Parent Thread

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
spanking is even worse because you are smacking your kid on the ass repeatedly. you are pretty much sexually assaulting your own kid.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you spanked me, you'd either go to jail or I'd have to pay you 50 bucks plus tip, depending on my particular demeanor.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
spanking is not beating. Spanking is not violence. You people are delusional and projecting.
Trust me, the anti-spankers are not the ones projecting here. Study after study says you're wrong. Look man, smack your kids. Odds are they'll be fine, but there are just as effective(if not more) ways of dealing with things that don't involve hitting...sorry, spanking your kids.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Well, if we needed any evidence of how children act in the face of authority, thanks for providing it guys.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ok ok new scenario

Your son steals your car and crashes it into your home while he is using his phone and iPad and video game consoles and he says "fuck u u fuckin bitch wut u gonna do old man" and then he jerks off onto a pistol

What do you do

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Ok ok new scenario

Your son steals your car and crashes it into your home while he is using his phone and iPad and video game consoles and he says "fuck u u fuckin bitch wut u gonna do old man" and then he jerks off onto a pistol

What do you do
I blame myself for adopting a black kid

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
not getting into the discipline debate with physical punishment but (personally i think it's a form of discipline that works if applied rarely, worked for me so shrug)

my 12 year old daughter walked into my bedroom the other day with an announcement...her first period started...so i get that joy now...of course the wife and her are talking about it all week so far...my boys are like ick gross...i'm like ick gross...

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
But what if after your daughter steals your car, she comes home and has the nuclear launch codes. She then starts to enter them into her computer(that she used to hack the government). You can stop nuclear war if you hit her. Do you hit her?

Probably have her nuke this tangent.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I've come to "brag".

My son got into a private school called Dexter Southfield ( Dexter Southfield ) here in Massachusetts. (Kennedy's and the like attended here). The school is extremely impressive to the average guy like me. BUT I laughed my ass off when I saw the tuition costs, and there was no way I would qualify for financial assistance. We had other private schools interested in my son playing football (Dexter is a hockey school) and footing most of the bill, so we considered Dexter out.

Two weeks ago somehow they miraculously found money to pay for 90% of my son's tuition IF he reclassified and played football. I was just waiting to see if it came thru before I told my son. It just didn't make sense in my mind, since when we took the tour it was clearly a hockey school (2 full rinks) Come to find out it looks like Johnathan Kraft (his son goes here) donated 15 million to build a football facility, and they want to seriously build their football program starting with my son and a few other kids. Last night the papers and swag package arrived. My son was so psyched it made me cry, I wish I could have recorded it. The boy is like football playingTuvok. Zero emotion, all logic, and about academics and football.

On TOP of that, all of a sudden Penn U's (Not Penn State) coach called last night also! Wants to have my son come down to their camp since we did not respond to the public invite. What are the chances? Get into this private school. Get call from Ivy League? On top of that several other the football powerhouse high schools have sent emails the last couple days. We even now have schools calling about academic scholarships when clearly prior they should have been calling about both. (Son is a 3.8 GPA 4.1 weighted)

I have always believed that you honestly earn your place in this world thru studies and hard work. Also taking advantage of whatever "privileges" that come your way. Whether white or black "privilege". Play the game, and play the cards dealt. That was pretty much it. Now? I honestly am starting to change my mind about my beliefs. Yes, my son has busted his ass over the years in everything he does. I'm proud of that most of all about my son. But for the doors to start opening this fast? It really is about who you know is my line of thinking. Which kind of sucks.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Trust me, the anti-spankers are not the ones projecting here. Study after study says you're wrong. Look man, smack your kids. Odds are they'll be fine, but there are just as effective(if not more) ways of dealing with things that don't involve hitting...sorry, spanking your kids.

