Parent Thread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Were they naturally concieved? This may sound horrible, but I had a minor panic attack waiting to get my first ultra sound with both, hoping there weren't two heartbeats. If there were three, I'd have an extreamly hard time not terminating. I wouldn't, but I'd think about it. I have "Irish twins" and it's hard. I can't imagine actual twins.
My wife went to a doctor and took some sort of medication and then a shot. Some sort of hormone thing I think.

The first ultrasound I wasn’t there for, but when my wife called me after getting out we both were freaking out a bit. Well, a lot actually. We were (and are) in a good financial place, but the logistics were pretty scary.

And then we went to the next ultrasound, and low and behold there were 4. At this point we were beyond freak out and really were just unbelieving. Doctor talked to us about reduction, not suggesting we do it but just mentioning that it was an option. We looked into it solely for the reason of increasing odds of the children being healthy, but found there wasn’t significant differences.

Found out in later ultrasound it was 2 boys and 2 girls. Then sometime between the week 20 and 22 ultrasound we lost one of the girls. It sucked.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Then sometime between the week 20 and 22 ultrasound we lost one of the girls. It sucked.
Oh man I can't begin to imagine the level of suck. Wife was 6 or 8 weeks along in 2014 when her godmother died and sure enough a few days later we lost the kid.
We did get our second kid but you always wonder how that one would have turned out.
(plus we had some fuckups because her ob was on holiday at the time so she had to see someone else, who decided she had not been pregnant at all and basically did nothing at first, later though did give her some medication that seems to be really important if you still plan on having kids afterwards... ah well).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've always loved Aesop' s fables, so I figured this would be the best "first book" for her (me).
FtiPFHw.jpg

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My son is 3 and half. I'd forgotten what feeding every 3-4 hours is like. Couple that with the three year old that likes to be up at 6 am and I'm exhausted. Going on about 5 hours of sleep a day for the past week. I really think I love caffeine more than my family sometimes.

Thankfully our parents have been a big help. My mother in law is staying over tonight and keeping my daughter so both my wife and I can get a solid njgjtd sleep.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
She was breast fed, but we had to heavily supplement w/ formula. The wife stopped shortly after the teeth started coming in, right around 4 months iirc.

Now that I think about it a little more, maybe it was more like 2 - 3 hours initially. Around 6 months we started introducing solids and would give her baby food in between the bottles so it became every 1.5 she was eating something. Either way, she's always had a really healthy appetite and get's super hangry.

Related to food, her lower canine's are coming in so the break from drool all over and extra whining is over :eek:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
To break from the baby talk (solidarity my brothers, been there, done that, have the scars and T Shirt), we have decided to home school the kids next year. They have upped the crazy to 11 on policies in response to the shooting in February, along with the stress of them running the place like a meat grinder. Bottom line kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore as that may affect their test scores at the end of the year. My son is a marked target already (much of which is self inflicted, yes), so he is a lock to be suspended and/or expelled under these new policies. My daughter just can't handle the pressure put on them to ace these end of year tests, and she is a mess every single year. I'm done, I'm out, and I'm not even nervous. I've been researching this all school year for my son, but now I think it's just best that they both go. I just wish there were more secular options available but around here, there just isn't.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
My 2yr old won't listen to a fucking word I say.

Annoying as fuck. His brother was perfect at that age.

Second one is definitely the troublemaker kid.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tyen maybe if you spent more time making EQBrowser and less time making babies I could be grinding on Coirnav at work right now.... HOW BOUT THAT

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Tyen maybe if you spent more time making EQBrowser and less time making babies I could be grinding on Coirnav at work right now.... HOW BOUT THAT

I'll prolly never come back to eqbrowser. I'm so deep in augmented reality, geolocation, and machine learning right now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nothing was working for months. Today my wife said "I heard your friend <FRIEND> is using the potty now" and he ripped his diaper off and used it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hey guys, how is everyone? Just doin a little warm-up.

What do you all think about vaccines?

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I just wish there were more secular options available but around here, there just isn't.

Homeschooling is a tough call but I can certainly understand why you would decide to do it under the circumstances.

Biggest thing is the socialization challenges - plenty of homeschool associations here but yeah vast majority are faith-based and likely using Ken Hamm bullshit curriculum.

Good luck with whatever you decide - so glad mine are on the home stretch as far as education goes.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Alexis Rose will be 1 year old next week! That was fucking fast(but fun).

FB_IMG_1520209428986.jpg

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users