Parent Thread

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
That's so ridiculous, I have no words. Like $65K CAD. Even if I'd done an entire Bachelor's/Master's, it probably wouldn't have cost that much up here. And that's one year??

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wait a minute. That's HIGH SCHOOL?

Jesus Fuckin' Christ. <tm>

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All joking aside, if my kid could go there for 10% the cost I'd definitely send them. That's a good life trajectory

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Does your preschool have a caviar bar in the lunch room?! Didn't think so.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Lunch is a sore subject. Little chatter box talks too much and never touches the lunch my wife or I pack. Really been getting on my nerves.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Penn U is an amazing school. I would definitely put that above any other school that your son has offers from unless other Ivy's are invovled.
Penn U is triggering the fuck out of me. please call it "Penn" or "UPenn" if you insist on having a U in there.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Soygen...I lie to you not. Our 1st tour was during the 10-2pm time frame. We meet a couple professors (BOTH were MIT grads)...then go to lunch. They had CHEF's serving steaks and swordfish and the like. It was insane. The football coach was chuckling because I clearly was like WTF, is this for real? He told me he eats much better there than at home. So does his kids who attend.

They also have like one of the largest telescopes on the east coast. Whereas a parent of a student, I get a bit more access to the scope than the public. That will be fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
For real? Fuck it was $24k/yr for me 15 years ago at a small private college (and it's $54k/yr now).
It was roughly 45k for all classes and books. I did it while working so obviously didn't have rent factored into it or other expenses.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Damn, Brahma. I can't even imagine how you must feel having an opportunity like that for your kid.

My kids are stuck in public school so they better invent a fucking app or something.

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I can only hope my kids will have that kind of opportunity. We're still trying to gauge whether the oldest will be re-assessed as autistic or if she's made enough progress that the diagnosis no longer applies. Her doc says it's entirely likely that she won't actually fit the criteria anymore since she's come so far at this point. Here's hoping.

I mean, I do enjoy the disability tax credit, but... feels wrong when, most of the time, she's pretty much just another 4 year old now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My dad was a mechanic and I turned into an engineer. I really hope my kid follows my footsteps and makes it rich

• 1Solidarity