Pappy

Tmac

Adventurer
<Silver Donator>
43d 49m
Just got back from Kentucky.

B07A5DAC-3120-4989-8B43-2671C9863286.jpeg

[edit] I'm missing two more Maker's Mark bottles in this pic, ha.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Silver Donator>
43d 49m
What is light whiskey? Is that a thing or just part of this brand?

The Rabbit Hole Dareringer (third from left in the picture above) is finished in port barrels and is one of the best bourbons I’ve tried here lately.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
98d 3h 21m
From what I understand a brewery buys an overaged true light whiskey, basically something not super complex and puts it in a different barrel to add complexity and ages it some more. It's a crap shoot.

• 1Like
Reactions: Tmac

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
26d 4h 14m
Figured there had to be a bourbon thread somewhere, not everything pictured here but some. My collection has gotten smaller over time thanks to just evoking some discipline and not buying bourbon just to buy it due to its rarity. The one bottle I'd love to have that I can never find, not to mention I think it's the best I've ever had (far better than all the Pappy's), is the Midwinter Night's Dram.

I read some of the budget bourbon talk. Nothing beats that Evan William's Bottle in Bond. It's dirt cheap and just really solid. That OGD 114 is great for $20. I'm a sucker for Blanton's still. I think it's a great bourbon, but I'd never pay more than retail for it.

20210529_180855.jpg

Last edited:

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
98d 3h 21m
I really like the 1792 you have and think it's a pretty good value. I'm torn on the McKenna. Angel Envy seems like a requirement in most people's collection. I haven't tried the Blanton's or the pure white. My newest is a Bib and Tucker small batch. It's an oily sucker but went great with walleye fishing today.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
26d 4h 14m
I really like the 1792 you have and think it's a pretty good value. I'm torn on the McKenna. Angel Envy seems like a requirement in most people's collection. I haven't tried the Blanton's or the pure white. My newest is a Bib and Tucker small batch. It's an oily sucker but went great with walleye fishing today.

Yeah, that 1972 is a Single Barrel store pick from a place in Austin, last time I was there he was passing out Pappy to celebrate his 25 yr anniversary of his store. Just passing out shots lol.

The earlier McKenna's I had were very good... But after the first batch I had, they have not been great. Very "ok" if anything.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Silver Donator>
43d 49m
How is the Coopers Craft? I've been seeing a lot of commercials for it lately.

It's SOLID. It's a $60 bourbon you can buy for $35. It's only available in Kentucky, so it's hard to find, but I imagine once they do get a lot of distribution this will be another that gets allocated pretty quickly.

I think it's better than New Riff.

• 1Like
Reactions: Chanur

Tmac

Adventurer
<Silver Donator>
43d 49m
Figured there had to be a bourbon thread somewhere, not everything pictured here but some. My collection has gotten smaller over time thanks to just evoking some discipline and not buying bourbon just to buy it due to its rarity. The one bottle I'd love to have that I can never find, not to mention I think it's the best I've ever had (far better than all the Pappy's), is the Midwinter Night's Dram.

I read some of the budget bourbon talk. Nothing beats that Evan William's Bottle in Bond. It's dirt cheap and just really solid. That OGD 114 is great for $20. I'm a sucker for Blanton's still. I think it's a great bourbon, but I'd never pay more than retail for it.

View attachment 355905

How do you like your Blanton's Gold Edition? We have one and my wife loves it. It's super hard to find.