Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Proud fatherof a 1 and a half year old son. Best time of my life so far, the apple did not fall far from the tree for sure. Happy little kid with a ton of spirit and energy.

I watch a lot of sesame street with him, i grew up with it and he is now too. Furthermore he watches thomas the train.

Raising a kid is a big guessing game really, we read the books but you are not prepared! Not even close.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Father of two a daughter (11) and son (8).

As far as shows I watch with them, now at this age is pretty much just The Regular Show which I find very odd but fun. What I enjoy more now that they are older is playing computer games with them. They love minecraft and it's awesome to have gamer kids, it's like a dream come true

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Chiming in, father of two, daughter (15) and son (12). Kids think having a dad that know more memes than they do is both cool and disturbing. I agree.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Glad to hear your daughter is doing better Chaos!
smile.png

My kids all had their favorites in terms of TV. My oldest son (9) was a huge fan of The Wiggles, from toys, to shoes, clothes, blankets....he couldn't get enough of them, we even went to one of their shows. As a matter of fact, his favorite blanket has now been passed down to my youngest son (2) and it makes me smile every time he cuddles up to it as he now loves it too. (ah memories *wipes tear*) It was more tear enducing when my oldest came to visit for the weekend and saw it and said "Awww, he is usin gmy blanket how cute!" and cuddled up with im under it and they watched TV together. Nothing like shit like that will cause man mode to break down faster, I tell you.

Anyway....

My daughters (6) favorite show was Yo Gabba Gabba

My youngest son (2) is in love with Bubble Guppies, so much so I am now fighting with him, the little bastard (I say that lovingly) will bring me the remote and start pointing at the TV to have me go into the DVR and put on an episode for him. I put the kabosh on that real quick.

Now my oldest favorite show is Ghost Adventures....ah, what I wouldn't give to relive The Wiggles years with him again. /sigh

smile.png

smile.png

Hysol_sl

shitlord
I have a happy, healthy 9 month old boy. Really am fortunate after hearing some of the horror stories my wife has told me about colic babies.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Girlfriend took a test this morning just to be sure. I'm not a daddy.

Fuck yeah, I don't belong here. Woot!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mine (5 year old) goes through phases of what she's into and watches. Currently it's Martha Speaks on PBS because of some books we got from the library and started reading. Before that it was Scooby Doo (which was weird because she generally does not like anything scary).

lanludar

Silver Squire
I have a 10 year old daughter, she is definitely not a girly girl. She loves American Dad!....is that bad? lol

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was talking about it a little on irc last night but I might as well make it official... we just found out my wife is pregnant with our first child. She is due in July.

Let the games begin!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My son turned 1 this week. He had never tasted cake or ice cream up to this point. Best expressions ever.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Two girls, 6 and 8, and I married a latina so you can imagine the estrogen flowing in my house
frown.png

They basically watch all the shows on Disney Channel; Shake It Up, Hey Jessie, Dog with a Blog, etc.

frown.png

frown.png

lindz

#DDs
My middle girl (3) adores Spiderman and the Avengers. She is super into super heroes these days (she was a super hero for Halloween and my oldest thought it was such a good idea, that she went as a super hero as well). Horses are of course her other big thing and every time we drive past this stable on the way to school she says "you get me a pony to ride momma". >.<

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lurker from the old boards checking in finally and becoming more active
smile.png
I have a 2ish year old daughter and a 3 month old daughter. Despite losing most of my free time I can't wait to have a third, there really is nothing that equals having a kid and what it adds to your life. We started the 2 yr old in pre-school (Montissori) and she LOVES it. I'm glad we did this since I work at home she'll have a chance to socialize a bit more.

Speaking of which, some kids are ANIMALS! A little girl bit our daughter's face at school, I could count the teeth on her face. She handled it like a trooper though. It's a good thing I picked her up, my wife would've gone feral on everyone.

Also, I swear to god if I have to watch another Mickey Mouse Clubhouse I'm going to lose it. First thing in the morning (Ickey Ouse!!! Innnie!!) then I get a daddy finally after they are honored.

smile.png

smile.png

Halan

Molten Core Raider
I have two Daughters 6&2 and the oldest one loves the Clone Wars and Big Bang which is cool to sit and watch with her. The younger one loves Bubble Guppies and Dino Dan. As much grief as they cause when they scream and fight and bicker and gives me an idea what it is going to be like in their teens, I love them to death.

Some advice, If you are going to give your kids an iPad, make sure to control how much time they use it for otherwise there will be issues.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Chaos, did you happen to read the post I made about gardening on MN before it disappeared?
I don't think so. I cant really remember the last post I read. I was going to start another one here but ive been lazy and also fuck evelys.

Varlox_sl

shitlord
Hey, so I have lurked on FOH and had registered for MoreNetz but didn't have a chance to post before it all went South, but I have a question for some of the fathers that have been through this. So I have a 4 month old and he has just started to wake up in the middle of the night screaming. My wife and I are unable to console him and it appears he is still sleeping, then after about 10 minutes he will fall back asleep. Is this something anyone else has had happen or should I be worried. It happens maybe twice a night and just started a couple of days ago. Appreciate any insight.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey, so I have lurked on FOH and had registered for MoreNetz but didn't have a chance to post before it all went South, but I have a question for some of the fathers that have been through this. So I have a 4 month old and he has just started to wake up in the middle of the night screaming. My wife and I are unable to console him and it appears he is still sleeping, then after about 10 minutes he will fall back asleep. Is this something anyone else has had happen or should I be worried. It happens maybe twice a night and just started a couple of days ago. Appreciate any insight.
It's just night terrors, pretty common for kids. My daughter had it a little. They say it's best to just let them sleep through it and deal with it and that waking them up or trying to could make it worse for them. From everything I've read it's not something to worry about and they'll outgrow it.