'd constantly go "hunt" for stuff. Now I never go look for stuff. I try to not burn through my superb stuff and have my go-to readily available shit: OGD 114, Wild Turkey 101, Evan Williams Bottle-in-Bond etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a giant bottle sitting on my bar cart. It's really solid-good for how cheap it is.

I love Blanton's Gold, and the Blanton's stuff in general. Blanton's Gold as far as I know is mainly an international product? I've only ever seen it in airports where you have to be flying out or into the country (I believe?), and on a cruise. Ended up buying a couple of bottles while on a cruise. I really enjoy it.

A group of friends and I really got into bourbon probably 5-6 years ago, and we'd constantly go "hunt" for stuff. Now I never go look for stuff. I try to not burn through my superb stuff and have my go-to readily available shit: OGD 114, Wild Turkey 101, Evan Williams Bottle-in-Bond etc.

A couple of Blanton’s Golds? Holy shit. Congrats.

My fav right now is Rabbit Hole Dareringer. It’s finished in Sherry casks and gives it such a subtly excellent finish.

FBF3BC32-C43E-41E9-BC0A-CC240C3C1BD1.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A couple of Blanton’s Golds? Holy shit. Congrats.

My fav right now is Rabbit Hole Dareringer. It’s finished in Sherry casks and gives it such a subtly excellent finish.

View attachment 359880
Yeah, the Royal Caribbean cruises have a vendor on them that lets you buy up to two of the Gold label.

I'll have to find some of that Dareringer stuff, haven't had it yet.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the Royal Caribbean cruises have a vendor on them that lets you buy up to two of the Gold label.

I'll have to find some of that Dareringer stuff, haven't had it yet.

Apparently Rabbit Hole is solid in general. And if Dareringer is any indication the rest of their lineup must be A+.