Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
She's mostly worried because (in no particular order) : he doesn't point, clap, wave, hasn't said mama, says no words at all in fact except Dada (not at me), doesn't respond to his name, doesn't mimic people, doesn't play peekaboo, and a myriad of things I can't remember.

Of course she just told me she took an online quiz today and it said he is high risk. I told her not to look at this shit, and yet here we are.

I was looking forward to one night this entire year, tonight, since dark souls 3 came out. And it looks like I'm wasting the whole night listening to her cry. Fuuuuck this

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
She's mostly worried because (in no particular order) : he doesn't point, clap, wave, hasn't said mama, says no words at all in fact except Dada (not at me), doesn't respond to his name, doesn't mimic people, doesn't play peekaboo, and a myriad of things I can't remember.

Of course she just told me she took an online quiz today and it said he is high risk. I told her not to look at this shit, and yet here we are.

I was looking forward to one night this entire year, tonight, since dark souls 3 came out. And it looks like I'm wasting the whole night listening to her cry. Fuuuuck this
What did the doctor say at the 1yr checkin?
Schedule a follow up with your pediatrician (the eye thing may work, or she may gloss over it). Seriously, as Ancient said, they are all over this shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The 1 year checking in this upcoming Tuesday.. I told my wife to chill out until then but she went into full blown panic mode.

Right now she is completely irrational in every way about this. She cried ALL NIGHT about it, saying stuff like she was sad about how hard of a life he was going to have. If I didn't know better, I would've thought she was drunk but she doesn't drink so it wasn't that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I did, nothing was working.

I don't even think he is, because he's started doing a lot of the other things (he gives high fives if you ask for instance).

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
he doesn't point, clap, wave, hasn't said mama, says no words at all in fact except Dada (not at me), doesn't respond to his name, doesn't mimic people, doesn't play peekaboo, and a myriad of things I can't remember.
Jesus. Print out my post and give this to her.

"Hey Lady, shut the hell up already. Your son is fine. You, are not. 1 year olds barely do any of the things you say they should be doing, and they may do completely different things anyway. THE BABY is 12 MONTHS OLD. What the hell do you think was going to happen here? He was going to start working on Nuclear Fusion Energy technology after some light reading with Dr. Suess? Get off the internet looking up google sites filled with crack pots and have fun with this stage of your baby's life before you regret it when the kid is fine, will be fine, and you will look back 5 years from now and wish you weren't such a manic retard"

Love - Utnayan. The parental common sense expert.

PS: Your insane babble drivel from last night ruined a fun night where your hubby was looking forward to playing a game for a few hours he was looking forward too. You need to make this up to him by letting him binge on it now for a week. If anything, you should get checked out for postpartum depression.

Honestly, this is your wife to a T right now. Have her read this and go to the doctor.

The Symptoms of Postpartum Depression Anxiety

Here is one that relates specifically:
You are worried. Really worried. All. The. Time. Am I doing this right? Will my husband come home from his trip? Will the baby wake up? Is the baby eating enough? Is there something wrong with my baby that I'm missing? No matter what anyone says to reassure you, it doesn't help.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I may be "retarded", but I am not retarded. You know what I mean?

@Ut, nothing works right now. She's insane. Does post partum depression show up after 1 year?
Yeah. Anytime within a 12 month period. She has classic symptoms. 1) Doesn't think he is bonding (Why hasn't he said mama yet), doesn't think he is progressing fast enough, concerned about illness to a point of mental instability. Not seeing what he does do and wonders why he isn't doing exact things she is reading about. Using the internet and finding every little detail that could go wrong. I would suggest she sees a doctor to be sure.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I may be "retarded", but I am not retarded. You know what I mean?

@Ut, nothing works right now. She's insane. Does post partum depression show up after 1 year?
For real, Ut is right. Have her talk to someone... her OB/GYN can point her in the right direction, because if she's having mood swings like that she NEEDS to talk to someone for the sake of the family.

I'll PM you a link to a blog post a friend wrote about it... you can ignore it if you don't have your panties in a twist about shit, but have your wife read it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Expose her to a kid that has actual problems. That shit was enlightening to me and really made me put all my "zomg she isn't meeting her milestones exactly as the book said" shit to bed. If it's just that and not some kind of postpartum thing.