Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Just got through my daughter’s wedding rehearsal, will be walking her down the aisle (well, down the nicely landscaped lawn) tomorrow. Doesn’t seem that long ago I was calling her Stinkerbell while changing her diaper…

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brad2770

I know how you feel. My kid is driving already. He’s 3 years away from the age I was when I met his mom.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah yesterday was kind of a blur, and today I’m just tired. Everyone said they liked the toast/speech, so yay me I guess… now to pay for it all. Seriously, I like my new son-in-law - he’s basically a younger me, so since I’m mildly narcissistic, it works out.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah yesterday was kind of a blur, and today I’m just tired. Everyone said they liked the toast/speech, so yay me I guess… now to pay for it all. Seriously, I like my new son-in-law - he’s basically a younger me, so since I’m mildly narcissistic, it works out.

Congrats man!

• 1Like

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
I remember the good old days when “he just needed an ass whipping” was considered a valid defense (but I did grow up in Alabama…)

Sorry man.

• 1Solidarity

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My wife is a high school AP, I hear about all this stuff.
Our youngest is definitely going to get into this kind of trouble, feisty as fuck.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Daughter is getting suspended from High School. Some boy has been talking shit to her all week and today came up to her and got in her face. She punched him in the mouth. Now matter how much we want them to be better than us... Sigh.
It depends on what was said really. You don't always want them to always walk away, at the very least they can report the abuse. I know, it's the wussy trying to do. Who cares. At least it puts it in schools court when it happens again.

I remember the first time my son got in a "fight". A kid hit him, he didn't hit back, and they were both suspended for fighting, I had to meet with the principal and a counselor along with him. It went just like you always heard it does. They started with the "it doesn't matter who starts the fight we have to suspend everyone". I responded with the typical, "son, next time wipe the floor with him". They gave me the, " that's not our intention". I followed with the, "that's the obvious result". He got suspended once more for fighting, the kid hit him and he wiped the floor with the kid. No one threatened him again. I could add a ton of details but suffice to say sometimes bullies shouldn't be picking fights, it doesn't suit them. My son isn't the toughest guy but to make things stop sometimes you have to stand up, especially when the outcome is obvious.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm building a rock wall (finally) for my 3.5 yo daughter right now. Inside the house, so she has something kinda active inside this winter. 4ft x 8ft right now, but I'll put up another sheet if she uses it regularly.

Ideas on a good way to motivate her to get up to the top? I was going to put a quarter or a dollar or something at the top and tell her she can put it in her piggy bank if she gets up there, but I'm not sure if it would be better just to leave the accomplishment itself as the motivation.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Mom & Grandma are out of town for 4 days, so I took a few days off work and Lil' Buttcheeks is helping me cross stuff off the to-do list. She just dragged an 8ft 1.5in Dowell around home depot for 30mins this morning.
Screenshot_20210926-123324_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-123305_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-123119_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-123149_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-123209_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
And, and here's us leaving for her first day of preschool a few weeks ago. Roug leaving her with strangers for the first time.
Screenshot_20210926-130809_Gallery.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
And, and here's us leaving for her first day of preschool a few weeks ago. Roug leaving her with strangers for the first time.
View attachment 374480

Dude she's cute as a button. Must take after her mom. :)

It was really hard for me, too, to leave my kids for the first time with strangers knowing they were going to have this whole part of their lives that didn't include me. It gets easier, and I even learned to find value in it. It gave them something interesting to talk about with me and their mother.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Dude she's cute as a button. Must take after her mom. :)

It was really hard for me, too, to leave my kids for the first time with strangers knowing they were going to have this whole part of their lives that didn't include me. It gets easier, and I even learned to find value in it. It gave them something interesting to talk about with me and their mother.
Yea, well, it's been like 2 weeks and I still haven't gotten a fucking macaroni necklace or anything so I'm not seeing the upside yet.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My main concern is this is the 4th time in two years she has clocked someone. I am worried about self control issues and am working with her on it. Like me, she does not like to walk away when she can.

Zoiks.

I feel like a girl getting suspended one time is an exception. Four times and yeah, seems like she's got something pent up inside of her.

Sorry man. I know you love your daughter and don't want her making life hard on herself. Will say a prayer for both you tonight.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes Actually my sister almost got arrested at school one time. Her 9th grade year she got student of the year and was loved by students and faculty alike (I'm sure some students didn't like her, but you get the idea).

The first day of her senior year she drove one of my dad's work vehicles (he's a forester) and campus police found a pocket knife w a 1" blade on it (more like a box cutter). So, they called my parents and when my mom showed up at the school the campus police Barney Fife motherfucker was flipping through a book. When my mom asked him what he was doing he said, "Trying to figure out how to arrest her." My sister had just turned 18, so they couldn't just arrest her like a normal student. My mom flipped the fuck out and said over her dead body and they'd have to go through her before they arrested my sister, which is TOTALLY unlike my mom.

Long story short my dad went on a political rampage and basically had the legislator who sponsored the bill testify at my sisters hearing and call the whole thing a sham. My sister got it scrubbed off her record and everything went back to normal.

Public schools are retarded. Although the private schools weren't much better and had there own issues there wasn't any of this "zero tolerance" bullshit public schools have to deal with.

• 1Solidarity