It's funny. When my mother sent me to my room when I was a kid, till this day, I can not tell you why the fuck she sent me there. When my grandmother gave me a whoopin...I remember every single time what THAT punishment was for, and never even thought about doing that shit again.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's funny. When my mother sent me to my room when I was a kid, till this day, I can not tell you why the fuck she sent me there. When my grandmother gave me a whoopin...I remember every single time what THAT punishment was for, and never even thought about doing that shit again.
Yeah, but look at you now? We've all seen your sneakers. That's all the evidence I need that hitting kids has consequences.

Amod: This is a joke. Plz don't ban.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah, but look at you now? We've all seen your sneakers. That's all the evidence I need that hitting kids has consequences.

Amod: This is a joke. Plz don't ban.

I hate you.

My sneaker game is on point son!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I've come to "brag".

My son got into a private school called Dexter Southfield ( Dexter Southfield ) here in Massachusetts. (Kennedy's and the like attended here). The school is extremely impressive to the average guy like me. BUT I laughed my ass off when I saw the tuition costs, and there was no way I would qualify for financial assistance. We had other private schools interested in my son playing football (Dexter is a hockey school) and footing most of the bill, so we considered Dexter out.

Two weeks ago somehow they miraculously found money to pay for 90% of my son's tuition IF he reclassified and played football. I was just waiting to see if it came thru before I told my son. It just didn't make sense in my mind, since when we took the tour it was clearly a hockey school (2 full rinks) Come to find out it looks like Johnathan Kraft (his son goes here) donated 15 million to build a football facility, and they want to seriously build their football program starting with my son and a few other kids. Last night the papers and swag package arrived. My son was so psyched it made me cry, I wish I could have recorded it. The boy is like football playingTuvok. Zero emotion, all logic, and about academics and football.

On TOP of that, all of a sudden Penn U's (Not Penn State) coach called last night also! Wants to have my son come down to their camp since we did not respond to the public invite. What are the chances? Get into this private school. Get call from Ivy League? On top of that several other the football powerhouse high schools have sent emails the last couple days. We even now have schools calling about academic scholarships when clearly prior they should have been calling about both. (Son is a 3.8 GPA 4.1 weighted)

I have always believed that you honestly earn your place in this world thru studies and hard work. Also taking advantage of whatever "privileges" that come your way. Whether white or black "privilege". Play the game, and play the cards dealt. That was pretty much it. Now? I honestly am starting to change my mind about my beliefs. Yes, my son has busted his ass over the years in everything he does. I'm proud of that most of all about my son. But for the doors to start opening this fast? It really is about who you know I am starting to believe. Which kind of sucks in my mind.
Penn U is an amazing school. I would definitely put that above any other school that your son has offers from unless other Ivy's are invovled.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Damn Brahma that's awesome.

What's the tuition cost at Dexter? I imagine it's absurd if the Kraft's and the like attend

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
48K plus whatever extracurricular shit you want to do. So like 60K if you want to play a sport. Want to go with the school to Australia? 70K...Or whatever.

The GREAT thing about us getting the tuition assistance, is that we get everything at the discounted rate. Like Australia instead of 10K would cost like 750 bucks! Or whatever, just making up numbers, but you get the gist.

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
48K plus whatever extracurricular shit you want to do. So like 60K if you want to play a sport. Want to go with the school to Australia? 70K...Or whatever.

The GREAT thing about us getting the tuition assistance, is that we get everything at the discount rate. Like Australia instead of 10K would cost like 750 bucks! Or whatever, just making up numbers, but you get the gist.
Holy fucking shit. 48k is more than my entire master's program from JHU

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

The GREAT thing about us getting the tuition assistance, is that we get everything at the discount rate. Like Australia instead of 10K would cost like 750 bucks! Or whatever, just making up numbers, but you get the gist.

Thats crazily expensive... glad you are getting a discount. They are excellent schools but not worth paying that much unless you are a gazillionaire and don't care about that cash... But if you aren't paying? Enjoy it, good luck for your boy and get him to take advantage of the opportunity!