Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My kid is 15 now. Acts like a tough guy. Never done anything like this with me. Should I be worried? It was around 10pm last night.

View attachment 337473

Don't be worried, but give that kid some attention asap. Nothing ridiculous, just find a reason to spend time with him. Kids do this, have an inexplicable need for some love and attention. My 20 year old kids still do this from time to time. In all honest you should likely feel good about this. Your kid needs some love, he's reaching out to you. Well done! Your relationship with him is good enough that when he's feeling vulnerable, you're who he reaches out to. And that's just awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

I’m going to have dinner with him tonight. Funny thing is, I asked him about a week ago if there was anything going on with him? I kind of sensed something, but kind of shrugged it off to paranoia with all the things I hear about kids having hard times. He denied it at the time, but then this. I’ll know tonight.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Good for you that he reached out to you and you can talk it out. Hope everything turns out good.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I’m going to have dinner with him tonight. Funny thing is, I asked him about a week ago if there was anything going on with him? I kind of sensed something, but kind of shrugged it off to paranoia with all the things I hear about kids having hard times. He denied it at the time, but then this. I’ll know tonight.

Do a lot of listening, but don't make it his job to start conversations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

He basically reverted back to tough guy. Said he just wanted a hug and that he was fine. I told him I was here for him any time he needed if anything came up.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he just wanted a hug
tenor.gif

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My kid is 15 now. Acts like a tough guy. Never done anything like this with me. Should I be worried? It was around 10pm last night.

View attachment 337473
I’d say reach out more often and offer to hang out and just BS more often. Teens and mental issues can escalate fast if they don’t have someone to talk something out with. Something small and dumb like a girl issue isn’t small and dumb to them cause it’s so new.

However...who is Andrew and why’s he hugging him so much? His boyfriend?

Brad2770

His step dad.

I give him as much attention as I can considering I don’t have custody of him. He had mentioned several times he would like to move in with me when he turns 18. I guess we will see.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
His step dad.

I give him as much attention as I can considering I don’t have custody of him. He had mentioned several times he would like to move in with me when he turns 18. I guess we will see.
Can’t he choose on his own by now? Thought they could at age 13 or something?

I get your situation, just saying offer to hang out as much as you can. Even if he can’t hang out at that time I think as long as you’re reaching out a bunch it could be helpful with whatever he’s going through. Just knowing someone gives a shit can go a long way with how someone feels.

Good luck.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
my wife and i both tested negative for covid. another kid in in my son's class tested positive. there are only 4 left in his class that are in person. since werr negative, we're in quarantine until march 17th

Arative

Vyemm Raider
And you are actually locking yourself in prison if you are negative? Are you insane?
Its the county health dept rule. I doubt we'll follow it but that's the law we're living under. My son is locked down for 10 days and then the rest of the family is 14 days after his 10.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Oh, I get its probably some edict from some official someplace. My point is once you have a negative test and have no symptoms then they can go pound sand. Those numbers are fucking ludicrous and anyone who follows them is a lemming. If one of you tested positive then that is a different story. But if all negative then go about your life.
I don't disagree that is bullshit. If my son hadn't been exposed we never would have test him. He's had normal colds that are worse than his covid. We're not going to follow it too closely.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
No lie, I have tried everything short of kissing someone who has the shit and I cant catch it. I just want to have it and be done with it. I should probably go have an antibody test to look for antibodies. My wife feels the exact same way.
Based on my son's symptoms, I wouldn't be surprised if it is running rampant in young kids, they just don't pass it to adults.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's illegal to require you to quarantine like that. Unlawful imprisonment. Illegal restriction of movement. There's no actual law on the books. Some faggot governor or mayor mandating shit doesn't make it law.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
It's illegal to require you to quarantine like that. Unlawful imprisonment. Illegal restriction of movement. There's no actual law on the books. Some faggot governor or mayor mandating shit doesn't make it law.
Its based on a missouri law. Not sure how they will actually enforce it though. Local health dept has stopped contact tracing on its own