Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am much the same. I simply want to parent. I want to be part of my kids' lives. This is not to say I love everything and every second. There's a lot of really shitty stuff that happens when you're a parent. But it's my family's shitty stuff. I'll deal with it.

And last night one of my daughters told me that she's really looking forward to our pending trip to Yellowstone, because it will be just our family, and we'll have lots of time to be with each other and not have any other expectations (soccer, hockey, etc.). And that melted my heart like you wouldn't believe. A 15 year old girl who is thrillled at the idea of two weeks with no one but her siblings and parents.
That's some good shit man. I remember my uncle and father used to setup camping trips for me, my brother, and my male cousin. We always looked forward to it and had a great time.

One year my city slicker aunt invited herself with her kids and we ended up leaving the first night because she didn't know how to get to MA from ME. Last time we ever went.

Good luck tred.

Tonight me and the little man both ate some Mac n cheese and he fucking loved it. It's crazy to think this time last year my wife's nipple were bleeding.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I shared a little bit of a cookie ice cream sandwich with him today and holy shit I thought he was going to chump my finger off. lol It's so awesome seeing them try something new that they've never had/done before and go apeshit over it.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a great time watching them try anything new, especially food. My daughter does a little giggle when she tries a new food she likes.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's a great time watching them try anything new, especially food. My daughter does a little giggle when she tries a new food she likes.
The look in their eyes when they try something awesome the first time is amazing. "Why haven't I had this before? Where have you been keeping it!"

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My son likes licking the top of my beer bottle and eating pizza with me. Football season will be glorious.

He gets a kick out cheering my beer with his water glass.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My son likes licking the top of my beer bottle and eating pizza with me. Football season will be glorious.

He gets a kick out cheering my beer with his water glass.
I managed to teach all 3 kids to "cheers", and the 1yo now does it whenever he sees a glass. The 5yo taught me a lesson on NYE of 2013, because I took a drink every time she cheersed and went through 4 beers in about ten minutes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My son taught my wife a lesson about fully closing the door when she's shitting. She used to keep it cracked so she could listen for him, but now he thinks it's hilarious to run over (actually running), slam the door open as hard as he can, laugh hysterically and then run away full speed laughing maniacally.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My son taught my wife a lesson about fully closing the door when she's shitting. She used to keep it cracked so she could listen for him, but now he thinks it's hilarious to run over (actually running), slam the door open as hard as he can, laugh hysterically and then run away full speed laughing maniacally.
haha that would definitely scare the shit out of my wife. I've gotta teach him that one.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My son likes to dive bomb push everyone.
My son has this problem big time! He just doesn't give a shit about running into his little sister or anything else. Not sure how many times we can say no pushing, no hitting, you have to be nice to your best friend (sister), etc before he gets it and stops.

Latest awesome thing was he picked up "For the love of God" from my wife... I was like nice one babe, teaching our kids great phrases!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have to tell everyone that comes to our home to lock the bathroom door if they use it. My 3 yr old son will follow ANYONE into the bathroom. It's like he is personally offended by someone being in the bathroom without him.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My son has this problem big time! He just doesn't give a shit about running into his little sister or anything else. Not sure how many times we can say no pushing, no hitting, you have to be nice to your best friend (sister), etc before he gets it and stops.

Latest awesome thing was he picked up "For the love of God" from my wife... I was like nice one babe, teaching our kids great phrases!
My youngest (18mo) threw a tantrum a few months ago. Full on fucking meltdown; laying on his back flailing his arms. As my wife and I watch in slight amusement, he starts yelling something. "Damn it damn it damn it damn it." Thanks to his mother for that one.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mine will do a high pitched shriek. Like a howler monkey. No idea where he got it from:

Like abut more kid like.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I have to tell everyone that comes to our home to lock the bathroom door if they use it. My 3 yr old son will follow ANYONE into the bathroom. It's like he is personally offended by someone being in the bathroom without him.

I think I've shit twice in the last 2 years without my kid in there. I have a better shot of taking a dump at Lowes without someone else in the restroom with me.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think I've shit twice in the last 2 years without my kid in there. I have a better shot of taking a dump at Lowes without someone else in the restroom with me.
You don't hold your shits until they're asleep so you can shit in peace?

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get two crying kids knocking on the door when I lock it to go poop. I just want to poop in peace!