Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just noticed a couple of days ago that one of be kiddos has two bottom teeth already through. Never got fussy at all or anything, not sure what you guys were all complaining about.
You will regret these words... I guarantee it.

Not sure if the dude has teeth coming in or it's a sleep regression but every night for the last week when we put him down for naps or bedtime he starts wailing and it takes him a good 10 minutes to fall asleep. We kind of just leave him unless it gets to the DEFCON 5 level crying. I think he's just pushing buttons and boundaries though.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My daughter has always chosen boys poorly. She is now 15 but all the time growing up she would talk about this boy or that boy and we knew how stupid those choices were. We never made an issue of it, never told her who she could or could not date.

The other night she was finishing therapy and called my wife in at the end of the session. She broke down and told her that her most recent boyfriend convinced her to have sex with him in order to keep the relationship going even though she felt it was over. This kid is a world class shit and I actually told her this time that he was a broken little emo that she wasn't going to fix but that I wouldn't forbid her from making a mistake. She would always say 'yeah yeah, I know dad". Well anyways he comes over and fucks her and then walks out and breaks up with her. She has felt like garbage ever since that and was talking to her therapist who suggested she explain it to us.

Now she feels better but you best believe I was seconds away from going over to his house and getting on his WIFI, hitting up the "deep web" and ordering a brick of heroin to his doorstep with his name on it. That was just the least destructive thing I could think of. He lives 3 houses down from us .... every time I drive by I come up with a new plot. He didn't force himself on her though, it was her decision. That doesn't make it easier though. I know his parents have put him in the mental ward of the hospital twice for suicide attempts and that he's an absolutely worthless human so telling them to watch out for the kid or eventually he will rape some girl isn't going to actually do anything for them or him.

I just had to vent it because this isn't something you tell your friends at brunch.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wonder what that woman's husband would do if he found out you posted her boudoir photos on rerolled.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I was just ribbing you a little bit. I get it the kid's a shit and you're a father. But he might be a video gamer who reads forums like this and sees stories like that and thinks it's cool to be a shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My daughter has always chosen boys poorly. She is now 15 but all the time growing up she would talk about this boy or that boy and we knew how stupid those choices were. We never made an issue of it, never told her who she could or could not date.

The other night she was finishing therapy and called my wife in at the end of the session. She broke down and told her that her most recent boyfriend convinced her to have sex with him in order to keep the relationship going even though she felt it was over. This kid is a world class shit and I actually told her this time that he was a broken little emo that she wasn't going to fix but that I wouldn't forbid her from making a mistake. She would always say 'yeah yeah, I know dad". Well anyways he comes over and fucks her and then walks out and breaks up with her. She has felt like garbage ever since that and was talking to her therapist who suggested she explain it to us.

Now she feels better but you best believe I was seconds away from going over to his house and getting on his WIFI, hitting up the "deep web" and ordering a brick of heroin to his doorstep with his name on it. That was just the least destructive thing I could think of. He lives 3 houses down from us .... every time I drive by I come up with a new plot. He didn't force himself on her though, it was her decision. That doesn't make it easier though. I know his parents have put him in the mental ward of the hospital twice for suicide attempts and that he's an absolutely worthless human so telling them to watch out for the kid or eventually he will rape some girl isn't going to actually do anything for them or him.

I just had to vent it because this isn't something you tell your friends at brunch.
My wife had a similar experience when she was younger. She was dating a guy and he said if she wouldn't swallow his load he wasn't going to stay with her, so she did.

It's still a hangup and she won't ever let it happen ever again for the rest of her life. Even though I'm "the one" it's still a major issue for her.

I'm not really offering any advice here, just anecdotes.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My wife had a similar experience when she was younger. She was dating a guy and he said if she wouldn't swallow his load he wasn't going to stay with her, so she did.

It's still a hangup and she won't ever let it happen ever again for the rest of her life. Even though I'm "the one" it's still a major issue for her.

I'm not really offering any advice here, just anecdotes.
Yeah the moral of the story probably is try and teach your sons not to be dickweasels. Nothing I can do to change it and nothing I do to him would be appropriate. There are just shitty dudes out there.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
She broke down and told her that her most recent boyfriend convinced her to have sex with him in order to keep the relationship going even though she felt it was over.
I don't really understand this, if the daughter thought the relationship was over why would she want to escalate the physical relationship?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don't really understand this, if the daughter thought the relationship was over why would she want to escalate the physical relationship?
She thought it would make things better and she thought it had already been over but he told her this was a way to get the relationship back on track and that it wasn't over as long as she slept with him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't remember - did he take her virginity or was that something that already happened?

I guess with the way you said everything else it might've already happened. I'd be extra pissed if some dude did that AND took her virginity.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
She thought it would make things better and she thought it had already been over but he told her this was a way to get the relationship back on track and that it wasn't over as long as she slept with him.
Kind of a parenting opportunity, right? Explain to her that sex and physical intimacy are just reflections of the emotional intimacy you feel with that person, and that without the emotional intimacy and feelings they are just hollow physical acts (such as she just experienced.) Hollow physical acts can be fine but also put her at risk for STD's, pregnancy, and (cue Mist music) rape/assault if she is intimate with people who don't care about her.

This is a good opportunity to be understanding dad and realize no harm was done to her and she's not a bad person (and he's probably not either) and gain trust with her by empathizing with her choice but also explaining how she could have made that choice better. Try not to be judgy while talking.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I can't remember - did he take her virginity or was that something that already happened?

I guess with the way you said everything else it might've already happened. I'd be extra pissed if some dude did that AND took her virginity.
He took it. Yeah I am extra pissed, like super extra pissed. My wife was not sure how I would react. I was very very supportive and told her I feel sad for her but that doesn't change how I feel about her. I know a lot of you would probably think I would break a Bible over her head but that just isn't what happened. I didn't even mention it. She was despondent for the month prior to telling us and she has already perked up considerably since then. Real hats off to her therapist for guiding her through this and helping her understand that we are good parents that care and will listen without judgement and we just want to be there for her and keep her safe. Their bond is much tighter now.

Kind of a parenting opportunity, right? Explain to her that sex and physical intimacy are just reflections of the emotional intimacy you feel with that person, and that without the emotional intimacy and feelings they are just hollow physical acts (such as she just experienced.) Hollow physical acts can be fine but also put her at risk for STD's, pregnancy, and (cue Mist music) rape/assault if she is intimate with people who don't care about her.

This is a good opportunity to be understanding dad and realize no harm was done to her and she's not a bad person (and he's probably not either) and gain trust with her by empathizing with her choice but also explaining how she could have made that choice better. Try not to be judgy while talking.
Yup we went through all that and she says she is going to chill on the boys for a while because of all that. I told her all the bad things I saw in this kid and reminded her that I mentioned them to her once and let her make the call after that. She agreed that we saw him for who he was but that we didn't try to control it. I think she came away from it all with a lot more trust in our opinion of boys for one thing.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damn noodle that's bad juju. We have discussed 0 about our previous sex lives and I'm pretty happy with that. I guess if she wouldn't swallow we'd eventually have to but I don't know how I'd deal with that answer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Damn noodle that's bad juju. We have discussed 0 about our previous sex lives and I'm pretty happy with that. I guess if she wouldn't swallow we'd eventually have to but I don't know how I'd deal with that answer.
When we first started dating we experimented very heavily with sex. Just trying out different things to see who liked what, etc. When I said it would be cool if she did that she sort of stopped on a dime and told me the story. I actually felt like punching the dude in the face, and I have no idea who he even is.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Truly.

Do you think there's a possibility she just doesn't want to and that's a bulletproof alibi? After that deal with the celtics i wouldn't put it past her.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To be honest it wasn't a big issue for me. There's been plenty of other things that I get a very firm no on like anal. If she had to lie about it I guess I'd be more hurt that she thought i was a dick that couldn't handle a no.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, this has taken a weird turn for the parent thread. After my wife and I were married for a few years she told me she didn't care for the taste of it and would prefer if i gave her a heads up. Sometimes she keeps going sometimes she finishes with the hand no big deal either way but i only give her one warning and its just seconds before
wink.png

Yesterday i got home after running a few errands and I noticed that all our solar yard lights (10) were strewn across the yard and a plastic bat was laying. I came into the house and he was sitting at the table looking very sad and my wife was fuming. She came outside to him teeing up on them.

When i asked him why he hit them his reply was very simple. with a laugh as his eye went big said "When i Whacked them they light up!". You could tell there was no malice in it hes just a 3 year old boy. We both looked away real fast so he wouldn't see smiles. I told him in the future he can only hit a ball with his bat and if he wasn't sure to come ask first.

I know bigger headaches are to come and when i hear some of the stories of people with older children I am glad mine are still so little.